The scoop on 'Exotic Palms'

Exotic Palms

Exotic Palms has 94 products listed in PlantScout.

25000 S.W. 152nd Avenue
Miami, Florida 33032 (United States)

Phone: 305-246-3125

Comments:

Positive gyver
Fort Pierce, FL
June 23, 2014
Great company incredible service and selection of palms huge inventory of large and small palms and some other nice plants too. Steve is very very helpful and can answer just about any question you might have about palms, he also has palms you cant find anywhere else.
Positive arteestico
Oakland, CA
October 1, 2013
Steve Stern is a pro! I used to work as a volunteer at Fairchild Tropical Gardens and had the opportunity to know all of the palm experts and Steve is up there. He was very friendly and so willing to share his knowledge about palms and his knowledge for CARING for these wonderful plants. The bursary itself contains an expansive variety of rare and unusual palms and they were available in all sorts of sizes as well.

I purchased several plants and will return to him the next time the palm bug catches me! Thank you Steve for all of your wonderful help.
Positive jamesleaser
Houston, TX
January 27, 2011
A good place to visit when in Miami.They have good plants and the owner gives plenty of advise.I bought some small plants and took them home to Texas. I do not know if they ship.
James
Positive bobgreiner
Naples, FL
January 24, 2011
Steve's place is well worth a visit to purchase rare palms and get growing tips from him.

Bob
Positive Zayin
Chilliwack
Canada
May 12, 2010
I had emailed Steve in advance to let him know that I was coming into town and would like to have a look to see if they were growing what I was looking for. He said that would be great, but I didn't give him a date as to when I would be around. I didn't realize that it was a home based business, so I just showed up. Steve dropped what he was doing and spent a good long time showing us around, and gave some really informative detailed information on hardiness, growing conditions and reccomendations on different palms. This was right after the cold snap last January so there were things that didn't look perfect - but that's what I needed to see as the cold was the best test for cold provenance in his palm selection. Also Steve grows a lot of his plants outside, so that they are already sun ready and won't sunburn the second you get them home and have to wait forever for them to put up an entire new crown. Just three things to note. Try to know what you want in advance, have lots of time to snoop around, and bring cash as this nursery doesn't take credit cards or debit. I would recommend this nursery to anyone who likes rare and more exotic palms.
Company representative comment on July 24, 2010:
On Jul 24, 2010 10:16 AM, Exotic Palms responded with:

Thank you for the accolades but we do take checks,

Positive Eclecticuno
Fort Myers, FL (Zone 10a)
November 25, 2009
Purchasing a palm could not be a more pleasant and informative experience. I've purchased from Exotic Palms (Steve Stern) at sales at Fairchild Garden and at his place in Homestead. My only regret is that I don't own a large truck so that I could purchase larger palms than I do. Cassius, the doberman is an added pleasure, as I am a dog lover also! I have found both the quality and prices most satisfactory. If you love palms and get to Miami, you gotta stop here. You will see fabulous palms you never heard of!!
Positive Dalion
Yorba Linda, CA (Zone 9b)
September 10, 2009
I read the reviews and decided this was a must stop during my visit to Miami. The dog was nice but did you see the palms? What a collection of exotic Cuban palms! If you have to have some great palms and are in the Miami area, you must stop by.
Positive AggiePalms
Savannah, GA
July 31, 2009
I have visited Steve twice in the past year, and he is so nice that both times he met with me at his home/nursery on Sunday evenings on short notice; not a normal business practice. He enjoyed spending as much time as needed, more like a friend than a nursery owner. Steve has a truly amazing selection of palms, usually in different sizes. He is extremely knowledgeable and will help even relative newcomers like me find the perfect palms for their needs (I bought six this trip). Prices and quality are very good. You can't go wrong; Steve loves palms and the people who love them.
Positive smrj
Jacksonville, FL
September 7, 2008
They have a tremendous selection and a friendly, knowledgeable owner in a beautiful south Florida location , not tto mention reasonable prices and the opportunity to play with Cassius, the gentle Doberman. I got several unusual specimens including a superdwarf Rhapis, mature at only about 8 inches high. Highly recommended!
Positive billowen
Port Charlotte, FL (Zone 10a)
December 10, 2006
I met Steve on a trip in early December during a plant sale. My wife and I throughly enjoyed our visit to his operation, Steve is very knowledgeable and has a fantastic selection. We plan to re-visit in the near future.
Bill Owen, Port Charlotte, Fl.
Positive tewreef
Baltimore, MD
March 16, 2006
Had the most enjoyable and informative visit to Exotic Palms on a trip from Baltimore to Florida this week. Steve, the owner, could not have been kinder or more welcoming, and spent a couple hours showing me around his invintory. I was amazed by the number and variety of palms; many rare palms that, until then, I had only seen in books. As I grow all my palms indoors for half the year, Steve was very candid and helpful in letting me know which palms would work for me. What a great experience! Needless to say, some of Steve's palms now reside in Baltimore!
I definitely look forward to visiting Exotic Palm and dealing with Steve Stern again.
Tom Walsh
Baltimore, MD
Positive Chris_Lorry
Vero Beach, FL (Zone 9b)
December 19, 2005
Steve, the owner, is very knowledgeable and friendly. Really made us feel welcome. He has a great collection of rare and unusual palms available at very reasonable prices. Several of the palms available for sale were species I have never even heard of. Also, Cassius was kind enough to keep my wife from getting bored when the palm talk got too heavy. (Cassius is the family dog. :) We had a great visit and came away with some fantastic palms. We'll definitely go back!
Positive aztropic
Mesa, AZ
October 12, 2005
On a recent trip to south Florida,I stopped in to Exotic Palms looking for a specific palm and Steve (the owner) ended up giving me a tour of his whole operation.He is a very friendly and knoweldgeable person and his business has several palm varieties that were not available at any of the other nurseries I visited.
Positive cmir2425
Homestead, FL
September 17, 2005
I have bought several exotic palms from here. They have a great selection and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend buying from here.