The scoop on 'Wooden Shoe Bulb Farm'

Wooden Shoe Bulb Farm

36 Copps Hill Rd, #200
Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877 (United States)

This company is affiliated with Ednie Flower Bulb, Inc.

Comments:

Negative Sootfoot5
Mobile, AL (Zone 8b)
December 4, 2006
I ordered some Thalia daffodils from this company on November 12th. I ordered them via the internet and received an invoice back saying my order was received, etc. Today is December 4th and they have not arrived. While we in South Alabama plant our bulbs late, it is time that I moved on with this project. It is my experience that other companies who sell bulbs this late in the season ship immediately. I suspect my order was lost or perhaps they have already closed up for the season without filling it. Whatever. As I said, I have already moved on...
Positive SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN (Zone 5b)
October 2, 2006
Great site - I ordered some Yellow Queen hyacinths from this site last year. Bulbs arrived quickly and were perfect in condition and quality and bloomed nicely. They even let you choose your size on most of their bulbs - hyacinths and narcissi for example are usually available in three sizes each, and I think their prices are great!! This is one of the best kept secrets in bulk flowerbulb availability for the public. Sometimes some of their links are incorrect and you get the wrong picture with the wrong selection, but my experience with them is great and I'll order again.
Positive gemini_sage
Winchester, KY (Zone 6a)
May 8, 2006
This spring I ordered lilies from Wooden Shoe for 4 DG gardening friends and myself to split. As their prices are so great by selling in bulk (I'm really cheap, I know!), it was well worth the bit of extra effort. All 5 of us were very pleased with the health and size of the bulbs. When I emailed to ask about ship date, a pleasant response came quickly. I'm looking forward to ordering again!
Positive pollyk
Hannibal, NY (Zone 6a)
July 14, 2005
I have purchased lilies wholesale from Ednie now for two seasons. I cannot say enough good things about this company. The owner (I assume) Jeffrey is the most helpful person I have ever dealt with. The lily bulbs were large, and in excellent condition. I have read on forums where people received wrong bulbs, so I planted three of each lily in my test gardens. They have all, so far, been true to name, and virus free. I had a minor billing problem, which was taken care of immediately, and properly (which to me was much more important than the problem). Their retail site appears to be Wooden Shoe Bulb Farm, and if you look on Ednie site there is a link for that. Wonderful company to deal with, wish they could all be that good.