The scoop on 'Loess Roots'

Loess Roots

Stanton, Nebraska 68779-0877 (United States)

Phone: 402-439-5256

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: None

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Comments:

Positive InfiniteOhms
Falmouth, ME
September 11, 2014
I made a medium sized order last fall, i received it in good time in great shape with free extras! I would highly recommend this supplier to others.
Positive batscanner
Minneapolis, MN
November 1, 2010
I got a wonderful batch of mayapple roots from Rod this fall. Many had active buds, while others were rootlets which will take a year to develop. It was a very generous quantity, and he provided excellent care info. Shipment was fast, and the roots were very well packed. You can buy with confidence from Loess Roots!
Positive sherman99
Menifee, CA (Zone 9a)
October 28, 2010
wonderful to do business with !!!!!
Positive greenthumb99
Lucketts, VA (Zone 7a)
April 9, 2010
Generous, congenial and very responsive vendor. Bare root plants arrived in excellent condition, and were up and blooming within days. I am looking forward to doing further business with this person. Highly reccomended!!
Positive Cabinfever1
Oakdale, MN
April 3, 2010
This was the best plants I have ever recieved in the mail. Packing, labeling and the FAST delivery. The plants are so healthy. I will be back ordering from them again.
HIGHLY recommended.
A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Debi
Positive holeth
Corpus Christi, TX (Zone 9a)
November 12, 2009
Ordered Bloodroot, Mayapple, Black Cohosh. Got a bounty!!! Much more than expected!

I noticed that several of the roots had large buds on them, ready to "pop" when their season rolled around. I'm hoping this makes them easy to grow.

Instead of shipping in sawdust or shredded paper, this company has found an ingenious solution to the moisture issue. These guys used soil science. A pinch of clay holds water better & doesn't stick to stuff: Brilliant!

They sent bonus seeds, too. That was a cool surprise. There was more black cohosh & some goldenseal, a native buttercup. I remember telling them that I was shopping around for moist woodlands/semishade. I can't remember if I mentioned that deer resistance was in my criteria. If they were thinking "woodland, NE US native, not tasty for browsing" when they added the goldenseal, I'm really impressed.

There was a care sheet and detailed description for each plant. Hopefully the sum of all their innovations is healthy stock "Murphy-engineered" to be relatively foolproof.

I'm planting tomorrow morning. I can't wait to get out in my black-thumbed buddy's woods & gardens. I love knowing that I'm putting wildflowers out where they used to grow wild! :-)
Positive claypa
West Pottsgrove, PA (Zone 6b)
April 16, 2009
I ordered Ginseng, Goldenseal, Bloodroot, Black Cohosh, Ginger, and Virginia Snakeroot from Loess Roots. Plants and shipping were not expensive, and arrived in just two days. Some extras were included in the order, too.
Loess Roots ships roots in early spring, and fall.

I can definitely recommend buying from Loess Roots, and I hope to order again in fall.
Positive Dog_wonder
League City, TX
April 28, 2008
The A. serpentaria roots arrived in a timely fashion. They were in good condition, and all four are now sprouting and are well on their way to becoming healthy plants. This vendor did a good job with customer service and followup.
Positive Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM
October 28, 2007
I ordered two Virigina snakeroot plants and was so surprised when what looked like a bundle of roots arrived that contained FIVE plants.. they were carefully packed and had an instruction sheet included. Would buy again from this Gentleman.
Positive Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA (Zone 8a)
September 29, 2007
I purchased mature Virginia Snakeroot plants that came with the largest root system I've seen on bareroot plants in a long time. They reminded me of the 60's bee-hive hair do. He also packed in what was suppose to be 12 rootlets of maypop, bloodroot and Solomon's seal. However, Ron's baker's dozen would put most baker's out of business. Never seen some many roots! Rod obviously has a passion for natives and woodland plants. I got the feeling he wants to ensure their survival in the US. My order was safely packaged and I received well cared for, healthy plants.
Positive margaran
(Maggie) Jacksonville, FL (Zone 9a)
June 18, 2007
I ordered 10 Aristolochia Serpentaria in the middle of a heat wave. My plants were big, fat, healthy and expertly packed. I'm very pleased, Rod was a pleasure to deal with.
Positive ChuckP
Adrian, MI
April 24, 2005
I ordered two plants of Aristolochia serpentaria, a Pipevine Swallowtail host plant not available from most nurseries. They arrived promptly, well packaged, with strong root systems and shoots just starting. Prices were reasonable.