The scoop on 'Robyns Gardens'

Robyns Gardens

No address on file.

Comments:

Negative Olliesgarden
Florence, SC
August 25, 2007
I placed an order mid July, 2007. Today is August 25, 2007. I have not received my order and there have been no replies to my e-mails.
Positive mrkitty
Middletown, CT (Zone 6a)
March 15, 2007
Highest praise for Robyn's Gardens. Have purchased many plants and bulbs from this site, every one supurbly healthy, all came up and bloomed. Rob has the most beautiful bulbs you ever hope to see. If there is any problem at all, they address it immediately. Prices are reasonable and items are shipped at planting time by zone.
Positive 1gardengram
Fayetteville, NC (Zone 8a)
July 27, 2005
I purchased lilies and hostas from Robyn's Gardens this year on ebay and was extremely satisfied with this company. The lily bulbs were huge and healthy and every single one bloomed. I lost two "Regal Splendor" hostas and Dave instantly made good on his guarantee and even sent me a couple of extras and all of those are doing fine. I also bought their mixed hosta assortments, which were a little on the small side, but have been healthy and are growing. I just placed another order for more lily bulbs.
Positive FlamingoCarole
Lilburn, GA (Zone 7b)
May 14, 2005
I am waiting for my 3rd shipment of lily bulbs from Dave (via Ebay). The prices were excellent and the bulbs were very large and healthy. Communication was A+. Would not hesitate to order bulbs from them again!
Positive hvnlyhibiscus
Dexter, ME
March 26, 2005
I purchased lillies from these folks via ebay. Lily bulbs were large and very healthy. Shipping prices were great especially considering that shipping on ebay can be a rip off. Prices on lillies couldn't be beat. Exceptional deal!! However, what I was most impressed with was customer service...... my email got an immediate response. I have just placed a large order for more lillies and hibiscus. I'll let you know how the next order turns out. Definitely take a look at this company's ebay store.
Neutral kdjoergensen
Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC (Zone 7b)
March 17, 2005
Sells via Ebay (store and bidding).

I purchased hostas and lily bulbs.

They generally have a very good selection of both and resonable prices for the lilies. The lily bulbs were very healthy and of nice sizes.

The hostas were shipped in dormant stage, potted with soil around the roots, e.g. no green growth, but in soil (as opposed to bare-root). The pots had been removed and the plug wrapped in moist newspaper. Excellent shipping.

The hostas were small 2.5" diameter round plugs with root dept of approximately 3". I had personally hoped for a larger root ball, but atleast they looked healthy and given another season or two they should provide nice plants.

The prices for the hostas were cheaper than companies who sell 2 year old field grown plants, but these hostas also typically have roots which are 2-3 times the length offered here. You essentially get what you pay for. My guess is that these are 1st year plants from tissue culture plugs.

I would buy lilies from this company again, but probably not hostas (I prefer more well established hostas) even if I have to pay more.