The scoop on 'Always Summer Herbs'

Always Summer Herbs

199 Magill Road
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania 16057 (United States)

Visit Always Summer Herbs at:

Comments:

Positive danab78
Pittsburgh, PA
December 18, 2010
I discovered Always Summer Herbs at the new Pittsburgh Public Market in the Strip District just two months ago. Since then, I've been hooked on their honey. It's a great tasting product and I will never go back to regular store-bought honey! Definitely try them out!
Negative frrancesca04
Stratford, CT
April 27, 2010
On 4/6/2010, I ordered lavender sugarberry ruffles which was advertised on their web site as in stock. I also ordered 1 jar of Dead Sea Salts - total cost $55.30. They charged my credit card one day later 4/7. I never received the plants or bath salts. I emailed them twice and rec'd no answer. Don't waste your time or money.
Company representative comment on June 1, 2010:
On Jun 1, 2010 6:03 PM, Always Summer Herbs responded with:

Sometime plants do not thrive. Sugarberry ruffles lavender did not perform to our expectations, so we did not ship. We immediately refunded her money and mailed here 6 coconut ice lavender plants, at our expense. We sent her 3 emails, and left 2 phone messages, but nothing could make her happy. We tried, we really did. But some time plants just die, that's just gardening...

Positive magnaastra
Charleston, IL (Zone 6a)
May 2, 2009
Received a great selection of healthy basil plants, which were packed so well that all of them made the trip halfway across the country in perfect shape. The box included a handwrtitten note from the owners, which I thought was a really nice touch. Will definitely order again.
Positive colchie
Vashon, WA (Zone 8a)
January 13, 2009
I ordered pesto perpetuo from this company, and got actual healthy plants. The ones I had ordered from Territorial Seeds and Burpee were pathetic dried twigs. I will definitely order from them again
Positive lcsera
Rockville, MD
May 25, 2007
I ordered 6 herb plants from this company last Saturday and they arrived today. I am esctatic! Big, healthy, beautiful plants individually packaged with lots of green. The aroma of the basil filled the room as soon as I opened the package. Yum! They have lots of different kinds of various herb plants and included a free mint and a handwritten "thank you" with my order. I will most definitley be back!
Positive AyUpPetal
West Mifflin, PA (Zone 6b)
April 12, 2007
My big order of herbs just arrived and I am bowled over! The entire order process from start to finish was handled so professionally and with that friendly touch that lets you know they care.The plants are beautiful and healthy and were packed with loving care. There was no chance of anything being crushed or damaged because of the way they wrap each plant individually and use something called Soil D-Lite to cushion them. They suggest you save it to mix with soil in your large containers to make them lighter, and I have. I was advised via email that my plants were on the way so I could keep an eye out for the postman and unpack them as soon as they arrived. They also sent two free plants which was very nice! An instruction pamphlet came along with the herbs with basic info for the novice gardener and reminders for the experienced. I'm thoroughly pleased and will definitely be placing more orders as my garden grows. My new herb garden is off to a great start thanks to Always Summer Herbs!
On April 24th, 2008, AyUpPetal added the following:

Spring 2008- Spring is here and it just wouldn't be spring without Always Summer Herbs! Fantastic, healthy beautiful plants packed with care and a handwritten thank you note along with a free plant. It doesn't get any better than this! One plant was on backorder so I called to change to a different item and order more- couldn't get friendlier or more helpful folks to chat with. You can't go wrong with Always Summer!
Positive adiva
Butler, PA
October 18, 2006
What a great bunch of folks. Fantastic selection of some really neat plants. BIG and healthy!