The scoop on 'Heirloom Tomatoes of Texas'

Heirloom Tomatoes of Texas

215 W. Bandera Road, Suite 114 PMB#455
Boerne, Texas 78006 (United States)

Comments:

Negative CoCoPandora
San Antonio, TX
July 18, 2008
I ordered $23.00 worth of tomato plants in early Feb. 2008. I said that I would pick up my plants when I was notified as to when and where. In the meantime I found out that I had to have major surgery on the week before I was told by e-mailed to pick up the plants, I wrote the owner several times saying that I would pick up the plants at a later date or send the extra money to have the plants mailed to me. He never replied to my emails. He had no problem using pay pal to collect his money. Five months later I am still waiting for him to refund my money. I am sorry that I ever found his site on the internet and will never do business with him again. I feel that he cheated me out of my money and was totally uncooperative.
Negative terrimac
Boerne, TX
May 21, 2008
I ordered 11 individual plants and a combo pack in January 2008 requesting and paying for home delivery due to my work schedule. My checking account was debited for the plants and delivery. I never received plants; have emailed Keith numerous times regarding this matter - absolute no response and no refund. It's like he has disappeared off the planet. Needless to say, I will not be ordering again and have warned all my gardening friends.
Positive nancyjane
South Texas, TX (Zone 9b)
March 29, 2008
I ordered for the first time and early. They were by far the best plants I received of any tomatoes I ordered this season. They were packed with care and were beautiful. I will be back.
Positive mad4roses
Georgetown, TX (Zone 8a)
March 8, 2008
This is an interesting and entertaining website run by a reputable local garden-guru with some humorous quirks (read his FAQ). They offer great varieties at very reasonable prices.

I just received my order on Thursday. All the plants I received were healthy and handled the trip well. At first I was a little disappointed that I did not receive two of the varieties I had ordered due to crop failure. However, included in the box were two bonus plants in addition to a refund, so that more than makes up for it.

Iíll have to suffer without Kelloggís Breakfast this year, but one of the bonus plants was Persimmon. Itís quite similar to Kelloggís Breakfast. I havenít tried Persimmon before, so it will be interesting to compare the two. Iím also very happy to have Mexico in my garden this year. I bought some last year at the farmerís market and those were some extra-tasty tomatoes.

Iíve potted them up to one gallon for now and canít wait to get them in the garden. I am really looking forward to the taste of fresh homegrown tomatoes again this summer. Thanks, Keith!
Positive bibbykitty
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
April 30, 2006
Keith is wonderful to buy from. Great plants lots of heirloom tomtoes. He was out of a couple of plants I ordered, He sent substitute plants.. Even though my order was far from large he sent two free plants. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for great plants, and fantastic service
Positive blue_lizard
Boerne, TX
December 10, 2005
Excellent, fast and courteous service. Keith goes out of his way to get you the finest tomato plants. The plants all did very well and grew enormous with lots of fruits. The web site is very intuitive and easy to navigate. Way to go Keith!