The scoop on 'Merebrook Pond Plants'

Merebrook Pond Plants

Negative zakgimli
Chesterfield,
United Kingdom
August 15, 2016
Two of their 'special' Irises - the Rusty Red, arrived earlier this year and didn't look too healthy. I planted them following the recommendations on their website. Both plants failed. When I contacted the company I received a list of questions about how I had planted them, in what medium, and at what depth etc.. I sent them all the relevant details and heard nothing for two weeks. Their next email involved many more questions and a request for photos. The plants FAILED damn it. I certainly won't be using them again.
Company representative comment on October 15, 2016:
On Oct 15, 2016 8:35 AM, Merebrook Pond Plants responded with:

As we say in on our web site
“All plants dispatched are guaranteed to be true to name and healthy. We obviously cannot guarantee their future growth and vigour because of circumstances beyond our control.”
These plants were delivered in May 2015, and we were not contacted until the following July 2016.
Before replacing the plants we just wanted to discover why they had failed to thrive so that, if they were to be replaced, the same fate would not befall the replacement plants.
The customer seemed unwilling to enter into a productive conversation regarding care of the plants, so we gave ex gratia, a full refund of the cost.
We are passionate about water gardening and are always willing to provide advice and support to anyone who cares to benefit from our many years of experience.

Negative jemoulding
Meldreth,
United Kingdom
October 8, 2012
My order was sent to the wrong address and I received an order for another customer. Rather than return the plants to Merebrook I was asked to send the plants direct to the other customer which I duly did (but surely giving out other customer addresses goes against data protection laws?) . When my plants did arrive I found the planting depth was not as expected (the plant label had been manually amended from 12"-20" to 6"-9") which meant the plant was no longer suitable for my pond. When I requested a refund for this single plant (£9 out of an order of £99) I was sent a very rude email which contained phrases such as "To be honest I do not think your email deserved a reply" and "...perhaps you do not understand the concept of 'maximum' ". The company then refused to correspond any further.

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.