The scoop on 'Flower & Herb Exchange'

Flower & Herb Exchange

3094 North Winn Rd
Decorah, Iowa 52101 (United States)

This company is affiliated with Seed Savers Exchange

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
March 9, 2005
I like the seeds and the customer service--I placed an online order for flower and vegetable seeds at the Seed Savers' Exchange main website. I also purchased a membership to the Flower and Herb Exchange. The listings for exchange are quite extensive, although I was a bit unhappy to see that they didn't have anything I wanted! That doesn't mean anything, though. The selection is, as I said, extensive. It just didn't reach to my craving for extreme rarity.
Positive dianthusman
Pecos, NM (Zone 5b)
December 3, 2002
Nice people. I've been a member for many years. Their seedlist is tremendous fun. Quality varies greatly, natch, depending upon how the individual member offering the seed harvested and stored it.
Positive talinum
Kearney, NE (Zone 5a)
December 5, 2001
The FHE is a project of Seed Savers Exchange started in 1989. It is dedicated to the preservation of flowers, wildflowers, ornamentals and herbs that are family heirlooms, unusual or not available commercially.

Members are able to buy small amounts of seeds from other members for $1-$2. The seed packet contains 25 seeds. The catalog contains 120 pages with 2800 items from 330 members. For example, there are 53 different Morning Glories. Some cuttings and bulbs are available. The object is to provide members with starts of heirloom plants.

Since members buy from other members, your satisfaction depends on the integrity of the member you buy from. I have not found this to be a problem. I have been dealt with fairly and honestly.

The catalog is great fun to read and I recommend this organization.
On December 5th, 2001, talinum added the following:

The $10.00 is a membership fee.