The scoop on 'Funkes Greenhouses'

Funkes Greenhouses

4798 Gray Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45232 (United States)

Phone: 513-541-8170

Comments:

Positive Joseph_Cincy
September 19, 2012
I only have in-store buying experience from Funke's, but I have bought my tomatoes there for the past few years. Their cultivar selection is incredible -- they offer many hard to find heirloom varieties. The tomatoes have done well, too.
Positive momgit
Cincinnati, OH
July 4, 2007
I was born and rasied in Winton Place. Funke's has always
been one of my favorite greenhouses. Everyone knows
so much about planting and what goes were. I have had
nothing but great success with there plants.

sincerley

Gayle Merritt Gittinger
Positive goshsmom
September 4, 2006
I've shopped here for 10 plus years & have had good advice & good plants. In the case of a rare blooper-- a Xmas tree that began to shed needles--- I was given a replacement of equal value with no hassles and with an apology. They have good deals on all sorts of basics, too, like "bring your own trash can & get a bulk rate on mulch." Get on their e-mail list and you'll get gardening advice, social philosophy, and even more plant specials. You can even put in for a kitten when it's birthin' time. Lots of places to roam, past the front greenhouses. They also have a recipe for a no digging required bulb bed that is terrific.
Positive fennelgrl
November 17, 2005
Funke's has great selection and prices. Beginning in mid-summer this year, everything was 50% off. The plants I've purchased have been healthy and continued to thrive after planting.

The only negative about this greenhouse is that it has always been lightly staffed when I've visited (weekends) so it's hard to get help. The one staff member I've spoken with was not very knowledgeable about their trees and shurbs.

I'll continue to patronize and recommend this greenhouse to others, but I recommend that you research any unfamiliar plants or varieties on your own before purchasing (which is usually a good idea anyway).