The scoop on 'Rocky Mountain Rare Plants'

Rocky Mountain Rare Plants

1706 Deerpath Road
Franktown, Colorado 80116-9462 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: $1

Comments:

Positive DirtGently
Montreal, QC (Zone 5a)
December 14, 2010
Nothing fancy here: I picked out the seeds that I wanted from their online catalog, entered my order in a specially designed Excel file, printed the file and mailed it off for alpine gardening fulfillment - yes, snail mail! How quaint!

Decent helpings of seeds were sealed in tiny glassine envelopes along with a manifest in a padded envelope. Terse cultural and collection information about the seeds only available through their online catalog. Turnaround was just under 4 weeks, punctuated by my credit card being billed at the midway point (according to my online banking records).

Pretty pleased overall with the experience.

Sadly, they are not taking orders anymore after December 26, 2010.
Positive Ficurinia
Portland, OR
November 20, 2008
Though a small catalog, it has so many things I want! Just sent off an order for this year because my experience was so great with their seeds last year. Besides, few catalogs actually encourage me to go hiking again just so I can see plants in their natural habitats. The catalog experience is really well put together.
Positive Martinska
Jurmala
Latvia
January 9, 2007
Very good choice of seed. I received all ordered seeds (plus some surplus) in good time taking account the overloaded mail offices during Christmas. Seeds seems in very good quality.
Positive Hillbilly_Gran
Jasper, AR (Zone 7a)
February 10, 2006
This is my second year of ordering from RMRP and I am delighted. I received seeds promptly with no substitutions. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone!
Positive mouseman
January 6, 2005
I placed small orders this winter and last winter. Both orders were shipped promptly and were filled completely - the web site seems to keep the "out of stock" notes current. I've been happy with the amount and quality of seeds, and will continue to order from RMRP.
Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
January 6, 2005
Rocky Mountain Rare Plants was the slowest of the seed companies I've dealt with so far this winter, but an order placed shortly before Christmas arrived today, and that isn't too bad, considering the holidays and the storms of late.
The seeds are in little glassine envelopes, and I'd call the amounts reasonable. These were all seeds I couldn't find anywhere else.
On April 8th, 2005, nevadagdn added the following:

I've had good germination rates so far--at least 75% of my choices have germinated so far, and that's excellent considering this is my first serious foray into growing from seed.
Positive Rockway
Rockway Valley
Canada
November 10, 2003
I am from Quebec and had a very good experience with Rocky Mtns Rare Plants company, they are very responsable. Rebecca, the owner, had send me and order.After 3 weeks, my order was not arrived and she sent it again. So, she sent the order and 3 days after, the first order came in...I offered her to send back her second sending but she gently offered it to me for FREE ...I was very happy. So,I recommand that Cie to anyone.

Denyse