The scoop on 'Missouri Wildflowers Nursery'

Missouri Wildflowers Nursery

9814 Pleasant Hill Road
Jefferson City, Missouri 65109 (United States)

Phone: 573-496-3492
Fax: 573-496-3003

Visit Missouri Wildflowers Nursery at:

Comments:

Negative AnnetteSpates
Overland Park, KS (Zone 6a)
August 6, 2013
When I ordered by phone, the representative did not tell me that there would be what I thought to be an unreasonable shipping charge. When I received the order, I was disappointed by the extremely small size of the plants--and I ordered the large pots. The order did arrive quickly, but I will not order from them again. I can purchase much healthier, larger plants at my local nursery.
Positive dirthound
Cohocton, NY
April 30, 2011
Very easy ordering, just mail with check and you receive very nice plants at great prices , at your date of choice.Will purchase again.
Positive Roger2
Mahomet, IL
September 22, 2009
While this doesn't deal with a mail order - we had an opportunity to actually visit Missouri Wildflower Nursery - it is intended to highlight the professionalism of the staff and the high quality of their plant materials. Potted plants were well cared for, with accurate labeling and outstanding sanitation in the growing area. The seed collection and packaging was/is being carried out in accord with the highest standards. Seed packaging includes full-color illustrated packages with care instructions on the back. We were especially impressed with their extensive collection of seldom-seen forbs. And their catalog is a veritable textbook. Accolades to Missouri Wildflower Nursery!!! Best wishes, Roger Kirkwood
Positive schnecklothr
Kearney, MO (Zone 5b)
April 12, 2008
I placed my order for almost 90 plants from this company back in early January. I requested a shipping date in March. I gave specific requests on how to substitute for any out-of-stock items. Sure enough, my perfectly filled order arrived two months later according to plan. All plants came up.
Positive greenbrain
Madison, IL (Zone 6b)
August 4, 2007
For mail order, Mo WF's staff are very personable. I was phoned and advised to wait for my order to be shipped when the plants would best survive. I was again called to confirm that the plants were being shipped to make sure it was convenient for me. I called back when the order arrived and was advised on how to plant & care for the vernal hammamelis (ozark witch hazel), cephalanthus occidentalis (buttonbush), and arundinaria gigantea (canebrake bamboo) since my area was experiencing drought conditions and an extreme heat advisory. Besides being well packed in gallon pots and arriving in excellent condition, the plants appeared healthy & took well to transplanting. The pricing is very fair for the quality and size of the plants. I highly recommend giving this nursery a try if you're interested in native Missouri perennials and will be ordering more plants in the near future.
On August 4th, 2007, greenbrain added the following:

Just noticed that I didn't spell check hamamelis vernalis. Ok, I feel better now.
Positive Chills
Saint Clair Shores, MI (Zone 6b)
June 15, 2006
I looked all around for a couple plants. I came across this nursery online and they had what I wanted (at very reasonable prices). The plants were ordered on a Wednesday, shipped the following Monday (as I was told they would be) and were in my hands 1 week after ordering. They were packed very well and looked great! I was even given a deal on the shipping!

I'll certainly look through their selection next year as I plan my planting.

Positive jbarnes
West Fork, AR
April 18, 2006
I have ordered from Missouri Wildflowers Nursery twice -- once last summer, and again this spring. Both orders were filled promptly, and the plants arrived in excellent condition. I am very happy with the company.
Positive birdgardener
Rocky Hill, NJ
May 25, 2005
Very happy with the plants I received from them. Good size for the price, nice healthy plants, well packed.

Friendly folks on the phone too.
Positive mes
Lawrence, KS
March 29, 2004
Wonderful selection of healthy, reasonably-priced native plants.
Positive mainman2_us
May 27, 2003
This is one of the best companies I have dealt with. Fast to respond with orders, nice catalogs, and most importantly all of the plants I ordered were CAREFULLY packaged and arrived in excellent condition.
I would not hesitate to order from this company again.
Paying an extra buck over wild collected plants really pays off with this company. After all, how many of those wild collected plants will really even survive?
Positive nturland
April 3, 2002
I wanted to create a limestone glade feature and needed a source of plants native to southeast Missouri. MO Wildflower Nursery has a long list of plants in stock (and seeds), in a beautifully illustrated brochure (with photos) containing much useful cultural information. I ordered about 25 plants from them in fall 2001, which arrived in about a week. They were well packed, in pots, in good condition. The prices are good (mostly in the $3.50 to $5.50 range). The inventory is mostly wildflowers, but there are a few shrubs and vines too. They also do seed mixes for prairie gardens, etc. I definitely recommend the nursery.
Positive dannybarron
April 1, 2001
I have lived in the Ozark region for a number of years and have ordered from this company the last two years and have been very pleased with them. The bareroot plants in spring are by far the best buy.
Positive janislonde
February 1, 1997
It is a great source of hard to find native plants. The stock arrives promptly, is very healthy, and the prices are very low. The no frills catalog is helpful and the people are wonderful. This place is a gem in the rough, and not to be missed!
Positive markwstephens
October 1, 1995
I have ordered 10 plants and some seed. All the plants were packaged with care, and arrived in good condition. This is a good source for NATIVE shrubs and trees, such as the Wahoo, Button Bush, and New Jersey Tea.