The scoop on 'The Earthworks (The Fuchsia Lady'

The Earthworks (The Fuchsia Lady

18034 SE 248th
Covington, Washington 98042 (United States)

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive weedsfree
Magna, UT (Zone 7a)
March 29, 2013
Posted on March 6, 2013, updated March 29, 2013
After reading all the comments about this company, I decided it was best to order early. They were low in number in most of the ones I wanted so I am glad I did. I got my plants today and the box looked like it was folded in half but the plants had no damage from that. There was one with some limp and bruised leaves but it was on the end of the box. Most of that plant is is great shape, so I have no complaints. The rest of my order came out of the box in great shape. I am very pleased. Thank you Fuchsia Lady! I hope to order from her again when I want more Fuchsia's.
On March 29th, 2013, weedsfree added the following:

I did end up loosing one plant that was in the middle of the box and it was replaced with another variety (the one that died was out of stock), no questions asked and immediately shipped. An easy company to communicate and purchase from.
Positive markrs
Sunnyvale, CA
July 19, 2012
I was looking for one specific plant--Fuchsia procumbens variegata. They had it, and I also ordered a second plant--F. 'Orange Queen'. The bill came to only $12, for the two plants including shipping--wow!. The plants arrived quickly and in great condition. I recommend The Earthworks enthusiastically.
Neutral ge1836
Pittsford, NY (Zone 6a)
May 28, 2012
I also agree with shipped condition of plants.
The only problem I have is out of an order of 10 plants half were substituted. I feel neutral about this as I placed the order early in the season.

They informed me when they were ready to ship but our spring was exceptionally cold and frosts 3 nights out of seven made it impossible for me to receive the order early May.
They agreed to wait 2 weeks to ship. There was a mixup and the shipment was late or information lost and I had to resend the list. I am not dismayed as I really wanted these plants.
I am not in the nursery business but it looks like inventory control should get a serious look.

The owner wrote a nice note but sometimes well meant phrases just dont cut it. Dealing with the owner is nice,she is sincerely eager to please and will take blame for mistakes.

I agreed to the order substitutions and will see how the plants perform before I eliminate them from my website lists.
Positive pollyk
Hannibal, NY (Zone 6a)
May 4, 2012
Plants received today. Excellent condition.

This store has the most fuchsia cultivars I've ever seen.

Problems were, out of the 10 I ordered on 3/28, when it came time to deliver on 4/30 they were out of half of the cultivars I ordered, including the one I had made the order for in the first place. These were paid for on 3/28, when I ordered, and I feel they should have been reserved for me.

Here are the details:

Order Number: 478Date Ordered: Wednesday 28 March, 2012Desired Delivery Date: 2012-04-30 Detailed Invoice:http://www.fuchsias.net/zcart/index.php?main_page=account_history_info&order_id=478 Products------------------------------------------------------1 x Bealings = $3.251 x Bee Keesey = $3.251 x Arcadia Lady = $3.251 x Swingtime = $3.251 x First Love = $3.251 x Moonglow = $3.251 x Shelly Lynn = $3.251 x Sheryl Ann = $3.251 x Deep Purple = $3.251 x Blueberry Fizz = $3.25------------------------------------------------------Sub-Total: $32.50Flat Rate Medium (10 OR LESS STARTS): $11.35Total: $43.85

4/30/12
"Hello,we are out of Bealings, Bee Keesey, Arcadia Lady, Moonglow and Blueberry Fizz. Wouldyou like to choose subs? Thank you,Cameron"

4/30/12
"How do I know what's available as those cultivars are still listed? Were they not reserved for me? Blueberry Fizz is the main reason I ordered.

Where do I find a list of current availability?

5/1/12
"Hello,
I have updated the shopping cart. We had a very busy weekend, but it's up to date.

Cameron"

5/1/12
"Please sub Amy Marie, Bella Rosella, Blue Satin, Dollar Princess and Fluffy Ruffles."

Please note: they never did answer the question I asked "were they not reserved for me?"

Positive hummer_girl
Saint Louis, MO (Zone 6a)
November 3, 2009
I placed my first order late last spring (10 plants), and even though their stock was low for trailing and any mail orders was 'managers choice', they sent me a list of what was left and let me pick the plants I wanted. Everything was shipped promptly, packed very well, and the plants thrived in my garden. When they reopened for fall mail orders about 2 weeks ago, I placed another order for 10 plants. Again, promptly shipped, packed well and all the plants in excellent condition...even though the Post Office tried to destroy the box the plants were in! My postal person even suggested I not accept the package because of the crushed condition. It's a good thing the plants were in sturdy plastic pots (protecting the rootballs) and the plants had a thick, protective wrapping around the stems and foliage, the plants packed close together so they couldn't be jostled. It could have been an "Oh NO!" moment, but was a "Thank Goodness" sigh of relief when I unpacked and found all the plants in excellent condition. Thank you, Fuchsia Lady!
Positive JuliaCh
Stamford, CT
April 13, 2009
Awesome plants, fast shipping, careful packing. Thanks a lot!
Positive krissy_p
Pipe Creek, TX
March 8, 2009
I ordered Fuchsias from this company because of the great selection. I am happy to say my fuchsias got here a few days ago and they all look great, plus they got here really fast! Also I was sent emails telling me when they got my order and when they shipped my plants.
Positive Kenarden
Bar Harbor, ME
January 19, 2009
I agree with all those reviewers ahead of me. I have very high praise for their shipping and handling and selection.

Super recommendations and customer service. Oh........and nice fuchsias too!!!
Positive arthurgoodwin
Denver, CO
May 28, 2006
I ordered 20+ fuchsias from this company in early May 2006. Customer service (e-mail) was prompt and helpful, including recommendations for substitutions for some plants that were sold out. The plants arrived very nicely packed and in great shape. I'll order from this company again next year.
Positive cougarkat
Coventry, CT
January 2, 2006
I ordered 20 fuschia starts - 20 different varieties - and a friend of mine ordered 11. Both of us received plants in great shape and very quickly once they were shipped. Very well packed too. The only problem we had was their website which wasn't working correctly for orders at the time, so we had to contact them by phone and email, but I understand that has now been resolved. They have a great website to see the varieties and choose from, and a large selection. Helpful information too. I plan on ordering from them again.
Positive doss
Stanford, CA (Zone 9b)
August 24, 2005
The plants came in good time, were very reasonable. One was broken and it was immediately replaced with two. The fuchsias took off and started growing within a couple of weeks.

Great variety (I think best) and photos of every plant. A nice website to visit if you happen to need inspiration.

Highly recommended.