The scoop on 'Firmly Planted'

Firmly Planted

Granville, Ohio 43023 (United States)

Visit Firmly Planted at:

Editor's Comment:
Closed It appears Firmly Planted has shifted gears to focus on landscape and home design. If anyone has a different status update, please contact the Garden Watchdog editors.

Comments:

Negative Garymac
Manhattan, KS
March 13, 2008
Sadly Firmly Planted is no longer selling plants on line. I will miss the variety of unusual plants not available anywhere else. Website was no longer available for buying
Positive begoniacrazii
Northern California, CA (Zone 9a)
April 23, 2007
Kevin presents one of the premier online plant nurseries out there. He personally handles orders and offers a delightful selection of unusual plants. Order early as they tend to sell out. A small glitch in my order was handled quickly and with complete attention to customer service. Every email was answered quickly and pleasantly. I would place this company in the upper echelon of mail order nurseries.
Thank you Kevin, I'll be back and will tell all of my friends!

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that the plant material sent was LARGE and in perfect shape. GREAT selection of Begonias, and some of the BEST I have received via mail order. FIVE STARS!!!
Positive gessiegail
Taft, TX (Zone 9a)
April 19, 2007
Never ever have I received plants this healthy and well packaged. I am still in shock as they were packaged better than my African Violets which come to me with leaves broken, etc. The company is so organized with orders and delivery. I am going back for anything I can find on their site. The plants are not wimpy cuttings started. These plants came from nice large healthy tip cuttings. I will be posting pics of the coleus and other tropicals I received on DG
gail
PS Yeah for the best vendor found so far!!!
Positive joshz8a
z8a, AL (Zone 8a)
April 18, 2007
Received my first order today, fresh and not a leaf damaged due to careful packing and sturdy carton. Well rooted plants with good color and new growth means they will take off running... couldn't be more pleased.
josh z8a
Positive wenavery
W Hartford, CT
May 10, 2006
My experience with FirmlyPlanted.net was positive from start to finish. The website is beautifully designed and easy to navigate. The photos are inspiring. I received prompt replies to my email questions from Mr. Reiner. I happened to make an error in ordering and Mr. Reiner was responsive and kind in helping me with it. The plants arrived in a timely manner in a beautiful big box. The plants themselves were healthy, still moist and extremely well packaged. The planting directions were clear, informative and well laid out. The plants have survived a cold snap and a torrential storm and they are still beautiful and thriving. It has been an absolute pleasure to have discovered this website and worked with Mr. Reiner. I will certainly order from him again in the future!
Positive bseward
Kilmarnock, VA (Zone 7a)
May 10, 2006
Firmly Planted is a terrific company whose owner, Kevin Reiner, is totally hands-on and very customer friendly. In early 2006, I started looking at their web site and drooling over their Ready Designed Plant Combinations. I went back and forth trying to decide whether I was willing to spend that kind of money. Since you specify a shipping date (for a later date) I sent off an e-mail asking about when charges would be posted to my account, i.e., immediately or when the plants are shipped. Kevin got back to me right away and told me that since you’re reserving plants charges are posted at that time. However, he also said that if I didn’t want to do that, I could wait until it was closer to ship time and it probably wouldn’t be a problem getting what I wanted. I took his advice and waited for a short time. Then I got nervous and went ahead and reserved in mid-February for a May 1st delivery; I’d rather be sure than sorry. After all that, I changed my mind on which combination I wanted and decided to change my order to the Wine Dancer collection. That meant another e-mail to Kevin; no problem – the order was upgraded. That wasn’t the end of the saga because I kept looking at his site and fell in love with one of the sedums he offered – the Sedum Dasyphyllum ‘Himalayan Skies’. I contacted Kevin with some questions, and he was very helpful. In the end, I ordered 3 Himalayan Skies and 3 Kalanchoe Thyrsiflora ‘Ice Sculpture Kalanchoe’. Delivery was also scheduled for May 1st. When I finally got the big box from the Post Office four days later (through no fault of Firmly Planted), I was anxious to see how the plants had survived being in the box so many days. To my relief, every plant was in terrific condition. Nothing was broken and the plants were still moist. They are now planted and were worth every penny I spent. I am thoroughly impressed with Firmly Planted and know that I will order again and again. I recommend them very much.
Positive flurrya
April 19, 2006
I'm convinced that there is no better gift than an arrangement from this company. Even if the recipient is not an avid gardener like me, the very well marked plant containers and the plan showing how each should be arranged makes it easy to create the gorgeous contained arrangements just like those on the website. Each plant was meticulously wrapped and were in great shape upon arrival, the leaves plump and not bruised. I felt like a kid at Christmas opening each plant, gasping at the splendid choices. I like the plant-by-number approach very much.
Positive se_eds
Millersburg, PA (Zone 6b)
April 6, 2006
This company has a beautiful informative website. I was alerted by email that my plants had been shipped. They arrived as promised, were very carefully packed in yards of packing material. I was thrilled with the big beautiful healthy plants received and will order from them again.
Positive sharongra
Granville, OH
April 5, 2006
My experience with Firmly Planted exceeded my expectations in every way. Not only is the website a visual treat, it is informative as well. I placed my order with ease and it arrived safely on the date it was promised. My plants are healthy and beautiful. I will definately order from Firmly Planted again.
Positive cross4
Blacklick, OH
January 13, 2006
The website is well designed, informative and very easy to use. The plant photos are beautiful and indicative of the quality of the plants that you will receive. My plants arrived in great condition just at the right time for transplanting outdoors. I love coleus and these flourished better than any I have ever seen. I was the envy of the neighborhood. I took cuttings and potted them inside for the winter, and they are thriving also. Coleus are a lovely houseplant and easy to maintain if you follow the directions provided by the website. I just placed an order for the 2006 year to add some brighter colors to contrast with the more subdued hues that I ordered last year. I do a lot of online shopping and I was glad to see that my payment was protected by PayPal. I am extremely satisfied with this web shopping experience.

C.G. Ross, Sr
Positive amybutler
Granville, OH
May 25, 2005
I enjoyed my experience with Firmly Planted. The site is extremely informative, easy to navigate and very inspiring! The visuals and unique plant combinations made it very easy to select plants for both my containers and my garden beds. I also appreciated how the plant categories were organized in a variety of ways, I selected several plants from the shade to part shade category.
When my plants arrived they were strong, healthy and beautiful.
The quality of the stock is exceptional. I've since planted all of my selections and they are growing vigorously! Thank you Firmly Planted for providing such a quality resource.
Positive deckowe
Columbus, OH
April 28, 2005
ordered beautiful plants for my urns and window boxes. i found the site very helpful and easy to use....great customer service, too. The plants arrived quickly, and were carefully wrapped and in sturdy boxes. They were very high quality. this site really exceeded my expectations.