The scoop on 'Sugar Creek Gardens Inc.'

Sugar Creek Gardens Inc.

1011 N. Woodlawn Ave
Kirkwood, Missouri 63122-2803 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: $3

Visit Sugar Creek Gardens Inc. at:

Comments:

Positive ccgardner
Saint Louis, MO (Zone 6b)
November 12, 2007
Sugar Creek Gardens in Kirkwood Mo DOES NOT SHIP PLANTS. There must be a different Sugar Creek Gardens that you all are ordering plants from. This is a nursery and garden center in the Kirkwood community in the St. Louis, MO area. As far as my experience with this nursery, well the staff couldn't be nicer and more knowledgeable and the plant selection is always varied to include the stuff that is not mass marketed at the large discount stores. They also offer FREE Gardening Classes through-out the year and have a fantastic gift shop. Also, the setting is an old home that they have converted into a nursery and is very charming, which adds to the experience. The owner is a young lady who was raised with plants and has furthered her education and credentials to support her business. An over all wonderful place to visit.
Positive mkcarter
Redford, MI (Zone 5b)
January 20, 2006
I ordered plants from them and was very happy at the way I received the plants and packaging. I am disappointed to see that when I went on the website this January, it looked like they were not going to do mail order. I wish they would, I would definitely order from them again!
Positive gtrjob
Saint Louis, MO
October 10, 2005
I have purchased plants before and found them to be in excellant condition. I enjoy the varity of plants and selection.

The staff was very friendly and I enjoy each time I go there.

I would buy plants from them in the future, and would recommend them to anyone.
Positive chicgardener
August 6, 2004
I was absolutely delighted with my experience with Sugar Creek! Having shopped there before I moved to the east coast I could not have been more excited when they started doing mail order. When my clematis asao arrived they were healthy, and sooner than expected were blooming beautifully in my garden! The instructions were complete, and when I e-mailed with a follow up question it was returned the same day! While I miss going into their fabulous nursery, it comforts me that my garden will still have the Sugar Creek Gardens touch!
Positive gardencowboy
July 25, 2004
I ordered 2 different varieties of Cimicifuga. The plants arrived on time as promised. They were the biggest and beefiest plants I have received through the mail. The plants just exploded when I got them in the garden. I wouldn't hesitate to order again. A very positive experience and I can't wait for next spring to order again.
Negative Kmrsy
Fort Wayne, IN (Zone 5a)
May 6, 2004
I don't want to give Sugar Creek a negative, but... I ordered 6 plants - 4gal, 2qt. Order confirmed. A month later 1gal and 1qt were canceled - crop failure or some such thing. They sent a refund check. When the order arrived, they had cancelled another gal and enclosed another refund check. So I should still receive 2 gal and 1 qt, right? No, I got 1gal and 2qts. I called and explained, so she looked up the Echinacea 'Prairie Frost' that was supposed to be a gal and said that, as it turned out, though they'd offered both sizes, they only had qts. So I explained there was a $5 difference between the 2 sizes and I now need a ANOTHER refund check. She said they'd only been doing mailorder for 3yrs and were still trying to work out the bugs. Hmmmmmm....

Now to quality. Their site says: "The plants you receive have been grown in pots or are field grown. The pot sizes listed here are the size in which the plants are currently being grown....You will receive your plants bareroot (no soil on roots). " However, the qt size had enough roots for a 2 inch pot and the gal size had enough roots for a qt pot. They were of a size to be repotted into, and grown on in, the size they advertised, but, from my experience, they hadn't already been growing in that size pot.

The people seem nice enough and make a big show of offering the newest plants, but they don't follow through. I wish them luck, but I don't think I'd order from them again.
Positive gardenfairy
Dallas, IA (Zone 5a)
May 11, 2002
I recieved my order from this company and was amazed by the plants. They are totally awesome! One plant was a honeysuckle vine gallons sized. It was 24" tall and in full bloom with Multi branches. Other plants where just as full some where not gallon sized as stated but had enough growth on them and were so healthy and for the price I couldn't really complain. I am putting in a second order and they will be at the top of my plant shopping list for years to come.
Great plants , great variety ,great service, and great prices for the quality and size you get! What more could you ask for?!!! Buy with confidence.