The scoop on 'Lee's Gardens'

Lee's Gardens

Tremont, Illinois 61568 (United States)

Comments:

Positive franknjim
Peoria, IL (Zone 5a)
October 1, 2009
Lees Gardens is very reputable and is local to me. This year I purchased close to 40 varieties of hosta there. Sadly the garden center will no longer be open for visits. They closed it for good early September 2009 but she will continue to sell Hostas and Perennials online through mail order. I was very lucky to catch the sale before they closed the garden center. She has a great selection. They have yet to update their website to reflect the closure but if you call them they will tell you the sad news.
Positive Greenknee
Chantilly, VA (Zone 6b)
May 3, 2004
This was my first experience with Lee Gardens. I liked the catalog, no nonsense descriptions. The plants (hostas) were all in good condition, a lot of roots, well packed, and some with quite large leaves. After a week, even the wilted, biggest leaves are doing fine. I will use them in the future.