The scoop on 'C and T Iris Patch'

C and T Iris Patch

20524 WCR 76
Eaton, Colorado 80615 (United States)

Visit C and T Iris Patch at:

Comments:

Positive themikesmom
Concord, NC
July 25, 2014
Posted on September 7, 2012, updated July 25, 2014
Posted on July 18, 2012, updated September 7, 2012
We had a Wondeful Experience Ordering from C & T Iris Patch:

This winter my son spoke to Charlette on the phone and she went out in the fridgid cold field just too double check and make sure they had available the varieties we were looking for and called us back within 15 minutes and they did! prior to the bulbs arriving she sent us an confirmation email that the bulbs were being packaged and the next morning a shipping confirmation.
When the bulbs arrived they were very large very clean and very healthy and probably had the largest root systems ive ever seen! they gave us extras of each variety too as our bonus. they also carry alot of rare historics and unique varieties no one else has. We would be happy to order from them again. thanks, Tim and Charlette!
On September 7th, 2012, themikesmom added the following:

Another Great Order from C and T Iris Patch! Large Healthy Fans, Extras of Each Variety, Nice Bonus Plant and Fast Shipping and Great Communication! What else could one possibly ask for?! thanks Again, Tim and Charlette!
On July 25th, 2014, themikesmom added the following:

Another Awesome year 2014 Order saw some more Awesome, Wonderful, Incredibly Rare Historics, Wonderful Healthy Decent Sized Plants, Extras of Many Cultivars and Generous Extra Bonus Plants all with nice root systems and and Awesome Communication as Always! To Future Buisness, Friendship, and Respect! :-)
Positive GreenandGrowing7
Marcola, OR
September 22, 2013
I recently placed an order with C and T Iris Patch, and I was so pleased with the iris I received that I quickly paid for a second order before the shipping season ends. All of the iris rhizomes were very healthy and large, and I got some lovely bonus varieties as well. The Iris Patch fills the orders and ships them out very quickly. They have a huge list of different varieties and rebloomers and their prices are very reasonable. This is a great iris nursery, and I plan on ordering from them again in the future.
Positive crowrita1
Lyndon, IL (Zone 5a)
August 8, 2013
This was my first order with this grower and I want to say that I was VERY impressed! Nice selection to pick from, wonderful, healthy looking rhizomes, and a nice bonus! Communication was good, and packaging was excellent. I'll be back !! Thank You !...Arlyn
Positive puttytat
Saint Louis, MO (Zone 6a)
September 17, 2012
Posted on March 9, 2010, updated September 17, 2012
I have not ordered from C and T for several years but when I did, I was pleased with the size and quality of their rhizomes - but not by having 3 rhizomes turn out to be incorrectly labeled. I don't recall whether or not I contacted them about the problem; however, going through their current website, I am appalled at the number of iris with photos either inadvertently mismatched or wrongly identified. I emailed the company about the same thing last year and never received a reply so I would recommend caution purchasing here.
On September 17th, 2012, puttytat changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Ordered from C and T in 2011 and was quite happy with the blooms the last 2 years. I still did have 1 imposter (Heavenly Angels bloomed blue, not white) but it was a large order and 1 lapse can be forgiven. Sent a huge order in 2012, so fingers crossed!!
Positive Dave39
Mount Wolf, PA
July 20, 2012
Posted on July 20, 2012, updated July 20, 2012
Ordered 3 rhizomes of one variety and 1 of another. Received 4, a double and a bonus rhizome. Well packed. Email saying they were shipped [from CO] on Wed, arrived in PA on Friday, well cleaned and trimmed in nice shape.
On July 20th, 2012, Dave39 added the following:

Actually ordered 4 of one, and rec'd 4, so only the one bonus plus the double of the other.
Positive CTYankeegirl
Mystic, CT
September 28, 2011
Posted on September 18, 2011, updated September 28, 2011
Posted on August 11, 2011, updated September 18, 2011
C and T Iris has a tremendous selection of iris. I placed a rather large order with them this summer and their communication was great. The rhizome/fans I received were fresh, healthy, and the size was very good. Some of them were huge! I would definitely order from them again.
On September 18th, 2011, CTYankeegirl added the following:

I just have to add, the iris I ordered are thriving! The root system on the rhizomes were sturdy and really healthy. Fantastic company!
On September 28th, 2011, CTYankeegirl added the following:

I've placed 2 more orders with them this season and once again received beautiful, healthy, large iris rhizomes. The roots are extremely well developed & healthy. They are very pleasant to deal with if you have questions as well. Very happy customer!!!!
Positive bryana
Albany, NY
September 18, 2011
ordered 9 iris roots, arrived quickly, very well packaged, about what you would expect for $5 a root - not huge but much better than a local garden center. all were clearly labeled and a couple bonus roots were put in. I would order from again (if I had the room).
Positive clematisdave
Pylesville, MD
August 22, 2011
Tim and Charlette were just great. Nice extras put in. Thanks Charlette for TEXAS RENEGADE.
Positive irisco
Eaton, CO
March 27, 2010
I've ordered iris from different companies for 17 years.
CandT iris patch has been the best at recieving true to name iris and the biggest plants.They also has been the best to communicate with.
Positive chillco66
Denver, CO
August 31, 2009
I live in Colorado - stumbled across these folks in Eaton, CO. Tried them last fall - so far the best, freshest largest rhizomes I have ever ordered of any plant, anywhere. I am extremely pleased. I will be ordering again in a few weeks. Extremely large catalog of irises, including hard to find varieties.
Positive Tntigger
Greeneville, TN (Zone 6b)
November 8, 2008
My first year ordering from this company and i was happy with all my order.
Positive BlissfulGarden
Baton Rouge, LA
October 17, 2008
Wow, was I happy to find C and T!!! They offer many cultivars of irises that are better suited for the more southerly regions... varieties that can be very difficult to find from other growers. I was happy with the price, the selection, the bonuses, and the ordering process for my multiple orders. Overall, this was a very pleasant buying experience. I will definitely be a repeat customers in seasons to come. A++++ Ev =)
Positive ElizabethAnneM
Birmingham, AL
September 20, 2008
Terrific! They arrived very quickly and are gorgeous! Perfectly clean with a lot of roots. Each one was clearly handled with care. I am excited about my bonus iris!
Positive iris28
(dana)Owensboro, KY (Zone 6a)
September 9, 2008
im very pleased with the iris from c&t iris . they were big and healthy .also they attached a sticky label for each plant . very nice planting instructions . very fast shipping . within days of my order i received them . i will put them on my list of good vendors .
Positive Maxsmomma
Philadelphia, PA (Zone 6b)
September 3, 2008
Great selection and some hard to find iris as well. Very prompt response to my order, very helpful, great instructions with the package, great notice on when things would ship, etc.

The rhizomes arrived in great shape here in Pennsylvania. Just a good, positive experience that makes you want to come back and order again.

My only caveat is that they staple the names of the iris instead of writing the names on with a marker. It's a small issue though.

Positive langbr
Olathe, KS (Zone 6a)
August 23, 2008
Gave this company a try after reading positive feedback here on the Garden Watchdog and because they had some interesting iris varieties.

Prompt confirmation of my order, notification of shipment and perfect shipping for my planting time. Iris were healthy plump rhizomes. Will definitely order from again and would recommend to other iris collectors.
Positive bloominganne
Atlanta, GA
August 20, 2008
This is the second year that I have ordered irises from this company and I am very happy with their plants. The plants arrive in great condition and the growing instructions are excellent. Their website is very user friendly - the only "problem" is making a choice of which iris to purchase!
This year I ordered about a dozen reblooming iris. They arrive clearly identified and ready to go into the ground. I have a reblooming iris from last year's order that is starting to rebloom (in August) and it's exciting to have the iris season extended.
Positive lori4370
Webster, MN (Zone 4a)
July 21, 2008
Ordered 6 (of the same type) irises, got 3 (small, but healthy) bonuses of the same type i ordered :-). Plant's roots were in good condition, little bit dry at the top, but fine. Similar condition to "the iris sisters" irises. I live in MN, so probably 3 day trip in a box explains slightly dry tips. (they are in CO). The irises i ordered were very hard to find anywhere this year, so i'm glad they were available here.

Good communication from seller. She sent me an e-mail when they were sent out, always good to know so i can prepare a spot. accepts paypal. Would definately order from again.
Positive cherylobsidian
Cheyenne, WY
May 30, 2007
The flowers are fantastic. The owners are knowledgeable and friendly and explained how best to plant and care for the Irises I purchased. If you get a chance you must see this place it is amazing.
Positive vkb2photo
Greeley, CO
June 5, 2006
If you live anywhere Eaton Colorado and wish to have one of those "take my breath away" experiences. You need to stop by the Iris Patch. I am a photographer and the first time I saw that mass of Iris in bloom...it did just that. I dare you to walk through the garden without saying "wow" or "geez" or "look at this one"! An enormous array of gorgeous Iris awaits you. The folks there are wonderful too...with their patio table and umbrella relax and order bulbs which will be delivered to you in early August. They also sell great little wire name plates and placards so you can name the Iris in your garden. You will not be disappointed in this journey. I was out for the second time June 4th and there were a lot of blooms still. I highly recommend the Iris Patch and the very knowledgeable and friendly owners. A+ set up. Thanks!!
Positive sm80546
Severance, CO
May 14, 2006
I had seen their advertisement in the newpaper, so 2 years ago ,i decided to go there and just look

1 .first of all, they had several hundreds (maybe thousands?)
of different varieties!
2.secondly they were very nice and knowlegible and they answered all of my questions very patiently.
3.I anticipated not being able to get all of the varieties that i ordered, but when the day came to pick them up, they
were all there, including some bonus rhizomes. The lady (they are a couple) even went out of her way for me. I had been looking for this variety for quite a while,because i had lost some of the different kinds that i had, and so i asked her if she had any 'syncopation', and she said that she didn't. But when it came time for her to call me to come and pick mine up, she told me that she had located some syncopation and would i like to buy them? naturally I said yes!

this has been my experience with c & t irises, all good!
sharon m. meintzer