The scoop on 'Aztec Dahlias'

Aztec Dahlias

2357 Lemur Street
Santa Rosa, California 95401 (United States)

Comments:

Positive eoholland
Davis, CA
May 13, 2009
This is my first time buying dahlias via the internet. My experience with ordering through the Aztec Dahlias company was excellent. Their web site is truly phenomenal! I loved the photos of the dahlia flowers, the brilliant colors, and also the design of the web site that made it so-ooo easy to order.

I received the 16 tubers I ordered within 2 weeks (ordered in April) and included in the package was detailed information on how to handle the tubers, etc. (written on 2 sheets of paper) I really appreciated this information as I know little about these plants.

After I planted the dahlias, I still had questions, so I asked them via email and received almost immediate (same day) answers from Aztec Dahlias Customer Service Dept. I'm excited about these tubers and glad I ordered them from Aztec Dahlia company.

Sincerely,

Emily
Positive engel234
Rainier, OR
May 7, 2009
Ordered from Aztec Dahlias received all dahlias in good condition all have eyes. They were quick to respond if I had a question. Will order from this company again next year.
Neutral zone5girl
Painesville, OH (Zone 5b)
April 26, 2007
Like many others on the dahlia forum stated, my tubers from Aztec were shriveled and they replaced 3 of the 7 tubers I ordered. I am not putting neg. down because I am going to see how these tubers grow first.
Neutral sudhira
Aptos, CA
April 21, 2007
Tubers rec'd were in very poor condition. 2 had no eyes what so ever, 2 had rotten heads, one had NOID and one had ID written so poorly is could not be read. Numbers on the order sheet had been changed and were confusing. 4 emails sent from 2 different accounts, after approx 1 week an email response was obtained, stating they were busy with orders. I have not heard back from them as of yet. I am sure the owners are kind people with good intentions, but the tubers were very poor quality. I wouldn't have taken them if they had been free.
On April 25th, 2007, sudhira changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Okay so I changed from Negative to Neutral...Even though the dahlia tubers were is very poor condition ( not usable )...they did after a few emails, offer to make good on them...I wish them well, and hope they have better quality control next season...
Positive bigcityal
Menasha, WI (Zone 5a)
May 21, 2006
I am happy with my order from Aztec. They were easy to select, shipping was good and they all are growing.
My only little bone to pick was my substitutions instruction was not followed - it still worked out.
Positive doss
Stanford, CA (Zone 9b)
July 1, 2005
I ordered about 15 Dahlias from Aztec last fall. Three didn't grow and when I wrote to tell them they responded the same day saying that they would send new ones.. Their tubers are a little smaller than other growers so don't be surprised, but they grow excellently.

I have about the same yield with Dahlias from anywhere. I don't know why - but it's pretty consistent and I buy from great places.

Highly recommended. And buy 'Bumble Rumble'. It's an awesome Dahlia.