The scoop on 'Morse Nursery'

Morse Nursery

12300 Betz Road
Battle Creek, Michigan 49015 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-338-2105

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive Attica_Farmer
Attica, MI
May 20, 2014
I have ordered trees from at least 5 dozen nurseries in the last 5 years just looking for healthy stock regardless of the size,I sample several each year and have panted over 4,000 seedlings by hand. I just wanted healthy and able to make a transplant to new ground. The customer service was in question because I paid for my orders months ago and never heard anything until the day my order shipped. Charlie called to let me know the status of my order, what they had available due to a really crappy spring, and my alternatives or a refund. I opted for an alternative ( 1 out of 6 varieties I ordered ) . I was surprised my order arrived overnight delivery and it is bar far the best looking stock I have ever received from a nursery and packaged like someone had sent me flowers from across the country. Maybe I received the home state treatment , I'm not sure? I will be ordering everything I need if they have it on the menu from here on out. My only regret is I didn't find them years sooner.

Seriously, I can't express in words how pleased I was with this order. 48 fruit trees, 6 varieties and not a single tree that looked sickly. I actually had to prune the majority of them prior to replanting.. and the Jiffy plugs made planting a breeze instead of digging a monster hole to accommodate spreading bare roots.

Every tree was at least 18" tall and as green as could be, We are extremely happy with our purchase from Morse Nursery. I have already had family members ask where they can get some more of "those trees"

Positive MGhunter
September 1, 2008
Plants were small to start with but grew like crazy when I planted them. The nursery explained to me the plants were small because they air root pruned the seedlings to develop more roots and this will help my plants grow better. They made a believer out of me. I planted all of them in 60" tree tubes and all ten trees grew out of the top of my tubes this year. I will be purchasing more trees from this nursery in the future.
Positive PJE
Austin, TX
August 27, 2007
Ordered 10 Hybrid Oaks, 10 Honeysuckle shrubs, 20 Fertilizer packs, and 10 tree shelters. Plants where not packaged well: to the point that I almost didn't plant them. Never received any tree shelters, was shorted 7 fertilizer packs and never received a receipt. They have yet to return any of my e-mails or phone calls to determine exactly what I paid for.
On August 28th, 2007, PJE changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

After speaking with Tyler and finding out that they had problems with their internet and telephone service all has been resolved. My shelters have been received and plan to put in another order very soon. As for the packaging I have to assume that package was not handled well through the course of delivery. The box must have been shipped upside down. The plants seem to have made the trip all things considered and I look forward to watching them develop!
Positive nrcsforrester
Battle Creek, MI
February 17, 2007
Plants recieved were small but they grew like crazy. Plants were delivered in small plugs that were easy to plant. Excellent wildlife selection of trees and shrubs