The scoop on 'Aztec Dahlias'

Aztec Dahlias

2357 Lemur Street
Santa Rosa, California 95401 (United States)

Negative hopflower
Santa Rosa, CA (Zone 9a)
June 26, 2015
Sorry, but I have had rather a hard time with Aztec Dahlias. First, after seeing their stand at a local Farmer's Market, I ordered some dahlia tubers rather earlier than when they should be shipped. I knew I would have to wait, but I then a couple of weeks later got a phone call saying that they had not received a check I sent. I called my bank who said they, too, had no record of it; and the check had not been cashed. After about three months, the check magically appeared, was cashed; and the order sent out to me. Okay, I got the dahlias; planted them immediately and waited for them to come up. They all did except for one. I promptly emailed the company and told them that I had had no response from it, and could they please send a me new one (replacement), refund my money, or send another similar variety. This was acknowledged June 4 of this year, and STILL has not been resolved. No refund, no replacement, and they are out of the desired dahlia tuber. It is now almost July. While some of this is not their fault; the customer service is. The whole problem could have been resolved AND acted upon in one day or at the most two.

I will not be ordering from them again. Too bad, because they grow some really nice dahlias and I was looking forward to a good relationship with them. They are local to me, and not far away at all. I will have to order from others now.
Positive nymegen
Auburn, NH (Zone 5a)
April 7, 2015
After visiting Pikes market in Seattle this fall I knew I had to grow my own beauties.The dahlia tubers I received yesterday look wonderful; plump and good sized. Can't wait till the weather improves for planting time.
Positive eoholland
Davis, CA
May 13, 2009
This is my first time buying dahlias via the internet. My experience with ordering through the Aztec Dahlias company was excellent. Their web site is truly phenomenal! I loved the photos of the dahlia flowers, the brilliant colors, and also the design of the web site that made it so-ooo easy to order.

I received the 16 tubers I ordered within 2 weeks (ordered in April) and included in the package was detailed information on how to handle the tubers, etc. (written on 2 sheets of paper) I really appreciated this information as I know little about these plants.

After I planted the dahlias, I still had questions, so I asked them via email and received almost immediate (same day) answers from Aztec Dahlias Customer Service Dept. I'm excited about these tubers and glad I ordered them from Aztec Dahlia company.

Positive engel234
Rainier, OR
May 7, 2009
Ordered from Aztec Dahlias received all dahlias in good condition all have eyes. They were quick to respond if I had a question. Will order from this company again next year.
Neutral zone5girl
Painesville, OH (Zone 5b)
April 26, 2007
Like many others on the dahlia forum stated, my tubers from Aztec were shriveled and they replaced 3 of the 7 tubers I ordered. I am not putting neg. down because I am going to see how these tubers grow first.
Neutral sudhira
Aptos, CA
April 21, 2007
Tubers rec'd were in very poor condition. 2 had no eyes what so ever, 2 had rotten heads, one had NOID and one had ID written so poorly is could not be read. Numbers on the order sheet had been changed and were confusing. 4 emails sent from 2 different accounts, after approx 1 week an email response was obtained, stating they were busy with orders. I have not heard back from them as of yet. I am sure the owners are kind people with good intentions, but the tubers were very poor quality. I wouldn't have taken them if they had been free.
On April 25th, 2007, sudhira changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Okay so I changed from Negative to Neutral...Even though the dahlia tubers were is very poor condition ( not usable )...they did after a few emails, offer to make good on them...I wish them well, and hope they have better quality control next season...
Positive bigcityal
Menasha, WI (Zone 5a)
May 21, 2006
I am happy with my order from Aztec. They were easy to select, shipping was good and they all are growing.
My only little bone to pick was my substitutions instruction was not followed - it still worked out.
Positive doss
Stanford, CA (Zone 9b)
July 1, 2005
I ordered about 15 Dahlias from Aztec last fall. Three didn't grow and when I wrote to tell them they responded the same day saying that they would send new ones.. Their tubers are a little smaller than other growers so don't be surprised, but they grow excellently.

I have about the same yield with Dahlias from anywhere. I don't know why - but it's pretty consistent and I buy from great places.

Highly recommended. And buy 'Bumble Rumble'. It's an awesome Dahlia.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]