The scoop on 'Red Hawk Dahlias'

Red Hawk Dahlias

Carnation, Washington 98014 (United States)

Comments:

Positive GypsySweetheart
Grover Beach, CA
March 26, 2011
I have been a satisfied customer of Red Hawk Dahlias for several years. Each year I look forward to what they have to offer; there are always some rare varieties at great prices as well as all the others we dahlia lovers look for. Then, there are the special close-out offerings at unbeatable prices! I always look forward to at least one free bonus with each order. This year I recieved Cherokee Beauty; a size A ID pink as a bonus. In my order I did have one tuber that looked good on the outside but on handling turned out to have rot inside and when I informed Mary she immediately sent a replacement. Red Hawk is always fair with excellent customer service. Although some tubers can be very small that is because some varieties have very small tubers; they still all have at least one eye and grow very well in my experience.
Red Hawk has many satisfied customers who watch for each years listing usually in Dec. so it is important to order early to avoid disappointment from early sellout.
My garden is full of beautiful dahlias from Red Hawk.
Negative kdoc01
Franklin Lakes, NJ
March 20, 2011
about a year ago I ordered over 100.00 worth of dahlias from this company. My order arrived with a nasty note complaining about difficulty contacting me. Anyway the tubers I received were absolute garbage. You know the crappy little ones with skinny necks that wont grow. They were tiny and many lacked eyes. none of them grew well and the ones that did were a disappointment. In my opinion your hard earned money will be better spent elsewhere!
Neutral wetdogfarm
Eveleth, MN (Zone 3a)
May 9, 2009
Received 5 tubers and one bonus. 3 were the size of my middle finger, 1 was smaller than that and shriveled, two had no buds. I expect to see flowers on only one tuber, but time will tell so I will leave this feedback at neutral.
Negative Gardeninmum
Columbia, MD
October 4, 2008
The tubers are small and unhealthy. I had only a couple of blooms out of the lot of tubers I ordered. You get what you pay for...spend a little get a little......I am an experienced gardener and Dahlia grower.
Positive Poochella
Issaquah, WA (Zone 7a)
March 2, 2007
I also took part of the 2007 Redhawk supersale. For a large order, it was handled very accurately with excellent, prompt communication about lack of availability on sold out varieties, substitutions available etc. Very flexible vendor who refunded partial shipping to let me pick up early in person! That's service. There are a few tubers that are thin or showing some minor rot, but at the price of $1-2 each, I am more than satisfied with the other plentiful wonderful specimens provided.

All tubers are individually labelled with the variety name in clear handwriting- a real plus at planting time. This was a wonderful opportunity to sample a lot of different dahlias at a low price. Bonus tubers included in my order, as always, are very welcome. I can't wait to see them bloom.
Positive Jax4ever
Boxford, MA (Zone 6a)
February 16, 2007
What a wonderful $1 and $2 2007 tuber sale! I bought $42 worth of tubers and asked for an expedited ship date. I got a big box of healthy tubers on Feb. 15. Lots of extra tubers, including 2 extra of one I had ordered. If they don't grow, it will be my fault for storing them improperly. If it were the proper planting time, I have no doubt they would all grow!
On March 26th, 2007, Jax4ever added the following:

3/26/07- After a few weeks in storage, I've benched up the tubers and have eyes on 100%. Several will be able to be divided!