The scoop on 'LocalHarvest'

LocalHarvest

220 21st Ave
Santa Cruz, California 95062 (United States)

Phone: 831/475-8150

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive tomatolarry
Dalton, GA
September 28, 2013
I ordered seeds through Local Harvest and although they came from two different producers in two states, I received them in less than a week. No complaints.
Positive kwetz
South Venice, FL (Zone 9b)
May 2, 2006
Oddly enough my comment is about LocalHarvest and was because of Catalpa. Like the Catalpa comment says they are a way for small farms and individuals to offer their seeds and such. I enjoy looking through their list and of the 6 orders I have done with them 5 went very well. One, the Catalpa order never arrived, you can look at the comments on Catalpa for what happened.
Localharvest attempted to fix the problem and finaly refunded that part of the order. So I feel comforable recomending them as I know they are a good place to shop.
Positive CatalpaTree
Medford, NJ
July 4, 2005
LocalHarvest is an incredible site. Truly, one of the most amazing and classy operations anywhere on the Internet.

Not only do they run a first class operation, they offer a wealth of knowledge, support, and information for their visitors.

Providing the type of informative links, listing, items, and other service for the “Buy Local” concept. Their online venue allows small farms, Co-Ops and CSAs exposure to the entire world. The service that they provide to Sustainable Agriculture is the best anywhere on the Internet. Allowing individuals and groups to communicate, exchange information, ideas and products is unsurpassed.

Among the items that you can find on LocalHarvest are farm fresh produce, CSA-subscriptions for your local area, and a plethora of items ranging from farm-raised wool to the most exotic seeds that you can think of.

As a casual user of their site, I was intrigued and used their search service to local farms in my area that I can buy good, clean, NON GMO foods. (As the father of small children, I am scared to death about whatever may be introduced into my children's diets, and having this resource to find the family run farms allowed me to get the clean and honest food that I cannot find in the big box, grow on demand stores. Now, I know what my family and I are eating.

On another note, the online store that they have has allowed me to find foods and products that are not available in my area. (Mushrooms are hard to come by in my neck of the woods, and what I can find, is from dubious origins.) LocalHarvest has members that sell farm raised mushrooms that now grace most of the meals that we eat. Moreover, I KNOW that they are good, natural, and wholesome.

The operators of the site really know what they are doing. If you have any questions, they will help you. You will never receive a canned email or an automatic reply. (I should know, I have sent hundreds of emails with questions and concerns, and Guillermo and Tere take the time to help me understand and locate what I am looking for.

I enjoyed their site so much, that I am now an active participant in their online store. And from a vendors view, it cannot be beaten for the service, exposure and quality of services and goods.

I wish that every operator and every site on the Internet were this professional, detail oriented, and friendly.

Thanks