The scoop on 'Crazy Dahlia Lady'

Crazy Dahlia Lady

76251 Rainbow Street #51
Oakridge, Oregon 97463 (United States)

No positives

Comments:

Negative Gnildir
Longview, WA
August 17, 2009
WARNING: THIS SELLER DOES NOT DISCLAIM THAT SOME OF HER TUBERS MAY BE UNHEALTHY. I bought some tubers from her on e-bay. After I got a few cuttings from them, I noticed that the new growth from the tubers started to look bad. I stopped taking cuttings from them and noticed that the plant was showing signs of viruses. All the sudden, WHAM! I looked over at my tray of cuttings and just about crapped my pants. I put some contaminated cuttings into a sterile environment without even knowing about it. For me, if I see that a plant looks virused, I would take it out of the garden. but all I just got was a tuber from her and you can't tell if a tuber contains dahlia viruses or not. You are relying on the seller, and if they have unhealthy plants, they are supposed to tell you. Anyways, as of right now, I may have to take out 200 plants in my garden (including some new seedlings of mine that I have just gotten introduced, I may have a bad stock of them because of her.) because they are showing viruses. The only ones that looks healthy are the tubers and cuttings that were not in that tray.

Believe it or not, I am not the only one that is complaining about her. A buddy of mine who is in the same dahlia society as I am in told me to be careful about her. She has sent him a big mixed order. He got tubers that he did not order and he got ripped off by her.

So I am warning you guys, do not buy from this lady. She will either get your orders mixed up or will send you bad plants.
Company representative comment on August 17, 2009:
On Aug 17, 2009 8:11 AM, Crazy Dahlia Lady responded with:

it s my policy if the customer is unhappy with their order they should contact me personally. i do not sell diseased tubers that I know about. .I grow over 1500 plants each year and any that show signs are pulled out. I cannot afford to grow any that show signs of disease. your buddy should of contacted me also if he was unhappy with them and they would of been refund. I have many happy customers and many repeat customers. it is my policy to make myu customers happy but I have to hear from them. not just some belly aching on the garden web