The scoop on 'Graceful Gardens'

Graceful Gardens

Mecklenburg, New York 14863 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive clpgirl
Chippewa Lake, OH (Zone 5b)
June 9, 2014
Posted on April 20, 2012, updated June 9, 2014
Posted on June 5, 2009, updated April 20, 2012
I want to give Graceful Gardens more than 5 stars!! After reading the feedback on DG, I placed an order for three trays. Everything was perfect! Shipping was rapid, plants were extremely well-packed, and several were the size of $9.95 plants at my local nursery. I am delighted. I had no intention of planting hollyhocks-I'm landscaping with perennials- but theirs looked so beautiful I couldn't resist, and I received very large, healthy plants. My only disappointment was that I didn't find them sooner this year to purchase my annuals!
I will be ordering EARLY next year! Thanks DGer's for the great info about Graceful Gardens!
On April 20th, 2012, clpgirl added the following:

Another awesome spring delivery from GG!! This is my third year purchasing from them and their perennials and annuals have ALWAYS been the stand-outs in my garden.
I am consistently delighted with the beautiful delphiniums-they withstood terrible winds this past winter (I live on a lakefront) and did beautifully.
Each spring I look forward to is searching their beautiful web-site. Opening their very carefully packed boxes (which are delivered very quickly) is like a second Christmas Free shipping an extra plus! Their six pack plants are the size usually found in 4" pots-making this a very cost-effective option.
Due to changes in my schedule, had to change my ship date twice. Amanda's email responses were rapid, pleasant, very accomodating.
Again, FIVE STARS PLUS!! Thanks Graceful Gardens!!
On June 9th, 2014, clpgirl added the following:

After ordering for, I think almost 5 years, I had another 5+star experience this year, and in 2013.
Once again, easy ordering, beautiful, very diverse selection of delphs, perennials, and annuals..once again delivered appropriate time for zone and size of plants going for 3×price at local nurseries and big box stores.
Planted about a month ago-cosmos,zinnias, marigolds blooming profusely, all plants at least tripled in size. THANK YOU again SO MUCH GG!!!!
You remain my first spring shopping destination!!

P S delphs from even five years ago survived our terribly frigid winter this year in Ohio...bought cleome first year-reseeds prolifically every year, giving me plenty to share with others!
Positive Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL (Zone 7b)
May 8, 2014
Posted on April 13, 2006, updated May 8, 2014
Received order today, VERY well packed, even if UPS does not understad the UP arrow thingy!! :) Excellent plants! Looks healthy and ready to plant!
On May 8th, 2014, Bec_No_Va added the following:

I have ordered from them for several years and always very happy with my plants - ordered again this year and due to unfortunate accident on the way the plants were delayed and very wilted on arrival - I tried to revive them, but no go - so Amanda sent my replacements immediately!! Thank you so much!! Love your plants!
Positive MaryTA
Grand Junction, CO
April 17, 2014
I just received my order and am floored at the condition of the plants. They are plants, BTW, not itty bitty starters. They are gorgeous green, some are blooming, and frankly they look far more lush than what I have seen in our local nurseries so far this year. It has been a terrible winter for everyone, and these plants went from New York to Colorado without even flinching. Bravo!
Positive irmaly
boone, NC (Zone 5b)
January 23, 2014
Graceful Gardens is the perfect online nursery. We hold a community plant sale in my county every year and order from GG to take advantage of free shipping for purchases made in January. The plants are AMAZING. They are perfectly packaged and are HUGE, some in bloom. I really like the way you can buy plants too, in four packs of one variety to fill up trays. Selections can be limited at GG but they are diverse and new plant selections are offered each year. My go to for ready made, very healthy plants at a fair price.
Positive NwEnglndGrl
GALES FERRY, CT
May 27, 2013
I am not one to write reviews, but my experience with Graceful Gardens has been so positive that I had to write this. I read many glowing reviews about them prior to ordering, and I have not been disappointed. I was amazed at how well the plants were packed and how beautiful they were. All of my questions were answered immediately and they went above and beyond to make me a more than happy customer. I recommend them highly and will certainly be purchasing from them in the future.
Positive bookreader451
Troy, NY (Zone 5b)
May 22, 2013
Posted on May 22, 2013, updated May 22, 2013
Posted on May 28, 2009, updated May 22, 2013
I couldn't believe the size of the plants I received yesterday. They were by far the best plants I received this year from anywhere. I will be ordering again.
On May 22nd, 2013, bookreader451 added the following:

I placed my third order with Graceful Gardens and once again I received unbelievable healthy plants. They are by far the best mail order perennials I have ever. The customer service is impeccable and the delphinium selection is the best anywhere. Get the word out. This nursery it deserves a place in Dave's Watchdog 30.
On May 22nd, 2013, bookreader451 added the following:

I placed my third order with Graceful Gardens and once again I received unbelievable healthy plants. They are by far the best mail order perennials I have ever received. The customer service is impeccable and the delphinium selection is the best anywhere. Get the word out. This nursery it deserves a place in Dave's Watchdog 30.
Positive roseydew3
West Jefferson, OH
May 24, 2012
GORGEOUS!!!! The plants that were sent to me looked good enough to EAT!!!! They were that PERFECT!!! I ordered on a whim as someone on a gardening forum raved about their products and I am not disappointed at all. Poppies, delphiniums, foxgloves etc. had not even one yellow leaf. Wholeheartedly recommended. :)
Positive jknittel
Hastings-on-Hudson, NY (Zone 6b)
May 17, 2012
Everything people say about how great their plants are is true, the selection is great. Beyond that though they might have the best online shopping experience. This is how others should do business, I doubt I will buy perennials from anyone else.
Positive njjpl
Pequannock, NJ
May 12, 2012
Posted on August 17, 2011, updated May 12, 2012
At the end of each growing season, or nearly at the end, the plants that consistently have grown the best are from Graceful Gardens. Other companies' just can't compare. HIGHLY recommended.
On May 12th, 2012, njjpl added the following:

New gardening season, and the same amazing plants have arrived. Never disappointed by Graceful Gardens.
Positive johnnygalt
Rockford, IL
April 25, 2011
In February of 2010 I placed my first order of 5 flats of annuals and perennials from Graceful Gardens as I was preparing to instal a 75 foot by 5 foot flower bed on the east side of the house. I was stunned when my order arrived--all carefully packed and ready to show off flowers in a matter of days to weeks. I took weekly photos of their progress and was never so impressed with results from mail order--heck never so impressed with even local specialty garden businesses that require no shipping to my home. Not one flower died!

This year I have just placed another order of 4 flats and cannot wait to play in the dirt again. I want to thank them for doing what they do so incredibly well!
Positive rbane
Virginia
United States
August 4, 2010
I was absolutely amazed to see the superlative quality and size of all the plants I ordered. This is a nursery that obviously takes great pride and pain in their metier, and that is immensely admirable.

The plants are doing very well and have been flowering continuously.

I highly recommend them.

Rima Banerjee

Positive Mshadow
Houghton Lake, MI (Zone 4b)
June 22, 2010
My first time ordering from this company, and definitely not my last. Beautiful, healthy plants. The lupines I ordered a few weeks ago are actually blooming now. Delphiniums look great, foxgloves are huge. Next year will order earlier as a few of the plants I wanted were already sold out. I would recommend them without hesitating.
Positive don_12465
Pittsburgh, PA
June 14, 2010
Posted on June 24, 2008, updated June 14, 2010
Raves for Graceful Gardens. My plants were delivered promptly in excellent condition. Everything has prospered. I'm especially enjoying the salpiglossis, not an easy plant to find. I'd recommend GG to everyone.
On June 14th, 2010, don_12465 added the following:

2010 is my third year to order from GG. As always, everything is excellent. Great company!
Positive voyagergreg
Lakeside Marblehead, OH
June 3, 2010
Posted on May 5, 2010, updated June 3, 2010
ordered 3 varities of Nicotina plants, salvia hummingbird mix,marvel of peru four o clocks, snapdragon rocket mix, petunia dreams, & some centaurea jubilee gems... I am just totally AMAZED on how HUGE all these plants are..The salvia -hummingbird mix & petunia dreams already had blooms! The nicotina leaves are huge & so lush looking..
I've ben to many local top notch nurseries & have never seen anything that compares to all these beauties I received!! All plants arrived moist & were packed well w/ peanuts...I did lose a few stems & leaves on the fragrant cloud nicotina as the UPS box was damaged in transit...But after calling & talking to Amanda she said they should be ok & to call back in a few weeks if there were any prob's...

Graceful Gardens is top notch & a true pleasure to order from...I hope other's will check them out & give them a try!!!
On June 3rd, 2010, voyagergreg added the following:

update: June 3
My perfume Nicotinas have ben blooming there tails off in beautiful colors for 2 weeks now...Fragrant cloud & only the lonely nicotina have buds all over & should be opening soon, can't wait to get the smell of them...
The four o clocks seem to be growing slow but are finally showing tiny flower buds...The hummingbird mix both red & white salivas are blooming...The bachelor buttons are the tallest I've ever seen,got my first 2 flowers today w/ many more buds..The rocket snapdragons look healthy but growing slowly & have not seen ANY buds yet..The old fashion petunias are really going to town & look good...
I'm happy all my plants are doing well as I stated my box was badly damaged when it arrived & a few of the fragrant cloud nicotinas had broken stems, but they have rebounded well....I will definitely be ordering again from them next year...Never seen such HUGE ,LUSH , plants arrive thru the mail...
Positive Kent711
Northville, MI
June 3, 2010
I want to share my thoughts about the terrific service and also the terrific plants that I got from Graceful Gardens. I was really impressed with both of them.

While it is unfortunate that the first shipment I received from them was badly damaged in transit, it allowed me to see what a great place Graceful Gardens is to do business with. One of my boxes had been opened and had two packs of plants missing along with the plants in the other six packs, in that box, broken off to the ground with the soil dried out completely. When notified of the problem they immediately offered to replace the plants. When the replacement shipment arrived I was amazed. I had never seen better plants come from any other company.

The combination of getting superb plants when things go right and also having the experience of seeing what a reliable company they are, that really stands behind its products when things go wrong was really impressive. I do not hesitate to recommend Graceful Gardens to anyone as the best place to order from for any of their needs.
Positive petaltothemetal
Mount Jewett, PA
May 13, 2010
WOW!!!!!!! I don't see plants like this in local greenhouses, let alone in a box from UPS!! Usually there's that one plant in a pkg. of 4 that, well, is sort of the runt - smaller, feeble, just not thriving like the others. Not the case here! They're all very large, very healthy, shipping was fast & they arrived neatly packaged - not a single bent or broken leaf or stem - I'm VERY impressed. Some of the plants were a gift for my Mom, & her eyes about popped out when she saw them - she couldn't believe I got them via UPS, she kept looking from the plants to the box & back to the plants again! Post-shipment care instructions were included also. This is a place that not only takes great care with their products, but also their customers. I've been expanding my flowerbeds for years, & for the price, quality, & service, I feel like I've been getting ripped off up until now. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!! WILL DEFINITELY ORDER AGAIN!! THANK YOU, GRACEFUL GARDENS!!!!! =)
Positive lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE (Zone 5b)
May 6, 2010
Some of the nicest plants I've received in the mail. The pot size is not large, but the plants compare in size to the qt. sized one at local nurseries and the price is about a forth of what they'd be there. I'll be ordering again.

Susan
Positive Vanalinda
Lansing, NY
March 5, 2010
Graceful Gardens' plants are fantastic. I have paurchased both annuals and perennials from them over the past 4 years and am about to place my order for 2010. They even have a seperate list of deer resistant plants and since the deer really "own" my property, this is very handy. I do wish they had more plant information on their website/catalog. For example, sun vs. shade, bloom time, soil type, etc.
Positive HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL (Zone 5a)
August 30, 2009
I didn't know what to expect when I first received my first tray from GG in 2008. Boy, Was I surprised! Compared to the other mail order plants I have received these are the best bar none. So in 2009 I went for the three tray deal - Good choice. Amanda, you are the greatest. You shipped me a second tray in 2008 without money in hand. that's unheard of these days. I sing your praise every time I get the chance. I know that at least one of my coworker has ordered plants from GG. I will be there in 2010. Mike Burton.
Positive nangardens
Jamaica, VA
June 10, 2009
Ditto to the positive comments above. The plants are quite an excellent value for the $$ spent. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on my delphs; so far so good (though I have had only middling success in the past). Other items I have grown are doing well; though I've had to intervene to keep the bunnies from eating some plants (hot pepper spray seems to work for that).

Next year I will be ordering sooner!
Positive violethorse
Lake Zurich, IL
June 3, 2009
I love this company! They have super delphinium w/extensive root systems aiding in establishing themselves so that they may return like gangbusters the following year!!! Amanda is the best & her customer service is excellent. I've order 2 yrs in a row from them, refer friends to them, and wood order again. You can't beat their prices. Great reliable plants, great prices, and super customer service. What more could a gardener desire.
Positive Blackbelt_Lizzy
La Grange Park, IL
May 19, 2009
Wow! I was very impressed with both the plants and especillay the service from Graceful Gardens. Amanda is wonderful. I will definitely order from them again. The plants are a super value for the price and they are growing well already.
Positive turtlefuns
Woburn, MA
May 15, 2009
WOW! good sized plants, great customer care, shipping was right on time and I AM IMPRESSED! will shop with these guys again and again! many thanks!!!!!
Positive Pupula
Greenwich, CT
April 16, 2009
There is no better nursery out there for Delphs. I am writing to report that evey delph I bought from them survived the winter and is doing well this year. Their plants are lush, beautiful specimens. You can tell that they simply pamper every one of them before they send them to you. This year I contacted Amanda because I couldn't find my order and I didn't want to overbuy at my local nursery, she found it within minutes and emailed me back! UNBELIEVABLE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! And get this when I noticed on my order I had already bought some Jacob's Ladder from my local nursery she changed my order to accomodate a different variety of plant immediately, she is amazing! I love this company and look forward to ordering from them every year. Thanks so much Graceful Gardens, keep up the fabulous work!
Positive Riverbirch12
Lancaster, VA
July 9, 2008
I cannot say enough about this company. I have bought for several years now and their product is way above average. The customer service is, you known, the way things used to be. Amanda is just wonderful.

I am a delphinium freak. I have wanted to grow delphiniums the first time I saw them. Try as I might, I just could not keep them alive. My first tenative try with the dels at GG was okay. My second try (uh, after I read their very easy instructions) was absolutely fantastic. Everything else in my garden could have died, and I still would have been a happy camper.

This is the third year I have tried them from Graceful Gardens both the Giant Pacifics (which are a %$#(* to grow in my experience) and the Dowdwells have done so well that I have had neighbors stop to take pictures. I live in Virginia on the Chesapeake and all the gardeners have said," Delphiniums dont do well here, try larkspur." Well, poohy on them. They do do well, and I have the proof.

Try Graceful Gardens. It is kind of a financial strain to buy in bulk, but believe me you will by happy you did!

Happy Gardener on the Chesy

Positive DHAUSERNY
Elmira, NY
July 5, 2008
Never have I purchased plants of such size, healthfulness, and performing ability! The perennials I ordered last year are all thriving and far ahead of 2nd-year plants purchased elsewhere. And the annuals from this year are so far beyond my expectations that I find it hard to believe! No longer will I have to wait until midseason to enjoy such color. And finally I have found hollihocks and delphiniums that will thrive in my semi-shaded yard.
Positive Twonewfs
Belgium, WI (Zone 5a)
May 22, 2008
I had ordered from GG a few years ago and remember it being a pretty good experience so I'm surprised I didn't leave a review then. Yesterday I got an order I placed in March. WOW. These plants have the topgrowth you'd expect to see in a nursery gallon I think.

I made a mistake on my order and Amanda quickly replied and fixed it. She was incredibly nice and chatty, even though I'm sure it was getting to be a very busy time at the nursery.

GG doesn't have the most unique plants (although they had a cultivar of foxglove that I've been having trouble finding), but what they do have are tried and true classics that should have a place in every garden.

And, oh, while you're buying, just do yourself a favor and buy the three trays. I only got one. Last time I got two. Both times I kicked myself for not buying more.
On May 28th, 2009, Twonewfs added the following:

Ordered again (third time now). The plants were beautiful, the transaction was hassle free and once again I was blown away by the customer service. This place is definitely a favorite of mine.
Positive Sabrina1978
Gibsonburg, OH
May 21, 2008
I too, have had a great experience with Graceful Gardens! I ordered two flats (now I wish I had ordered three, lol) and within three days after arrival I plopped them in the ground. - After being hardened off of course......They all were healthy and had lots of nice white roots.
All of them are doing wonderful!

Amanda is very helpful and gets and A plus for customer service.

I appreciated that the flats came on time, with tracking! Now, off to start planning next year's order.........where else can I stick a bed in????? Hmmmmm..........
Positive delphinelara
Denver, CO
May 4, 2008
For the third year in a row, I was totally happy with my order. Gorgeous plants, healthy, well packed, and right on time. A plus!
Positive quasymoto
Bloomfield, IA (Zone 5b)
April 25, 2008
I have ordered from Amanda and Mark a few times now and I just have to say that with all the plants that I have ever ordered from any company they do the absolute best job in growing and packing and the plants are SO VERY HEALTHY.
I can not tell you how happy I was when I ordered from them. I did have a slight problem with one plant and Amanda made it more than right with me. I am a customer for life and will sing their praises to anyone that asks. The plants are reasonable as far as price and shipping and what you get is going to be beautiful and prosper. The gardens they offer are also fantastic.
There is no little puny pathetic seedling hiding in the box when you open it.
Trust me this is one of the very best companies to order from. You can not go wrong.
Quasymoto....
Positive mollyjenning
Cos Cob, CT
March 12, 2008
Last spring I ordered for the first time from this terrific company. Each plant in all three of the flats were beautiful and healthy. I am about to complete my spring 2008 order with them today (they have a special going until March 15), but I wanted to first share my experience with my garden friends.

What a terrific value the product sold by this company represents! For example, the Digitalis plants I ordered last spring (Camelot series) are currently listed in the White Flower Farm website (very similar size) as selling for $10.95 each. I got a whole flat of these foxgloves from Graceful Gardens for the same price that five or six plants would have cost had I bought them from White Flower Farm!

I should add that these foxgloves are the best I have grown (and I have grown many varieties over the years!) We had over three months of glorious blooms. I found the Alchemilla "thriller" sold by Graceful Gardens to be much more drought resistant than the very thristy ones I have been growing.

I also ordered some annuals which were wonderful as well. I just can't say enough good things about Graceful Gardens.

Positive capemama
Litchfield, CT
February 14, 2008
I love Graceful Gardens!!! The plants are gorgeous, the customer service is superior and prices are the best I've found. They have become my first source for my gardening needs. I highly reccomend them.
Positive SantaFeTrail
Santa Fe, NM
January 19, 2008
The Dowdeswell delphiniums received in May 2007 were strong and healthy and were outstanding performers in my Zone 5 garden. These are delphiniums that are rather difficult to find in my neck of the woods so I was very happy to learn of Graceful Gardens last year. I'm ordering another tray of them for Spring 08 and expanding the order to include other trays of miscellaneous perennials and a few annuals. I'm impressed with their quality, value, and responsiveness to customers. Highly recommended.
Positive careymiller
Westminster, MA (Zone 5b)
June 10, 2007
This year was my first year ordering from Graceful Gardens and they are awesome. Any questions I had, Amanda answered personally - and extremely quickly. I received 3 flats (96 plants!) of beautiful, healthy plants in mid-May and planted them in 1 - 2 weeks after I got them, when it finally stopped raining. Every single plant is thriving! In the past when I've purchased mail order plants, I have never had the entire order survive after planting. Not the case with Graceful Gardens, and you can't beat their prices! I can't wait to order from them again. I highly recommend them!

Positive Cottage_Rose
(Zone 5b)
May 17, 2007
I received my first order from Graceful Gardens and received very nice, big, healthy plants.
I will order from them again and highly recommend.
Positive Hanks_Mom
Sherman, IL
May 7, 2007
I have ordered from this company for the last 3 years....they have the best delphinium selection around. My order is always prompty filled and the plants are of wonderful quality. They are one of my favorite online garden suppliers!
Positive venu209
Jersey Shore, NJ (Zone 7a)
May 3, 2007
WOW...big healthy plants packed to perfection. This was my first experience ordering from this company and won't be my last. Their pricing is more than reasonable and they let you know when the eta is. This company gets an A++++.
Positive weasel71
Lombard, IL (Zone 5a)
May 3, 2007
This is the second year that I've ordered from this company. I received my order of 3 flats of plants 2 weeks ago and although it's still a little too early to plant for us, the plants are doing very well in a shady spot behind the garage. I swear that they've doubled in size since I've received them! It is like Christmas all over again when you open the box- big, green, healthy plants that have remained moist throughout the shipping process and not a single broken stem. The plants are a great value for the money. I look forward to ordering from them next year.

As a sidenote, I held my wedding reception in my garden last Labor day weekend and received many wonderful compliments on all my beautiful flowers, 75% of which came from Graceful Gardens!

Positive Aventurine
Lynn, MA
April 28, 2007
I have gotten large healthy plants from Graceful Gardens for over 4 years now. My lastest order will be delivered early next week. The plants are always very well packed. Each time my order arrives it feels like a holiday. Top quality plants shipped to me on time and many reseed in my garden. For people who like getting more for there dollar Graceful Garden is the place to order from.
Positive carrielamont
Bedford, TX (Zone 8a)
July 17, 2006
Fantastic value when you buy three trays. Be sure you are ready to have that many plants arrive and know where you plan to plant them. Some of mine died because I didn't plant them out fast enough and it rained too much, too fast. This is not a comment on the company, but on my unpreparedness. It's a good way to get a lot of beautiful plants, quickly and inexpensively. Much of my garden today comes from Amanda and Mark, who are terrific people to deal with. Highly recommended!!!