The scoop on 'T's Flowers & Things'

2981 N. 925 W., Apt. 2
Delphi, Indiana 46923 (United States)

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Negative kattem
Custer, WA
March 19, 2015
Posted on March 15, 2015, updated March 19, 2015

I purchased over $100.00 of irises from Teresa Daly from T\'s Flowers and Things last spring, paid immediately with paypal and after having just moved and some grumbling from the seller about accepting paypal we worked out my address change which entailed Teresa Daly having to refund my payment and me reissuing payment.

When it came time to ship she sent notice it was on its way and should arrive within 2-3 days priority mail, which would have been Wednesday, Thursday latest by Saturday it still had not arrived and I emailed her. She said she knew where it was and would get it to me. However, she didn\'t tell me that she had sent the package to my old(wrong) address and that it was sitting at the post office almost a week before it was sent back to her.

She sent me a lengthy email stating she just didn\'t have time for this, she was just too busy and basically couldn\'t be bothered. She wanted to refund my payment and be done with it. Not once did she apologize for her screw up or say she would fulfill her obligation and send me fresh rhizomes, many of which her catalog stated where in stock.

I insisted she send my my order and she eventually did, the ones that had been sitting in an unventilated box(every rhizome order I received has had holes poked in the box)for almost 3 weeks. I planted them, having gardened for decades, owned my own retail garden shop and have experience growing irises and assumed they would be okay after taking a few planting precautions.

This spring all but 5 had died and those are questionable.

I wrote her, again, she basically says tough luck, and that she had offered to refund and her refund policy does not cover it.

When I pointed out that it was her error to begin with by sending the order to the wrong address, well, she still has not responded and that was 2 weeks ago.

I have been selling online for 15 years, owned my own brick and mortar shops and have never experienced such irresponsible, unprofessional behavior as I have from Teresa Daly from T\'s Flowers and Things.

On March 19th, 2015, kattem added the following:

Sharpshooter
Skating Party
Strozzapreti
Sweet Musette
With Afternoon Delight soon to follow.
All my irises are planted in new raised beds with excellent local soil. I purchased over 600 irises last year, hers was the only order with this degree of loss(total). I lost none to one or two at most from the other 14 orders. In fact the one order that UPS failed to deliver the grower not only sent the failed to deliver rhizomes back but dug another set of fresh ones and they are all doing beautifully and the box was ventilated.
We had a cool winter with only one freeze, spring has been beautiful here in the PNW.
The $ loss I can deal with, it was her irresponsible attitude and lack of concern for the loss of a season of growth and that she refused to accept responsibility for sending to the wrong address after we discussed it repeatedly and took steps to remedy the incorrect address, that and not sending fresh rhizomes. Oh well, I always let everyone know my experience with her and I know a lot of growers and buyers in the business.

Company representative comment on March 15, 2015:
On Mar 15, 2015 1:49 PM, T\'s Flowers & Things responded with:

Yes, first of all, I did ship the order to the wrong address, going from Indiana to Washington. And though I didn't save those email communications, if I did not apologize for that, I'm very sorry. However, this was a legitimate mistake in that this person who knows very much about PayPal and how it works, and had been selling online for 15 years, failed to update their PayPal address to their new address (which I consider to have been the beginning of the problem.) Before I realized that the addresses did not match, I had already printed the packing list information and shipping label with the *old* address, which was the address on the first PayPal payment. At that point, I emailed this person and advised that I was going to have to ship to the address on the PayPal payment; - - where if you do not ship to the address on the PayPal payment, the person can say they never received the shipment (even if they did at some prior address), then PayPal will automatically refund that person the money if you didn't ship to the address on the payment. The paper work and label got set aside after the original PayPal payment had been refunded and a new PayPal payment came through with the correct address. Then at shipping time, trying to get all my Iris orders dug, washed and shipped, including hers, I failed to change the address on the packing list and shipping label to the correct address, picking up the old paper work.

And yes, I was very very busy. Once I had shipped to the incorrect address, that the Iris rhizomes had sat in the box for that time, and until being returned to me, yes, I did NOT want to ship them again. An indication was made (just recently) by this person that I should have dug new and fresh rhizomes ... well I didn't have many of those still available on the order. And yes, once I realized this, I VERY much wanted to issue a full refund because the Iris weren't in the same fresh condition as they had been, and this person could have re-ordered the next year had they chose.

And even though I advised this person that some of the Iris had been damaged in return shipping, she still INSISTED that I re-ship, instead of refund. And at this point she knew that they had been in the box for several days, that a few had broken foliage (I even emailed photos), and she still insisted that I re-ship, and no indication was made at that time that I should dig new and fresh rhizomes (which I didn't have).

Did we have a rough enough winter, with standing water, freezing water, enough to kill rhizomes? I do think the winter could be part of the problem based on the location the rhizomes were planted. However, I have Iris rhizomes which were left laying on the top of the ground, some still laying in my greenhouse ... and they are alive. Perhaps the rhizomes were killed by winter, or perhaps this person just wanted to post a negative here, because of the way I handled the transaction, which was not satisfactory to her.

For all of you reading here, please keep in mind, YES, I do have a work load. But I try my best to offer the best I have at reasonable prices, sufficient communication, and timely shipping.

Positive LanfrancoLeo
Harrisburg, PA
February 10, 2015
Posted on February 9, 2015, updated February 10, 2015
Posted on November 12, 2013, updated February 9, 2015
Is one of the best on-line seed seller company that I ever contacted!! Delivery is fast, price totally affordable. The owner of the company, Teresa, is who will respond on you e-mail , ALWAYS gentle and professional. I bought a good amount of seeds early this year (January 2013) and all my garden was an explosion of flowers, despite this was my very first year of serious gardening....I will order again definitively!!
On February 9th, 2015, LanfrancoLeo changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Update 2014-2015 season:
Since the unbeatable price I ordered some more items from this company,more confident than the previous year since the incredible results. This time it didn`t go exactly well:
I ordered 4 differents (seed) species:
Caryopterisblue mith , Agastache foeniculum, Digitalis and Lobelia (syphilitica and Cardinalis).
Only the digitalis(foxglove) germinate...The condition of germination were practically perfect, temperature between 50-60 degree and the right light setting....Other seeds form other company made very easily...Now I understood that some species (eg lobelia) are not easy to germinate (e.g lobelia), but for the Agastache is just not the case...I ordered exactly the same species to another company,and it did germinate at lower temperature (50s) in just 8 days...I have for this purpose mixed feeling in regard...Since the large selection , my previus experience and price I will give another chance next year, but for this year, although I feel bas I have to change positive to neutral
On February 10th, 2015, LanfrancoLeo changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I immediately received an e-mail from Teresa trying to figured out how and why the seeds did not germinate. Thing that I really appreciated, I realized that at least for caryopteris the problem could had been the very, very , dry storage for 6 month in my place.We are trying to figured out the rest. I have to say she immediately offered a reimbursement and she really care about her customer. The chat make me confident that when I will order again to Teresa there will be a person available to understand and figured out a reasonable solution to make both happy at the and of the order. As I told before I will order some more seeds in the near future , and hopefully I will have the wonderful experience that I had with my first order.
Positive judyinmound
Mound, MN
September 12, 2014
I was so excited to find T's site with a good variety of $1 packets and daylily seeds. After seeing the positive reviews, I ordered a few packets of seeds and daylily seeds. I'm very excited to try growing daylilies from seed. Good shipping time and packaging. They came in coin envelopes with planting information printed on the labels. Thanks.
Positive JenniferRuth
San Diego, CA (Zone 10b)
June 20, 2014
I am very pleased with this company. Almost all the seeds (except iris and daylily) are $1 a packet. So even with a limited budget, I was able to buy many kinds. In addition, she carries the little glassine envelopes (like waxed paper) that are so useful for very small seeds—and those are 15 for $1. So I feel that I really got a lot for my money, and the service was excellent too.

I ordered online June 10, 2014 and mailed my money order the next day. Teresa emailed me right away to let me know that all the seeds I ordered were in stock. My order came on June 19. That’s excellent turnaround time, especially since I’m in California and she’s in Indiana.

The seeds are packaged in little manila envelopes with detailed labels. They list whether the variety needs sun or shade, how tall it gets, etc., and in addition they give detailed instructions on how to germinate the seeds. Most of the labels also include a photo. She even wrote a little note of extra advice on a couple of the packets. I will order again!
Positive GreenandGrowing7
Marcola, OR
September 16, 2013
I recently ordered some iris from the large list of varieties T's Flowers & Things offers for sale. Teresa answered my emails promptly and went out of her way to keep me updated about when my iris were shipping out. The iris rhizomes I received were large and very healthy and she even included bonus rhizomes for me. Her prices are very reasonable and she has a number of iris varieties that are hard to find anywhere else. I plan on ordering more iris from her again in the future and highly recommend this nursery.
Positive absinthe27
Albertville, MN (Zone 4b)
August 29, 2013
Great experience with this company. Huge variety of choices, and I love that all of the seeds are $1 per pack and the shipping is really reasonable. Ordered online on 8/21 and mailed a check, and I already received the seeds today on 8/29. Will definitely be ordering again in the future.
Positive grillagardnr
Rochester, NY
May 28, 2013
T's flowers took me from being blase' about iris to a true believer. They may only bloom a week or two, but oh what a week! I can't walk outside without marveling at them.

I wound up at her shop to locate a traditional favorite that I saw at someone's home, and wound up with half a dozen incredibly beautiful, stunning even, other varities.
Every year I come back and am shocked she is still selling them for such incredible prices. All the brochures I get from gardening companies have less than 1/10th the variety and are charging three times as much.

Only one complaint - I wish she would send out invitations when she posts the avavable stock each summer. I want to be camping out to be at the head of the line.

Positive jvw
Clinton Township, MI (Zone 6a)
January 24, 2013
First time ordering from T's. GREAT experience. Next year I will allocate more of my seed budget here. Just found out about them last week.
Positive pinusresinosa
North Branch, MN
December 12, 2012
I've ordered from T's several times. You can't beat the prices, but the best thing about T's is her immense selection of ornamentals and her great service. Everything I've gotten from Theresa has germinated well and been true to description.

Positive homerduck
Middleburg, FL
September 11, 2012
I ordered from T's twice - 10 daylily double fans each time. They arrived in great shape. T's has answered many of my emailed questions just out of the goodness of her heart! I will defintely do business with her again and again. She even refunded a portion of my shipping charges when she was able to fit all the plants in a smaller box.
Positive pdsavage
Tina, MO
July 24, 2012
Ordered seeds from her and will be ordering more.Great communication even replaced some out of stock seeds with better seeds.
Positive springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA
January 25, 2012
Love this company! I have only bought seeds from her. The communication is great and everything is packaged perfect. Wish there was more than a positive rating!
Thanks Teresa
Positive mgat
Brookpark, OH
November 19, 2011
Ordered Lisianthus - Blue Rim & Carmine, both established very good root systems came out wonderful. I wanted to ask if you have any Princess lily bulbs.
Positive cjshields
Summerville, GA
March 14, 2011
Exellent customer service, very quick response to emails, quick shipping, and everything arrived in great condition, with detailed instructions printed on the envelope...... I can not find one bad thing to say about this company... wish I could do all of my seed shopping with T's!!!!!
Neutral SAD_TO_SAY
North Olmsted, OH
March 13, 2011
I do not want to give a negative rating, so it will be a neutral one. My experience with T's flowers was not a good. I did not receive the correct order and contacted the company. Customer service was not helpful in my case. The prices may be good, but I will not shop here again.
Company representative comment on March 13, 2011:
On Mar 13, 2011 2:33 PM, T's Flowers & Things responded with:

This post does not seem correct (or it makes me feel as if someone is being deceptive). I do not have a customer that I have shipped to in North Olmstead, Ohio. I ask that this person please post their Order # so that I may post a proper rebuttal. Because over the past months (I should say years), the only customer that was unsatisfied, that order was shipped to Florida. If this is one and the same, since that is the ONLY person that has emailed me with a possible problem, then I still believe I gave excellent customer service as I always try my best to do, answering emails right away and correcting any mistakes that I may have made. The person in the situation I am thinking indicated that they had ordered a certain seed item, which they did *not*, and that is provable, and I shipped exactly what they ordered. I have saved all copies of email communications both ways which I will be glad to post for any/all to see, as well as posting a copy of the shopping cart order that the customer placed through my website. Based on my prices, I cannot afford to ship items free of charge that are by *customer mistake*. I did however, offer to ship this person the seeds that they did *not* order, by ordinary mail so that my cost would be minimal, yet hoping the customer would be satisifed, or in hopes that perhaps the customer would even offer to pay for the seeds that they had not ordered. [Shipping by ordinary mail with bubble mailer, sometimes even with bubble mailer, seeds could get crushed by the postal machines.] But this did not satisfy the person and they indicated that my email was insulting and that I was disrespectful. I emailed and apologized even for this, when I do *not* feel my emails were insulting or disrespectful and again, I will be glad to post them for all to see and make judgment.

Positive BeautifulDahlia
Middleport, NY
October 19, 2010
I have ordered 3 times from T's and will continue to get my seeds here. Service is excellent, shipping is fast. THANKYOU for the excellent labels placed on each packet!!!!! Everything you need to know is on that label, better than a lot of the larger retail seed companies! Plus they look very nice in my garden log/scrapbook!!!!! Thank you for such great service!
Positive jimnwendy
Arlington, WA
September 22, 2010
UNBELIEVABLE!! This was my first order and experience with T's and it will most certainly NOT be my last. I ordered 3 daylilies from her, two of which I had been looking for for some time. They were clearly dug, pkgd and shipped almost immediately - she even sent me an email telling me they had been shipped the day before and I should see them the following day! When I opened the box, I realized the box was practically bulging from the HUGE size of the plants she had sent. Many growers send double fans and they can be kind of 'wimpy' by the time you get them. Not with T's! She sent 3 and 4 fan plants and the greenery on them was still firm and upright. AND, on top of the great plants, she included 3 seedlings with parentages noted. Some folks include a bonus plant. She included 3 and they were from great crosses!! I can hardly wait for next summer to see what they actually look like when they bloom!! Thanks T's - You'll be getting plenty of business from me in the future. It is almost impossible to find this kind of customer service in this world anymore. I found it HERE!!!
Positive annielaurie
Viroqua, WI
August 21, 2010
I just received my first order from this company and am VERY pleased. The plants are all what I ordered, healthy, and had been packed with extreme care, and all of it very reasonably priced; she even added some freebies. I have exchanged several emails with Teresa, the owner/grower, and all of those contacts have been positive and helpful. I will definitely order from her again.
Positive Kimmer58
Mason, MI
July 15, 2010
Prompt shipping, kind and courteous individual to work with. Teresa has very fair prices and the shipping is unbeatable! She was out of a certain seed, refunded the $ and then a seedling was out so she substituted with 2 others. More than fair and I received an explanation about the refund and the substitution. She was having a double sale and it was the next week when I inquired . . she gave it to me early!
Most importantly I received great customer service . . which in any industry seems to be very lacking nowadays. Not here Teresa was EXCELLENT! I highly recommend her services, product and website. Thank you so very much Teresa for the positive experience!
Positive dbunnee
Youngstown, OH
July 12, 2010
I've ordered seeds from Theresa several times over the last five years or so. The orders are delivered promptly and I just couldn't be more pleased with her service. Please check out the website and the plans for the plant stand. At a dollar a pack, this site is a great place for both the budding gardener who wants to try several plants and the more experienced gardener who is looking for something not readily found elsewhere.
Positive sdube60
Charlton, MA
May 12, 2010
I ordered sevearl plants this spring, some seedling, some small pots. All are healthy and growing well. One plant was not available potted so two bareroost were shipped instead. Both are growing nicely. Theresa answered all of my emails in a professional, courteous manner. I would not hesitate to order more plants from this outstanding company.
Positive drlith
Lanham, MD
May 1, 2010
I'd ordered seeds a few years ago and had no problems. This year I've been really busy and decided to order live plants. Everything was shipped very quickly, carefully packed, and looks just fantastic. I have no doubt that if I do my due diligence about siting everything correctly, these plants will do well for me. She's got a great, interesting selection for a small operation, but the best thing is getting first-class, personal service for such affordable prices.
Positive herd33
Youngsville, NC
February 7, 2010
I recently placed an order with T's. The seeds arrived quickly, were well packed, and included plenty of information. I will no doubt be ordering from T's again in the future!
Positive boppa
Ashtabula, OH
January 28, 2010
My first order from T's was in mid-2009 when I found that she had strawberry plants available for autumn planting. All were reasonably healthy plants which were shipped timely; they established good root systems before going dormant for winter. I ordered some seeds this year for varieties that I didn't find elsewhere. I look forward to future orders.
Positive JMKM1976
Hornell, NY
June 12, 2009
I ordered 8 packages of seeds, 3 types of hollyhocks (that I couldn't find elsewhere) 2 types of butterfly bush, 2 types of mulva and a packet of mixed bonnet type columbine.

I recieved the order within 3 days of placing it and planted everything except the columbine the day after the seeds arrived, I put the columbine in the freezer for the 5 to 7 day freeze as mentioned on the seed packet.

It's still too early to report on germination rates... but so far, the service has been great.
Positive elle006
Hillsborough, NC
February 20, 2009
Excellent communication, Service and Fast shipping- I especially like that there are printed labels on the seed packets with planting info.
Good prices, plan to order from again!!!
Positive DEMinPA
Selinsgrove, PA (Zone 5b)
February 19, 2009
I placed my first order with T's Flowers and Things. I received it four days later. Great communication and great service. I will surely place more orders in the future.

Don (DEMinPA)
Positive botanica37
Oakton, VA (Zone 7a)
December 21, 2008
I've ordered daylily seeds from Teresa several times and every time I get an excellent germination and beautiful plants. Her prices are great and thanks to her, I get to have daylilies that otherwise I would have hard time affording. My new house has no daylilies whatsoever, so I am back for more seeds and varieties. I can't recommend her enough, everything has arrived on time, in excellent condition and with good instructions.
Positive bfmom
Broken Arrow, OK
October 23, 2008
I was excited to find T's website and the selection of seeds and plants. I placed an order and selected to make payment by check. I sent my check in promptly, but did not receive the order. After 2 weeks had passed, I emailed asking when I might expect shipment. I received a reponse that payment had not been received. I contacted my bank to see if the check had been received and paid. It had. When I called Teresa, she told I needed to send a copy of the cancelled check to show that I had actually paid for the order and that she had actually endorsed it. I checked online and found a copy of the check endorsed by Teresa. I received a phone call from Teresa. She had finally found something to indicate that she might have cashed my check. I told her I was disappointed in the way this matter was handled. I will be watching for a refund in the mail.
On October 25th, 2008, bfmom changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Teresa sent my check back and included some seed packets. I appreciate her thoughtfulness and the note she included. Sometimes first impressions can be proven wrong. I am glad to know that I was dealing with a caring individual who sought to make amends. Next time I will not post so hastily.

Since she has some wonderful BF host plants and good values, I will try again next spring.

Company representative comment on October 23, 2008:

On Oct 22, 2008 10:40 PM, T's Flowers & Things added:

I suppose I deserve this. I did make a mistake. I apologized to Sandra and told her I'd send a refund immediately, and the soonest I can do that is tomorrow. I don't have foolproof methods, and I am prone to a mistake once in a while, especially with the work load I have. So yes, if you are concerned about an individually owned and operated business...from top to bottom.. by a person who might make a mistake, then it's not wise to order from me.

But I do my very best, at the utmost speed, to correct any mistake I might make. I do not cheat or defraud people, and I try to give the best possible service and product I can.

It is just sad to me that one is so quick to post a negative, but yet has never made any positive posts...and that within 15 minutes of our phone conversation where I indicated I would send a refund immediately.

Positive krodero
Avon, CT
July 7, 2008
I love T's! Have ordered a number of times, both seed and now plants. Excellent quality, excellent prices, and fabulous customer service. As long as she's sellin', I'm buyin'.
Company representative comment on July 7, 2008:

On Jul 7, 2008 9:03 AM, T's Flowers & Things added:

Thank you!

Positive mom2goldens
Carmel, IN (Zone 5b)
May 16, 2008
I've ordered both seeds and plants from this company over the past 2 years. Communication is excellent from ordering through shipping. Seeds shipped promptly, and plants at appropriate planting time. Prices are excellent, and I've been able to find some plants that are unavailable from many other sources. Everything I've ordered has done very well in my garden. I am amazed at what an excellent job Theresa does, and I will continue to order from her in the future.
Company representative comment on July 7, 2008:

On Jul 7, 2008 9:03 AM, T's Flowers & Things added:

Thank you!

Positive azreno
Mesa, AZ (Zone 9b)
February 15, 2008
Ordered seeds, I couldn't believe how quickly they got here.
Positive Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC (Zone 7b)
February 7, 2008
Order was delivered as ordered, neatly packaged with directions on the packets. Shipping was very prompt, and I'd happily order again
Positive beckilove
Pella, IA
January 29, 2008
I ordered severel packets of seeds from T's. I was incredibly impressed with the service she gave! I had placed several orders, with various venders, over the course of a few weeks, and though hers was the last order I placed, it was the first to arrive! Incredible! Free shipping, great seeds, fast delivery, what more can you ask for???
Positive cannaqueen
Mantua, OH (Zone 5a)
October 26, 2007
I sent a small order into this company and received my seeds
promptly......Seed packets were in paper envelope with a small picture and directions....no germination rate listed, but
I think thats hard to determine unless you're a big company
that can do trials and research....I have never planted these
seeds before, but did do lots of research on them......we shall see......thanks for being prompt......M.Starcher
Positive Valiche
Roselle, NJ (Zone 6b)
October 24, 2007
I placed an order a while ago but just getting around to commenting. I placed an order with T's Garden. It was like going to a friend to get some seeds. The experience was very personal. I received my order timely and in great condition. I visit the site often to see if any of the items that I wanted that were unavailable are now available.
Positive jessmerritt
(Zone 7b)
July 13, 2007
I recently placed and recieved an order with this company and am pleased. Teresa was very communicative and the plants were a great price. They were smaller plants in 4 inch pots, but with completely healthy root systems. Larger plants of the same varieties would have cost much, much more anywhere else. I will definitely purchase again, as she has some great deals on iris and I look forward to trying those out.
Positive Texas_Doodlebug
Central Texas, TX (Zone 8a)
May 2, 2007
I ordered from Teresa in 2005. Each of the irises have now bloomed and they were true to name. Not only did they bloom but they were wonderful. I would definitely purchase from her again.
Positive pennefeather
McLean, VA (Zone 6b)
April 25, 2007
Theresa was very responsive to my emails. Although it was evening when I first began communicating, she got back to me within a half hour.

I purchased three echinacea Razzmatazz, at a much lower price from her. I received an email confirming the order, one to let me know when it would be sent, and another when it actually was sent. I received my order the next day and in good condition. Frankly, I'm amazed that one person could offer so much, and at such good prices.

I will definitely consider her again.
Positive britja01
Berne, IN
March 10, 2007
The seeds that I ordered came nicely packaged and arrived very fast. When I emailed Teresa with a question, the reply came within an hour and was very helpful. Very affordable and nice to deal with. Look forward to more business in the future.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]