The scoop on 'Bonnie's Plants'

Bonnie's Plants

1751 Beverly Street
Newton, North Carolina 28658 (United States)

Company Comment, posted on February 2, 2011:
We have over 30 years experience as commercial growers of pond plants (many unusual and hard to find) customer service is a priority! All of our pond plants and brugmansia are grown here on our farm in heated greenhouses.

You are buying direct from the grower, not a re-seller. We pay attention to detail.

As a koi breeder, mostly butterfly koi, you will find our koi very healthy and friendly to the owner.

Please visit us at http://www.bonniesplants.com

Comments:

Neutral HomeGrownTomato
New London, CT
July 28, 2014

Company representative comment on August 4, 2014:
On Aug 4, 2014 5:28 AM, Bonnie\'s Plants responded with:

What the heck! You post a negative for me and have the wrong company then you leave a neutral BECAUSE you had the wrong company?

Negative michmill
Brigantine, NJ
June 21, 2013
Bonnie is not a nice woman. She sent me something I did not order and harangued me over the phone because I opened the package. She threatened to not send me my order. Not unhappy with her product, which eventually came, but unhappy with her lack of civility.
Company representative comment on June 21, 2013:
On Jun 21, 2013 6:25 AM, Bonnie's Plants responded with:

I did accidentally ship the wrong order but I emailed and called and asked that he refuse the package so it would come back to me. He opened it anyway and decided he liked and decided he would just keep it. He replied he is not required to return items shipped to him accidentally. First time in 30 years I have come across a totally dishonest person. The other items were shipped the first Monday after payment was received. I clearly state that live plants ship every Monday and Tuesday ONLY!

Negative blondeladybug
Charlotte, NC
August 9, 2011
Says she stands beind her plants but she does not. The plants arrived in terrible condition and I am in the same state she is in.

First tried to reach her by phone but she gets angry and doesn't want anyone to call her. Now I find that she is running this business out of her house. I wonder how you get a nursery certificate for legal inspected aquatics at a residential address? I bet you dont so the only thing alive in my pond now is some duckweed that came attached to the plants.

So very upset!!!!

Beware!!!
Company representative comment on August 9, 2011:
On Aug 9, 2011 1:55 PM, Bonnie's Plants responded with:

Our farm is also our residence and yes we do have greenhouses on the property. My NC license number is 5856 and I am licensed and inspected by the Department of Agriculture. So please get your facts straight before you post that I am not licensed and inspected. My inspector is Wayne Packard and he was just here last week. And if you email me, I will provide the inspector's phone number.

We do not have a phone in the greenhouse. I spend all daylight hours there taking care of the plants and koi we breed and sell. I do come up to the house to use the rest room. The huge fans that run in the greenhouse makes for too much interference on the phone line. AND I do stand behind what I sell, too bad you did not get in touch with me first.
So are there any more lies you care to tell?

Positive angeleyes42
Van Alstyne, TX
October 2, 2009
I ordered hornwort & anacharis for my little goldfish pond. The plants were promptly shipped & arrived green & healthy. Buying on line is usually not a personal experience, but Bonnie made it that way. I received an email when my order was placed & another when it was shipped. I also got an email asking if I'd like her newsletter. Any commets I sent were answered. It made me feel like I could ask her for advice on any product she carries & that she would be quick with an answer. I'm sure I will buy here again in the future.
Positive Iris_Place
Saint Charles, MO
March 18, 2009
Ordered Lotus tuber and it arrived in great shape, I followed instructions, not hard, but very important and is now sending up leaves after two weeks, will order again next year.
Negative ic_conifers
Iowa City, IA (Zone 5a)
February 25, 2009
I am disappointed with the lack of resolution for a lotus tuber damaged during shipment. I did not receive a replacement or a refund and finally gave up. Next year I will order from a different vendor.
On March 19th, 2009, ic_conifers added the following:

The same day the vendor posted a response, I complied and resent my shipping information, which didn't change from the order earlier in the year. Nearly a month later, I still have not received a new tuber or refund or any communication indicating I would.
Company representative comment on February 25, 2009:
On Feb 25, 2009 11:36 AM, Bonnie's Plants responded with:

Email me your full shipping information and I will send a replacement.
I do stand behind what I sell

bonniehale@charter.net

Positive gharter
Waterloo, IA
April 19, 2007
My first order and it was very easy! Purchased hard to find Taro and Cannas for my pond. Very fast email response to questions. Easy payment through Google checkout. The plants were shipped quickly and well packaged. I was notified when the plants were shipped and when to expect them. Very nice size plants, healthy and very fairly priced. Would use again for pond plants.
Positive GeorgiaJo
Dallas, GA (Zone 7b)
June 10, 2006
This is my best-ever, most reliable source for pond plants. And, more important, for pond plant advice. I have purchased at least 6 items over the past three years and feel comfortable asking Bonnie's advice about everything.
Positive lminker
Browns Mills, NJ
May 24, 2006
Lovely person to deal with! I ordered several pond/bog garden plants and some plant baskets online and Bonnie not only shipped everything out to arrive superquick, but answered my email inquiries just as quickly. A very knowledgeable and helpful person. I would highly recommend Bonnie's Plants as the place to order from a large and varied assortment of plants. Honest and accommodating and her website is incredibly informative.