The scoop on 'Pat's Pets'

Pat's Pets

4189 Jarvis Road
Hillsboro, Missouri 63050 (United States)

Comments:

Negative TerryMI
Saint Clair Shores, MI (Zone 5b)
October 10, 2007
I sent an order to Pat's Pets in May for a special offer and have yet to receive anything for my money. I've had no response to emails.
I knew that Pat's Pets is slow ship but since my order is for a their choice special offer I would expect shipment by now.
I hope they will see this and return my money. It's too late to ship episcia in October.
Positive PlantMomto3
Nevada, MO (Zone 6a)
October 31, 2006
I was fortunate enough to buy directly from Gary at a local society sale this month--chiritas, streps, and AV's. Plants were all large and very healthy. About half of them were blooming or about to bloom. He was also very helpful, sharing cultural information.
Positive JSchiff
Maitland, FL
July 26, 2006
This is a super company with friendly, honest and caring customer service. I was surprised to get a call from Gary after I ordered to tell me they'd had some problems and to offer to either cancel my order or hold my check and send the order when production got going again. I told him to send the plants when they could, and they eventually arrived very carefully wrapped with two extra varieties included along with a nice note from Gary appologizing again for the delay. Experience had taught me to expect a 40-50% death rate for mail ordered plants, but the ones from Pat's Pet's are flourishing. I was very impressed with both the quality of service and the quality of the plants.
Positive ineedacupoftea
Denver, CO
July 20, 2006
Gary is a real Gent. An extremely nice fellow with a scientific approach to plants that betrays itself in his supreme plants. You may see his plants exhibited or sold at major conventions.
The plants are well-grown in 2 or 4 inch pots at more than reasonable price. (He is not in it for the money, but to break even: "It's a business to pay for a hobby.") I thought there was some mistake at first! They are also grown in a spaced-out, uncrowded area so that they develop proper crowns, and in his own very controlled potting mix.

He hybridizes some gorgeous "Pat's Pet-" series gesneriads, including the first seven-lobed flowered Smitiantha. He is more than helpful about how to grow the more uncommon (but easy) gesneriads.

I simply cannot say enough about Pat's Pets.