The scoop on 'Lynch Creek Dahlias'

Lynch Creek Dahlias

2390 SE Old Olympic Highway
Shelton, Washington 98584 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-218-0501

This company is affiliated with Lynch Creek Farm

Comments:

Positive pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY (Zone 7a)
June 18, 2014
Posted on February 10, 2014, updated June 18, 2014
My rating may change to positive if all the tubers grow.

Last year my order arrived in a timely manner with tubers well packed but four did not grow.

Many attempts at contacting them didn't work until I used the magic words "Garden Watchdog".

They called, I told them which ones didn't grow and then placed my order. They will send it totally free of charge, not even shipping charges. Right now I'm happy. Once they all grow I'll be happier and will change my rating to positive.
On June 18th, 2014, pirl changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Andy Hunter, owner of Lynch Creek, is a most generous and helpful person, as is his staff. They did more than just replace the tubers that did not grow. I am very happy with the 2014 order and all tubers have sprouted; most have grown quite a bit already.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from Lynch Creek again.

With this year's order they included waterproof identity tags that slip onto the dahlia stems. What a treat!
Neutral blackbunny
Provincetown, MA
December 10, 2006
I ordered tubers in spring '06. They advertised aggressively and came up when I googled (smart move on their part). I would rate them positive, but for two reasons; first, I ordered a collection of seven and when it came they had substituted two varieties. I would like to have known that they were going to do this, as I based my order on the varieties they offered. The ones that they substituted were OK, but I'd like to have been notified first (they had my email address). Like, what if I had already had those varieties?
Second, one of the tubers when it blossomed was not the one I ordered and seemed to have been mislabelled. It should have been "Pineapple"(can't remember if it was "express " or "lollipop", but a yellow ball type) but was wasn't. I had specifically planned on a yellow variety. The plant I got was very nice, but was a pink-bronze lotus flower when I was expecting a yellow ball. In their favor, I will say that the tubers were carefully packed and healthy, and bore vigorous, handsome plants. They seem to be a nice small organization, but I think they need to be more consciencious. I would still consider ordering from them again despite these problems, which I admit I didn't tell them about.