The scoop on 'Towaliga Plants'

Towaliga Plants

13036 Hwy 87, Juliette, Georgia
Juliette, Georgia 31046 (United States)

Visit Towaliga Plants at:

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark As of July 2006, emails are being returned as undeliverable. If anyone has a status update on Towaliga Plants, please contact the Garden Watchdog editors.

Comments:

Positive poppop
forsyth, GA (Zone 8a)
July 5, 2012
Just an awesome nursery , specializing in Native Plants , Just a mile or so up the road from Juliette , Georgia . You can "chunk a rock" and hit the Towaliga River ! John and Lamyrl are very knowledgeable gardeners and can offer landscape advice ,also. It's not hard to spend hours ( I stayed 3 hours ,my last visit ) ,walking through these beautiful grounds . Don't forget to see those rare perennials ,that are rare and even endangered ! Their prices are very reasonable , nice in our present economical condition ! Good folks and super dealers !
Positive msampler
Barnesville (High Falls), GA (Zone 7b)
May 10, 2005
I have visited Towaliga Native Plants several times this year already and have found each trip to be exciting. (Its like a kid in a candy store).
Both John and Lamyrl will spend all the time in the world with you answering questions and helping you locate just the right plant. My first trip I think John spent 2-3 hours with me. He is extremely knowledgeable.
It is my primary source for plants that you can not find at other locations in the area. i.e. Banana Shrubs, Dove Tree, and many varieties of Native Azaleas.
Excellent people, excellent site, and good prices!
Positive Delisa
Wildwood, FL (Zone 9a)
April 24, 2005
A few of us visited on Friday and it was even better than expected. You can spend a lot of time there just looking. It is like a nature trail. I came with a list of wants. Brought home 3 types of native azalea, 3 types of banana shrub, and lots of other things. The selection of natives is wonderful. They also have photos of their plants so you can see what they look like in bloom. The owners were so friendly and helpful. I have never been to a better nursery!
Positive Lomanve
Southeast, MS (Zone 8a)
April 24, 2005
Stunning nursery, set up as a garden. I thoroughly enjoyed not only walking around their beautiful setup, but picked some lovely, very healthy plants to bring home as well. We have already planned a trip back.
Positive violabird
Barnesville, GA (Zone 8a)
February 16, 2005
This nursery specializes in native plants and other varieties of plants, shrubs and trees that do well in the South. The owners John and Lamyrl Atkinson often give informative lectures on some very under-used plants, and have a lot of 'hard to find' selections. They recently visited the Griffin Research and Education Garden to lecture, where I first learned of them through fellow DGer, MSampler.

After searching high and low for a certain Banana Shrub (Michelia skinneriana) I was delighted to find a wonderful specimen there, and will be going back as soon as possible. Their plants are large and healthy so they do prefer you to come to the nursery to pick them up (it's well worth the visit to see the display gardens). It's wonderful to have such a place in Middle Georgia.