The scoop on 'Jadare'

Jadare

45 Difficult Drive
Idaho City, Idaho 83631 (United States)

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark The website has been out of commission for several months; unofficial reports from eBay buyers indicate this seller may have been closed down. If anyone has an update on this company, please contact the Watchdog editors.

The following is a note sent to the Watchdog by Officer John Sparling from the Adel, IA Police Department:

I spoke with the Boise County Sheriff's office today and Amber Hearn is doing fine and was not in an accident. I would urge your members to file charges against her if she has not responded to their letters or given back their money. As of this day 06-27-05 there are only four of us on the list. if you have any questions please contact me.

Comments:

Negative RuthannaK
Rankin, IL
May 17, 2006
I ordered 64.00 of plants off of ebay for our Idea Garden for our local Master Gardeners and I never got them. I got the "accident" story a bunch of times but no plants. I trusted her to make good on this . Why did she do this to so many people? I dont understand it.
Negative Von
Ironton, MN
February 3, 2006
I send $150 to Jadre for two different orders. I received nothing.
Negative kannonzaki
Lakeside, CA
November 20, 2005
Neutral Negative experience. At least I got the seed packets but when I opened them half of them were empty. Small 20 bucks gone! But now I'll have to check every seed packet on their arrival and distrust everyone on the net. Sickening what american business has become.
Other packets were as advertised and a good price. But it is disappointing to learn she cut and run!
Negative arbonnenicole
Columbus, IN
September 28, 2005
I too was taken for my money. I tried numerous times to contact her with no luck. I had an entire side of my house empty where those plants should have been. I did file a complaint with the sheriff's office. Has anyone heard anymore about this? I filed it back in July I do believe and I have heard nothing more.
Negative lynnsherbs
Zimmerman, MN (Zone 4a)
August 12, 2005
This one just gets worse and worse. I filed a complaint with e-fraud, who referred the State of Idaho to me. Jadare claims I never paid for my shipping!! Paid in March by Paypal. Paid for my plants in January by check and have received nothing, not even an answer to my emails. The unfortunate part is that the ebay sellers will suffer for this.
Negative JeannieD
Blairstown, NJ
August 12, 2005
I also join this list of many people that got bambuzzled by this company. People fall on hard times....we all have from time to time. This is no reason to abscond with our money or merchandise. I work hard for my money as well and would like it returned. I am so careful and yet......... I feel badly for other legitimate companies that are going to suffer from the sins of this person.
Negative sgwallace
Nashville, TN
June 28, 2005
sgwallace (nashville, tn)

Just a completely negative experience. Very prompt at offering plants and taking money but then fails to respond professionally and honor obligation. I cannot recommend this seller. Complaint filed with Better Business Bureau of Boise, ID. Will be pursuing all other potential avenues against this seller, including paypal, law enforcement and the FTC. One can only hope that this seller reaps what she sows and gets all that she deserves in any future transaction. I saw where she holds a valid Idaho Nursery License, it would be fortunate if there were some way to get that suspended and this operation closed down.
Negative lily420
Rockwood, TN
June 25, 2005
I placed an order with this company around the 1st of March-after numerous emails, and finally filing a complaint with paypal, I finally received my "plants" on 5/13- scrawny little things, and half of them died within a week. I would never buy from these people again, especially after reading all the negative comments. So Amber was in an "accident"- how hard could it be for someone in her family or a friend to let everyone know something that could be verified and not just some vague "accident" story? I hope Jadare is held accountable for all the money/ plants she owes to so many people.
Positive ElaineK
Saukville, WI
June 17, 2005
I have always been extremely pleased with the plants from Jadare. Amber has been both pleasant and prompt. I was quite surprised when my order from this year did not arrive. Subsequently, the accident information came to light. Granted I have places waiting for the plants I ordered and am anxious to receive them, but I certainly not going to blow her off for what has happened. I feel confident that my order will be filled at some point and will wait for that time. Quality and selection are what appeal to me.
I am disappointed that some people are so quick to turn on another.
Negative kerrcmbp
Cape May, NJ
June 11, 2005
i too bought from this company months ago and have received nothing. I have spent about $200 and have not received any answers to my phone calls, emails etc. Also I did not know anything about an accident until reading some of the feedback here. I am very upset that someone has not yet contacted me from the business, family, etc. (at Jadare) Yes, when ordering plants Amber sounded wonderful and very nice. However what is going on now is criminal. don't these people realize that? awful things happen to people, terrible luck doesnt give anyone the ok to treat people who work hard for their money as fools.
Negative doclexus
Hinckley, OH
June 8, 2005
Add me to the list of disgruntled customers. I placed a large order in April and requested delayed shipping until mid May. Then the emails started coming -- "much busier this year, running behind, added extra help, sorry for the delay". NO response to emails, USPS letters, phone messages. I just stumbled on this site through my search engine and noted the comments about an apparent accident. I got enough automatic reply emails from Jadare -- why didn't they automatically notify everyone of the circumstances? Like some other people, my transaction is so old that I can't even leave the negative feedback on ebay that these people deserve, and I have no further recourse through ebay or PayPal. I don't know Amber and never bought anything from her before, and she may be a good person and may have had the best and most unique plants, but she will forevermore be remembered for what she did to the public with this incident.

John
Hinckley, Ohio
Positive ShadowKat
Isom, KY
June 5, 2005
Amber is a fine plantswoman and seller. I have routinely placed and received $200 & $300 orders with her, and always been well-pleased. Amber is 100% honest. Please note that a person who has been in a serious accident and who is still hospitalized is not suddenly well again, nor should that person be used for target practice. I, too, am waiting on an extremely large and expensive order...and will wait until either Amber or her husband or one of their children is able to deal with business again. How could one imagine that her husband and children would be able to carry on as usual when their wife/mother is in a hospital with serious injuries? Of course, if you are lucky enough to speak with her husband he will be short with you. I'm not a family member, just a friend, and I'm ready to be short with you. I certainly hope that one of them will be able to provide rebuttal statements soon;- in other words, I hope that Amber will soon be well and back home again. Amber, Love and Hugs, and God watch over you, sweetness! Your :) Kat =^..^=
Negative karenannen
Cumberland Furnace, TN
June 5, 2005
Well, I lost out too.
I made 3 seperate orders, and like one of the other posts here, I received the same email that there would be a delay in shipping.
I just can't believe that I'm out all this money.
More than 45 days have passed since I placed the order, so there is no recourse through eBay or PayPal.

On June 10th, 2005, karenannen added the following:

Even though my order was over 45 days old, I called PayPal, and got a refund.
So if you paid throuh PayPal, it's worth a call.
But you need to explain the entire circumstances... how we were put off on the shipping dates by her.
Hope this helps some of you.
Negative SpNkM3
Fairmont, WV
June 3, 2005
I ordered plants in April and the last email I received told me they would be shipped within the week. My questions are--if it was an accident, when did it occur? Why did only SOME people receive notice of this? I ask, because the last email date I received a note from Amber (assuring me that they would be shipped within the week), doesn't quite fit. And why did their website go down the same week I received this email? Why shut off the phone? And why have SOME other people on EBAY been receiving THEIR plants since this accident? If the situation gets cleared up, I will change my rating. Until then, yes--I'm skeptical. Regardless, I have the Sheriff's Dept in their county looking into it.
On June 3rd, 2005, SpNkM3 added the following:

Still waiting for "Amber's friends" to let everyone know when this accident occured.....wouldn't that EASILY clear things up a bit for those of us who feel we got SCREWED.
On June 5th, 2005, SpNkM3 added the following:

Once again--WHEN WAS THIS ACCIDENT?
On June 5th, 2005, SpNkM3 added the following:

I received this email from member cherishlife:

I emailed exactly 10 people on eBay who left negative comments. I left only 10 because that is all eBay would allow me to send. By that time, someone had put notes on their negative comments about Amber's accident. I didn't see the point in emailing 10 people a day thereafter.

WE do not know WHEN Amber's accident occurred. "We" are the people who routinely order from her and get excellent service. "We" are not necessarily her friends. "We" simply know that she is true to her word and that something terrible must have happened to her. One of her long time customers went to her hometown and a personal friend of Amber's gave enough information that we know that she had an accident. On her way to see a sibling, she was following a truckload of SeaDoo's when they came loose and hit her car. "We" don't know what day this happened, nor do we know which hospital she is in so that "we" can verify the accident and see how she is doing.

At this point "We" are trying to find out where she is and what day the accident happened.

MY RESPONSE:

I appreciate the info. However, as several people have pointed out, some people ordered their items many months ago, and had still not received them by the time of this accident. When I won the auction, I accepted a 2-3 week ship time. As of her last email to me May 13, 2005 (a MONTH later), she STILL had not shipped my items--not acceptable according to EBAY SELLER responsibilities. She had NO business advertising any more auctions or ANYTHING on her / their website if they couldn't handle the business they were already sent money for. Accident or not, she STILL took people's money and advertised more plants in the meanwhile--then DIDN'T DELIVER.

On June 11th, 2005, SpNkM3 added the following:

Amber and her husband, C. Wayman Hearn also used to own Whippoorwill Creek Nursery there in Utah. It apparently is no longer in existence either. The Sheriff's Dept. in Boise. said they had not been able to obtain anything about Amber Hearn being in an accident. According to another email I received from someone else on this forum, the dates that someone close to the family gave to this member still would not excuse her for not having sent my order--it would have happened AFTER SHE PROMISED to send my order out. Period. CRIMINALS. THIEFS. LIARS. SCAM ARTISTS. I am still pursuing every legal avenue available to catch these CROOKS.
On June 25th, 2005, SpNkM3 added the following:

I finally received a credit back today from Paypal--NOT Jadare. I still have not received ANYTHING from them, but according to the State Attorney General's Office in Idaho, they have 21 days from June 14, 2005 to respond to the complaint I have made against them. Accident or not, they accepted a lot of money from people. Amber had promised my order would be sent out (this was before her alleged accident), and it wasn't. There was no sense in Jadare placing items up for bid they they could not fill immediately. I agree with others--they got greedy, bit off more than they could chew, then took the money and ran. For those that are so quick to defend this company, you have no right to criticize people that didn't receive their items and feel the way they do. It's not good business to not have all bases covered--especially when there is so much money involved.
On July 10th, 2005, SpNkM3 added the following:

I received the following message today from Corp. Gina Turner at the Boise County Sheriff's Department:

I saw Amber Hearn the other day, she is alive and well. Maybe you can put the word out there was no vehicle crash. I am waiting for a couple more witness statements to come in and I will forward all the information to the prosecutor for a warrant.

Gina Turner

I had contacted Cpl. Turner and asked her to check out the "accident" and verify. So she did.
So for all of you who got screwed by these people, I would suggest you contact her. If you need the contact info, please feel free to contact me.
Negative Jenniew
Coshocton, OH (Zone 6a)
June 1, 2005
I had purchased plants from ebay from in March. I have not received plants, they won't answer email and I am out 75 dollars. Do not use them.
On June 2nd, 2005, Jenniew added the following:

I received an email today saying that Jadare (Amber) was in an accident and in the hospital. The person who let me know is sure that I will receive my plants or a refund. When I receive one or the other, I will change my rating, but as I wrote back to her, someone at the business should have let me know sooner than June 1.
I have been waiting since March for my plants.
Negative outtahand
Springdale, AR
June 1, 2005
.......DO NOT BUY FROM JADARE.............
I purchased over $75 worth of plants from Jadare on ebay & thru their website. I received an email telling me of a delay. Weeks passed. I emailed again, they told me plants would be here shortly. More weeks have passed. Phone is disconnected, wont return my emails begging for a refund. Knowing so many people are so upset, they could at least change the automated email they have to explain themselves.
Obviously, they dont care.
I think they got in over their head with accepting orders, and
are waiting for most people to give up and write it off. Dont let them rip you off also.
........DO NOT BUY FROM JADARE.........
On June 4th, 2005, outtahand added the following:

So, if she's in the hospital, how come their website is taken down, and now she's no longer a registered user on ebay?
almost sounds like she's moving or something. I still have heard nothing in response to my daily emails.
Negative specialangel
Redondo Beach, CA
May 31, 2005
I ordered multiple plants through their ebay listings March 27, 2005 and sent them payment through paypal the next day (Marh 28) - To date I have received nothing. I have sent several emails they were not answered. I left a telephone message, no answer.
Negative mariajose
Lafayette, IN (Zone 5a)
May 29, 2005
My purchases made in February were never sent. No response to emails, 88 negative feedbacks on ebay for this seller in the last month alone. Stay away, save your money.
Negative raggedyannee
Saint Joseph, MO
May 26, 2005
I ordered 4 plants from jadare on April 11th and 4 plants on April 29th for a total of $63.35. Both of my checks have cleared the bank and I have received no plants to date, May 26th. I have emailed numerous times, called several times and left a message and have heard nothing from amber.
I just simply would like to hear from her regarding these plants. There must be some serious problem to go from sending great plants promptly to this.
I hesitate to leave a negative feedback for her because I hope she will contact me and resolve this.
On June 4th, 2005, raggedyannee added the following:

I did receive an auto-generated email that said they would contact me in several days but so far they haven't.
I hope Amber is doing well.
I don't quite understand either why some people are getting their plants while most of us aren't. I see jadare is no longer a registered user on ebay and feedback can no longer be left.
I hope they do eventually send my plants...I was looking forward to them. The plants look lovely and the descriptions were wonderful. I guess time will tell.
On August 2nd, 2005, raggedyannee changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

I would like to change my rating from neutral to negative, for all the good it will do. After all these months, I have received no plants, no $63.35 back, not even an I'm sorry.
Surely after over 3 months, someone in the family could send refunds to the hardworking people who trusted them and sent checks which were cashed. We all work hard for our money and the way this was handled was stealing.
Negative dmac085
Greensboro, NC (Zone 7a)
May 25, 2005
I won an auction for an Agastache Sonoran Sunset at the end of Feb. 2005, the company was paid in full by March 5, 2005. Their auction did state up front a 2-3 week shipping date which was OK as it was still very early spring. On April, oh, I'd say 20th, I recieved an email still citing "late spring weather was delaying the growth and subsequent delivery dates of the plant". Currently her site is not operational, there are no auctions on eBay, no responses to emails or phone calls and I've personally been contacted by several other victims of this seller. I was lucky, I'm only out $8, but others spent over $100. All the recent feedback left on eBay for this seller cites fraudulent behavior. I was encouraged to file a complaint with the IFCC and the FTC for internet fraud and hope others do the same. Business practices like these really are damaging for those buyers and sellers (not just on eBay) who are doing a fair and honest job. (I'll be getting off my soapbox now...:)
On June 4th, 2005, dmac085 added the following:

If anyone has been ill or injured, I hope they are now well. However, you can't expect me to believe that Amber runs that operation on her own and ALL affected customers should have been informed and promptly given refunds. I was given the following information so fraud reports could be filed with the IFCC and the FTC, as well as the local police.
[HYPERLINK@www.ifccfbi.gov]

Hope this helps.
Negative DebbieSells
San Jose, CA (Zone 9a)
May 22, 2005
I bought from them last year & everything was fine-good plants, fast shipping etc. I purchased about $80.00 worth on EBAY the first of April. They sent me an email two weeks ago saying they are sorry for the delay, my plants will be shipped immediatly. Today is May 22, and still no plants. Look at the large amount of negative fedback they have now. Something is wrong, buyers are not getting responses from their emails, no plants, and no refunds. One buyer I emailed said that he bought in Jan, and they offered him a credit for plants. He said ok and ordered new ones, and has not received them.
Negative woodthrush
Albrightsville, PA (Zone 4a)
May 14, 2005
I just receive 8 heuchera plants from them. Six of them were just tossed in plastic bags, 3 different plants to a bag along with their 3 different tags. I was told I should be able to figure out what was what. Very poor service,
I had to write to find out when I would get shipment and then they just threw the plants in a box to get the shipment out. And then she had the nerve to accuse me of feedback extortion. Never, ever, waste your money here.
Positive epperly3
Hinton, OK (Zone 7a)
May 2, 2005
I've ordered here the last two years. Everything has arrived promptly at the correct shipping time and was as ordered. You can expect each plant you receive to be exactly as it is described ~ no seedings here ~ her plants are fantastic and you couldn't ask for better packaging. Everything arrives healthy and in tip-top shape. Surprising still yet is her pricing ~ it's one of the lowest you'll find but the plants are above average and with larger orders you'll find extras tucked in. This is by far my favorite place to shop for flowers. Great Selection ~ Great Customer Service ~ Prompt Shipping ~ Top Quality Plants. Why would I shop anywhere else?!!
Positive MollyMc
Archer/Bronson, FL (Zone 8b)
March 22, 2005
I discovered this company on Ebay a couple years ago. She sells excellent plants, packages them expertly and ships promptly. She often includes bonus plants on larger orders. She also has a separate retail internet store which she sells from, often for pricing less than on Ebay. Last year when the temperatures were so high, I had a few plants die during and just after shipping. She sent replacement plants without a problem. I return to her again and again.
On May 26th, 2005, MollyMc added the following:

As of 5/26/05. Last month I received part of my spring order from Amber with notice that the balance would be shipped in a couple weeks. Most of the balance of the plants were bonuses from her for referrals. I wanted to add to the order and did not receive a personal response to my email, usually I get one directly from her. In looking around today, I find her website is down and no current auctions on Ebay. This turnaround of activity has only happened in the past month and I have reason for a strong suspicion that something other than dishonesty has happened to her.
At this point I am not changing my rating, particularly since she is no longer selling anything.
On June 2nd, 2005, MollyMc added the following:

It is reported that Amber was in a serious automobile accident this past month and is in a hospital in NC. As I stated, I will not change my rating here.
Negative jamie68
Vancouver, WA (Zone 8b)
March 2, 2005
I have a large order in with this company. The selection is amazing, the prices are quite low for the size and Amber could not be any more pleasant to work with if she tried!! I have asked many, MANY questions of her thru email, and she responds promptly and always is as helpful as posiible. I will continue to order from Jadare often. A pleasure!
Jamie
On July 23rd, 2005, jamie68 changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

The above comments were obviously made before all orders quit being filled, and all email stopped being responded to. I had a huge order ($200+) in with this person, and never a word, an explanation, a refund offered....nothing! After all the A+'s I gave this company....I now give it an F, F, F, F!!!! As in Failed to deliver! Failed to explain! Failed to refund! And lastly, Failed to make arrangements to have family &/or friends help out - or at least email an explanation to each and every person who had money paid out and plants pending!! Very, very suspicious. I gave the benefit of the doubt to this person for some time...NO MORE!! She is not laying in a bed somewhere, with not one person on this earth able to let all her customers at least know what is going on. Do not believe these lies anymore, look into it, call the numbers given above, and let the appropriate law officers know what this person has done, which is steal a lot of money!
Positive cherishlife
Pocola, OK (Zone 7a)
February 25, 2005
I bought from her last fall through ebay and was very happy with the quality of the plants. I'm glad to see that she has her own website. I'm amazed at the sheer volume of plants that she's offering.
Positive hemlady
Melvindale, MI (Zone 5a)
February 24, 2005
I bought some plants from her last fall and they arrived in great condition. Plants were a nice size and very healthy looking and were shipped in a timely manner. A+++++
Positive ruby42
Cape May Court House, NJ (Zone 7a)
February 16, 2005
I have been buying from jadre for several year's now and I have NEVER been disappointed at the quality or size of her plant's!

She is alway's adding new perennials that I am not able to find at local nursery's and the price's are VERY, VERY, reasonable!

I have to add that she is GREAT to deal with and alway's very helpful!

As long as she keep's selling I will keep buying!
On May 26th, 2005, ruby42 added the following:

I know there has been a problem with people not getting plant's that were ordered from Jadare thisspring. I myself have won about $75.00 worth of plant's on e-bay from her since February and I WILL NOT cange my positive comment's.

I feel there has to be something VERY wrong for this to be happening .