The scoop on 'Millington Seed Co.'

Millington Seed Co.

7333 Hess Road
Millington, Michigan 48746 (United States)

Comments:

Negative Ponygirl2
Weatherford, TX
October 24, 2013
Posted on October 24, 2013, updated October 24, 2013
I placed an order for 15 pkgs. of Marvel Of Peru Four O'Clock seeds from this company back on July 29, 2013. Today is Oct. 24, 2013. I have sent them 5 emails inquiring on the status of my order (very nicely worded to them)...to date, I have not received any response from them what so ever! I sent the emails to BOTH of their email addresses...no response! I have now gone as far as to file a dispute with PayPal, but according to PayPal, my order is not covered by their policy...whatever THAT means! Great for them...BAD for me! I will NEVER order from Millington Seed again, apparently all they want is your money. Buyer beware ! The worst customer service ever! I don't expect to ever see my seeds arrive, much less a simple email from them apologizing for their lack of interest or concern for me as a trusting customer.
On October 24th, 2013, Ponygirl2 added the following:

I am so infuriated with this company, that I just sent them an email thru this site, telling them to keep my seeds (and of course they already have my money)..and told them they know "where they can put them". Steer clear of this company! NEVER AGAIN !!!!
Negative Gardner9999
Owasso, OK
September 19, 2013
Posted on September 3, 2013, updated September 19, 2013
Posted on August 21, 2013, updated September 3, 2013
I ordered seeds from Millington Seed Co on August 8, 2013. Today is 8/21/2013 and I have yet to receive anything from them. I received an email from Pay Pal stating my credit card had been charged with the items ordered and shipping charges. It also contained a receipt number. I sent an email to Millington Seed Co. with the information and I am still waiting. Needless to say, I will never again order anything from Millington Seed Co. I strongly urge others to take heed.
On September 3rd, 2013, Gardner9999 added the following:

Update 9/3/2013: I have still not received my order from Millington Seed Co. I have sent two emails and no response. I guess I will have to accept they took my money but sent nothing. Do not order from this ripoff company.
On September 19th, 2013, Gardner9999 added the following:

After my third email, which included a request for my money back and some name calling, I finally received my seeds today. I never received any replies to my emails. I will not order from them again due to very poor customer service.
Negative grannieannie2
Newark
United States
January 12, 2013
Last year (2012) I ordered many items and MANY came NOT looking as described.

1. Red morning glories (Scarlet O Hara) were dark purple and hardly showed up on the trellis. Major disappointment

2. Dwarf sunflowers which I planted in a tub in full sun grew over 6 feet tall and were totally ugly and certainly not dwarf

3. Snapdragon "Northern Lights" described as having "vigorous strong stems" and pictured with big flowers, instead had tiny flowers the size of my little fingernail on stems like strings. They happened to look cute but not what I had planned and were so small you had to be on top of them to see them.
4. Hummingbird Butterfly Mix I thankfully grew in pots because some very noxious big weeds, some with thorns, and weeds I've never seen in these parts grew from those seeds!! I was so disgusted that a company would have such bad quality control or be downright untruthful.
Negative Kris_A
Hemphill, TX
September 17, 2011
I placed an on-line order on Sep 8, 2011; ordered 11 packets of seeds totalling $21.00; company will ship free anything over $20.00; add extra 2.95 to get seeds in 3-5 business days! I was charged shipping and handling and as of 17 of September 2011 I have not received my packets. I tracked the shipment to find that they did not even place the order to be shipped until the 15 of September. I have written two e-mails to the company and have not received any response. The shipment is suppose to arrive now on the 19 of September. Feel that their offer of free shipping for over $20.00 order was false as well as taking my extra $3.00 and failed to ship in 3-5 business days. Would not give them any good comments at this point! Poor service on both delivery and customer service!
Neutral JuliaNY
Dundee, NY
July 28, 2011
Posted on April 29, 2011, updated July 28, 2011
Ordered 8 packets of seeds on April 22 received them on April 28. All items received are well packaged. One exception is one of the seeds I ordered was out of stock so they substituted another which was close to the variety I selected( One variety of poppy for another variety of poppy). Probably they should have asked before substituting but overall still a positive experience. They sent extra packets of Hummingbird Variety seed which was a nice gesture and also another packet of seeds. Would definitely buy from them again.
On July 28th, 2011, JuliaNY changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I thought to follow-up on my original post to add additional information.
Now that the seeds are starting to bloom, I've found an issue with one so far. I order Scarlett O'Hara morning glory seeds. Now that the MG is blooming, I've found that it is not what I ordered.
I contacted Millington Seed Co and included a photo of the MG that bloomed to see if they could advise me as to what it actually was. No response.
I finally found out by posting a picture on one of the garden forums that what Millington Seed Co had sent was Grandpa Ott's. A beautiful bloom but not what I was hoping to have.
I've changed my rating to neutral since the Customer Service side of the company has not responded. I'm now awaiting to see if the other seeds they sent will bloom true to name.
Negative tinimite
Huntsville, TX
May 29, 2010
After placing an order with this company it took nine days and several emails, without answers, to get them to send my order. Needless to say, I won't be using them anymore.
Positive duddly42
Farmington, MI
May 17, 2010
Ordered approximately 8 or 9 various vegetable seeds and couldn't be more pleased with the robustness of grown I got. My seed germination was very close to 100%, better then Millington Seed's own germination percentage ratings. Very nicely packaged, I like the nice printed out seed labels which are handy for stapling to my flats. I was a little worried on the delivery but they made it here just in time, this would be my only concern with them, make no mistake however, I would still recommend them over any seed supplier for sure. My only other wish would be that they carry Green Bell Pepper Seeds. I had to purchase another known brand and their seed quality isn't like it used to be, you get sickly plants or no plants at all. I will be staying with Millington!
Positive LLCOUTY
Hagerman, NM
May 17, 2007
I gave this company a bad time because the seeds took a little time to get to me, (I am ashamed esp. since shipping was free) But still Vicki was tolerent of my rudnest, refunded my money, and the seeds came in the day after all that. And they were nicely packaged and beautiful seeds. So sorry Vicki.... I recommend this company, just don`t be an *&&%%^ like I was
Neutral beccalynn
Temple, GA
March 18, 2007
Very nice packages! The seeds are clean and look as if there arenít any broken or damaged seeds. They came in small reusable ziplock bags. I like these because some seeds like radishes and lettuce I plant every week during planting season and the seeds seal back up easily. Good growing instructions and most had a picture. I love this time of year. :)

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that companies cannot publish reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate their rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "cinndergirl" and "flamnhmroid" and has been changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.
Neutral flamnhmroid
Katy, TX
February 1, 2007
Nice and easy to get around. They have a very large variety of vegetable seeds, flowers and herbs too. I received free shipping, got 3 free packets of hummingbird butterfly mix and was entered into a contest to win 50 free seed packs. I will follow up after planting my seeds. So far a great experience.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that companies cannot publish reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate their rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "cinndergirl" and "beccalynn" and has been changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.
Neutral cinndergirl
Flint, MI
February 8, 2006
Nice clean seeds and real attractive packaging. My order arrived really fast too. I canít wait to grow them. I received free shipping and got a free packet of hummingbird butterfly mix.
On April 16th, 2006, cinndergirl added the following:

We started most of our seeds in flats. Got great germination results. Our plants all look nice and healthy. Canít wait to get them in the garden. I highly recommend http://www.millingtonseed.com
On February 1st, 2007, cinndergirl added the following:

They are having a contest to win 50 packets of seeds. You get to pick the 50 packs even. You have to make a 5 pack purchase to be entered in the contest. The prices are good. My 5 packs cost $6.95 with free shipping and a free packet of hummingbird butterfly mix. I got my seeds really fast year and they were all clean and had good germination.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors...

It is the policy of the Watchdog that companies cannot publish reviews under different usernames in order to manipulate their rating. The rating of this comment was written by the same user who posed as "beccalynn" and "flamnhmroid" and has been changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.
Positive Chevere33
Plymouth, IN
March 13, 2005
Seeds were shipped promptly and germinated very quickly--at least the Giant Sunflower that my son planted. It popped through the soil four days after planting! Also, seeds were packaged in nice little paper envelopes, too. Would definitely recommend this company.