The scoop on 'Dahlia Barn'

Dahlia Barn

P.O. Box 1941
North Bend, Washington 98045 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Qdangson
Quincy, MA
February 15, 2015
I've ordered from them before, before I really got into dahlias. Due to my limited experience, I expected to receive clumps. I receives single healthy plump tubers. Initially disappointed, I planted them next to stor bought clumps. Dthe dahlia barn tuners outgrew and out flowered the clumps. Many of the single tubers sent up more than a single strong stem and they were healthy from the get go. The store bought tubers sent out multiple growths but even after cutting most clumps to 3 stems, they seemed viruses with curling leaves. I didn't do a side by side of the same variety, but overall, the single tuners from dahlia barn were better. They also all produced size able clumps in the fall.
Positive b07ias
Eureka, CA
August 4, 2012
Posted on July 4, 2012, updated August 4, 2012
I have ordered from this company two years in a row and have been very pleased. The tubers arrive in good shape, not shriveled. This year, two of the ten varieties I ordered succumbed to rot before I could get them in the ground. Since I did not plant right away, it could have been my fault. If I had taken them out of the plastic shipping bags they might have made it. The others are all thriving and I would order again.
On August 4th, 2012, b07ias added the following:

I contacted Dahlia Barn and they offered to replaced the failed tubers next season at no charge. Sweet!