The scoop on 'Fogbelt Growers'

Fogbelt Growers

5096 Dows Prairie Rd.
McKinleyville, California 95519 (United States)

Editor's Comment:
Closed December 2007. Per a note from William and Deborah Weigle, owners of Fogbelt Growers: "We have for past 2 years neither maintained a web presence nor are engaged in a mail order business of any kind."

Comments:

Positive SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN (Zone 5b)
December 1, 2005
This company has some of the fastest response and shipping I have ever seen. I ordered 24 Lilium Futura bulbs ( no one else seemed to have them this fall, and I found these guys through a web search). Ordered on Sunday last weekend and the bulbs showed up today. They are very large and appear very healthy. I'll be planting them this weekend, and am looking forward to the results next summer as this is probably my favorite lily and it can be difficult to find during the fall. I'm impressed.
Positive Nancy_Wyoming
Kaycee, WY
May 1, 2005
This is the second year I have ordered from Fogbelt. Of necessity, I have had to order late in Spring when other companies are sending out their last available stock, often shriveled or puny. Fogbelt's lily bulbs have been robust, weighty, fresh and crispy, and this year they were HUGE, some the size of baseballs (even the Asiatics were the largest I've ever seen.) The ones I planted last year returned strongly, including the Orientals in our zone 3 climate with alkaline soils. I am happy and grateful to find producers and shippers of such wonderful bulbs this late in the season. They are speedy, too!
Positive feministg
Iowa City, IA
January 5, 2005
I too was extraordinarily impressed with the size and quality of the bulbs I ordered--whoppers all and very fresh. I had expressed some concern by email about being a first-time orderer and ordering so profligately, and received a return email saying they'd have no trouble filling my order. When it came, it included a neat handwritten note saying they'd been unable to provide one variety of lily, as the bulbs were "too small" (meaning ordinary size, if the ones they sent are their standard!). So they were substituting a similar variety (OK by me) plus an additional pkg of 3 bulbs as a freebie. We're having a bad winter, and if these lilies don't survive, it won't be Fogbelt's fault!
Positive DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC (Zone 9a)
November 6, 2004
Truly AWESOME! I would give a higher rating if one existed! Without exception the LARGEST, HEALTHIEST, and FRESHEST lily bulbs I have ever seen!!! The smallest bulbs I received were as much as 4x the size (volume, not diameter) of lily bulbs I had purchased elsewhere. (I was actually planting bulbs from 6 vendors at the same time so comparison was easy.) The average bulb from this vendor was the size of my palm. Many were doubles (2 bulbs joined) that spanned 5-6".

I will look forward to ordering from this vendor again!
Positive Gardol
Harrison, OH
May 17, 2004
I placed an order for 12 Ornamental Lily bulbs (4 varieties) and this company responded promptly. They got everything right, and my order was shipped and received within the same week. I received the bulbs on a Friday and wasn't going to be able to plant them until Sunday - I sent an SOS message to the company late on Friday asking what I should do with the bulbs until I could plant them, not expecting to hear from them right away. Within the hour they had responded to me, telling me what to do with them and where to keep them until planting. I was VERY impressed with their timeliness!! The bulbs were in great condition when I planted them and I'm looking forward to seeing the plants when they emerge. I would recommended Fogbelt Growers to anyone and plan to order from them again.