The scoop on 'The Chilli Seed Company'

The Chilli Seed Company

Comments:

Negative 1SickPuppy
Waukesha, WI
January 3, 2009
I just received my order from "The Chilli Seed Co" and the order is complete. It took longer than I anticipated to receive my seeds but I am assuming that the Holiday season played a role in this. I also received a pack of free seeds that will come in handy.
I ordered an assortment of Naga seed for the spring planting season. I have had good luck even here in Wisconsin growing this type of pepper. Last year I had 15 Bhut Jolokia plants that produced a bumper crop of orange/red, extremely hot, and fragrant peppers.
I plan on continuing this review in the future.
On April 6th, 2009, 1SickPuppy changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I'm changing my rating to neutral due to lack of germination on 3 of the 4 varieties of seeds purchased from this company.
I ordered the Naga Morich which germinated great 90+% but I also purchased the Naga Jolokia "very poor germination" approx 10%, the Chocolate Bhut Jolokia "very poor germination" approx 10%, and the Yellow Burkina "failure" no seeds germinated.
I must state that I also ordered the Germination Powder they offer.
Also as a benchmark I also purchased Bhut Jolokia seeds from the NMSU and had my seeds germinate at 95%.
Of the 20+ varieties of peppers I am growing this year...these are the only ones I had trouble with.
The reason I'm not giving a negative is maybe there is some reason beyond their control that contributed to this.

On August 13th, 2009, 1SickPuppy changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Now that I am well into the growing season and can see exactly what I have and how it's progressing I have decided to change my rating to a negative.
The Naga Jolokia seeds I purchased have turned out to be something completely different. I don't know what they are but they don't look like any of the pictures on the site or what is posted on the web.
I took extra care in making sure nothing got mislabeled and all the seed were separated into individual containers.
I have never run into anything like this before and this company is not the norm. Most companies have some kind of quality control. This one is either a scam or they are being swindled on their end by scrupulous suppliers.
I have already ordered my seed for next year and you can bet your a_ _ it wasn't from this company.
Look elsewhere for your hot pepper seeds.........You won't be wasting a whole season growing mystery peppers.
On September 10th, 2009, 1SickPuppy added the following:

OK..............Where are the Chocolate Bhut Jololkia? As a novelty I ordered these seeds as well.
I had a couple of the Choco's germinate and not a hint of brown. If I leave them on the plants any longer they'll turn brown from decomposition. Just as orange/red as the other Bhut's I am growing.
What a con!
Don't be taken by the fancy web site. Go elsewhere!
Positive lafko06
Brimfield, MA (Zone 5a)
December 26, 2006
This company ships very quickly. I ordered right before Christmas and got my order on 12/26. I got an email confirmation after placing my order and their site was very easy to manuever. I only ordered 2 packs of seeds from them and they actually sent me two free packs of seeds, Jalapeno and Hungarian Hot!!! They also enclosed a one page Growing Instrucion Guide -- which is the most info I have ever seen any company provide on growing their seeds; and it is actually very useful and helpful too.
Positive arbitor
MANCHESTER
United Kingdom
March 4, 2005
I needed a birthday present for my husband, The Chile Seed Company came up with some unique ideas and sent the present the same day!!!
Fast and very freindly advice and service.
Anyone needing chilli pepper seeds need look no further :)