The scoop on 'Sebright Gardens'

Sebright Gardens

Brooks, Oregon 97305-0058 (United States)

Comments:

Positive LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS (Zone 5b)
September 7, 2013
Last year I ordered a 'Gentle Giant' hosta from Sebright Gardens. It was reasonably priced and to my delight, the plant I received far exceeded my expectations. The roots were full and mature, and the leaves completely filled the shipping box. I gave the 'Giant' a special place in my shade garden and it is thriving now, a full year after planting. I greatly recommend anyone looking for hosta give Sebright a try.
Positive obbirds
Olive Branch, MS
June 9, 2010
Had a great time visiting the gardens last week while on vacation. It was nice seeing what mature plants will look like before your purchase them. Due to traveling I had to have them shipped and was very pleased with the service and quality of the plants I recieved.
Positive marea
Albany, OR (Zone 8a)
March 7, 2008
I was lucky enough to tour the Sebright Gardens and Hosta house - great people, great healthy hostas!
Positive Ponditis
Payette, ID (Zone 7a)
April 11, 2007
I bought from them this past weekend 4/7/07 at the third annual Gardenpaloosa in Oregon and when I asked about visiting the farm sometime I was invited to just drop in that same afternoon and chat with Kirk and look around which I did. At the farm I bought several more of their great plants. I found both Thomas and Kirk to be extremely knowledgeable and hospitable and found out that they are testing their stock for HVX and so far they have tested well over 200 of their mother plants with no sign of the disease. Kudos to them for their attention to this awful hosta disease! I bought several of their wonderful well grown plants and found all of them to have huge root systems and great growth. Their prices are very reasonable and I give them a super hands up. Thanks Guys I WILL be back soon for many more!
Positive flowerfrenzy
Vancouver, WA (Zone 7a)
November 15, 2005
This is an excellent company to buy hosta from. It is affiliated with Mid America Garden, which is a great place to buy iris!

I have never purchased from this company via mail order, but I have bought directly from the nursery. If you ever get a chance to visit, don't hesitate. It's wonderful to be able to see the plants in person..what a selection! All of the hostas are in excellent condition and reasonably priced. I bought 'Paul's Glory' and it was very healthy and grew nicely. Kurt was also very friendly and easy to deal with. I would assume that a mail order experience would be just as pleasant.

I highly recommend giving Sebright Gardens a try.
Positive marie_
West Central, WI (Zone 4a)
October 31, 2005
I placed a hosta order with Sebright this Fall, and they were wonderful to deal with. I ordered by phone and they were very pleasant and helpful with my order, and as well as a couple of hosta care questions. I needed them to be flexible with the delivery time and they met every expectation. The hostas were resonably priced, arrived well packed and had amazing root systems. I was even asked over the phone if I had any other hostas on my wish list because they like to add a bonus hosta to their orders.

I will definitely order from Sebright again, and encourage others to order from them as well.