The scoop on 'Monarch Seeds'

Monarch Seeds

634 S. Queen St.
Martinsburg, West Virginia 25401 (United States)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Negative bleuvert
Longueuil, QC (Zone 4b)
February 5, 2008
Beware!
I placed an order with Monarch Seeds on Dec 9, 2007, paid with PayPal. I received a confirmation email after the transaction, obviously automatic. I never received the seed. They never answered to my several emails (including one from Garden WatchDog). Maybe they are closed or whatever, but they still accepted money!
Don't order from Monarch Seeds.
Negative lilwren
Central, FL (Zone 9b)
April 7, 2006
i ordered seeds from this company and two of the items i ordered were left off of my order when i went to pay with paypal ... no explanation ... nothing .... i e-mailed them over and over asking what had happened to the last two items on my order BUT got NO response! i would NEVER order from them again ... i think the least a company could do would be respond to an inquiry about a pending order! the total lack of communication is not acceptable to me!
Company representative comment on April 8, 2006:

On Apr 8, 2006 9:39 PM, Monarch Seeds added:

Paypal, Marketworks, and eBay are online services over which I have no control. These services allow buyers to combine purchases to make one payment and save on shipping. There seem to be many bugs in these online services that cause a lot of frustration. If you have difficulty with these services, you will need to contact them. I provide information to this effect in each online ad: “YOU must ensure all items purchased are on the combined invoice BEFORE paying.” As per eBay rules, by bidding or purchasing the item you agree to all the terms listed. Paypal payment address & money order addresses are also given in each ad and each invoice so that if buyers have trouble with these services, they may still make a payment for combined items. Buyers all receive an email/invoice with all this information as well as links to check on the status of their order(s).

Positive skatayama
Keyport, NJ (Zone 7a)
March 17, 2005
I recently ordered through his auctions and Ebay store. From a brief email correspondence I gathered that many of his seeds are from a distributor and a some are gathered by him. He has a nice selection of Asclepias species as well as many native plants seeds.
My shipment arrived in a timely manner. Some are sold in very small amounts but his starting prices as well as his Buy It Now prices are reasonable as is his shipping.
I will probably post on the forums about my germination experience with them.
Sheila