The scoop on 'Argham Village Water Gardens'

Argham Village Water Gardens

Argham Grange, Grindale
Bridlington, East Yorkshire, YO16 4XZ
(United Kingdom)

Comments:

Negative lindaree
Manchester
August 17, 2008
We recently placed an order with this company before seeing the notice on the home page. This made my husband very nervous and he proceeded to contact the only person mentioned on the whole of the company site. We were assured that no money has been taken even though we recieved a confirmation e-mail. If you look at the site now it has a very large warning notice on it. If you are still having problems please contact the owner of the website as follows : Geoff Pickering , 01723 891969 or e-mail cllrgeoffpickering@yahoo.co.uk

Negative heronwatcher
London
March 28, 2008
My experience is the same as the previous correspondent's. I ordered a model bird from Argham Village on 8 March. This was to be a birthday present for a friend on 20 March. On 11 March Frank emailed me to say the goods had been sent and would be with me in 4-5 working days. My credit card was debited for the full price on the 11th. Nothing has been delivered to me. I have emailed both the argham village address and the 4ponds address four times requesting information on the whereabouts of my order but with response received to any of my messages. No phone number is given on the website. I am very dissatisfied and doubt the honesty of this organisation.
Negative jbpage
Andover
March 19, 2008
I placed an order with 4Ponds (Argham Village) in February and was notified that the goods were shipped last week. But nothing has arrived, and there seems to be no way to contact the company. Both the telephone numbers I have for them (01723 892850 and 01723 892141) seem to have been disconnected, and emails to arghamvillage and 4ponds email addresses are being returned marked undeliverable.

Does anyone know if Argham Village are still trading?

Thanks,
John
On May 19th, 2008, jbpage added the following:

I managed to get my money back through my credit card.

I have also raised a complaint with the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) about this company.

I notice that 4ponds website now says that the company is "in the process of changing ownership" and that they have suspended trading.
Neutral tingtong
Reigate
January 29, 2008
I ordered some replacement bulbs for my outdoor lights from 4ponds, and received an email saying that they had been sent. They didn't arrive, and my (now many) emails enquiring about them were ignored. I presumed that they were probably lost in the post, but now believe that they were never sent due to the complete lack of replies to my emails and other reviews of the company on this site and others. Never trust a site that won't give a phone number! Even better, use a local supplier who will hand over the goods with a smile and a doff of his flat cap as you pay!
On February 2nd, 2008, tingtong changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

My bulbs did finally arrive - the postmark was dated over two weeks after the email saying that the good had been sent, and after bombarding 4ponds with (unanswered) emails. Of course I am pleased that I've now got what I ordered, and I'll just about squeeze it up to a neutral rating but I will shop elsewhere next time.
Positive preformed
November 14, 2007
I placed an order for a preformed pond and pump with the company 4 ponds, which they trade under at the beginning of October 2007. They could not fulfill my order some I altered it to one they had in stock. On the 1st November 2007, Frank informed by email that the order had been dispatched and my credit card account had been debited. I have not received the order and they have not replied to any of my emails. The email is the only way to contact the company and it is so frustrating not to receive any response. It is like talking to a brick wall. I have reached a point where I do not know what to do next other than to take some form of legal action.
On November 28th, 2007, preformed changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I eventually found a 'phone number for Argham Village Nursery and was able to make contact with 'Frank'. He was profuse with his apologies and promised to rectify the matter. That has now been down and on the 28th Novemeber 2007 I received my pond via Night Freight who had temporarily 'lost' the pond. I was more than recompenced for the poor service by 4 ponds.
Negative valli898
August 23, 2007
This company does not provide a phone number and does not answer emails. I am currently seeking legal redress for the money they owe me following delivery of the wrong product. Avoid them!
Negative clivecrouch
Hampshire
April 26, 2007
I attempted to buy some garden lights through this company via T'interweb. They never arrived. After complaining by email several times asking them to contact me, they never did. Eventually the wrong thing arrived. I am still waiting for a response/refund/the correct goods. I am considering taking legal action/trading standards/the press. Anything to be honest. A telephone number for the place would be nice!!
Negative tonytiger
leicester
October 31, 2006
I ordered a pondliner in September from 4ponds and have been vitually ignored. I have threatened with legal action but to no avail, and am therefore proceeding.

High risk, advise to steer clear.
Negative Seandorch
Dorchester
October 16, 2006
I ordered a small water pump which never arrived. I emailed the company and had no reply for over a week. I threatened to take my complaint to the relevant authority. The company then emailed me to say that the pump must have been lost in transit - and their IT system had gone down! They promised to send a replacement. This has not been recieved and again they are ignoring emails. From my experience this is a high risk company.

Seán