The scoop on 'Dove Creek Gardens'

Dove Creek Gardens

8240 Brunswick Rd
Millington, Tennessee 38053 (United States)

Phone: 901-829-2306
Fax: 901-829-2265

Visit Dove Creek Gardens at:

» Like them on Facebook
This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Editor's Comment:
Closed Per a note from a local customer, this business has closed.

Comments:

Neutral fdeckter
Philadelphia, PA
April 25, 2013
I ordered from Dove Creek last year. What I ordered was received in good condition. The gentleman even sent me an extra plant of Black Mondo grass.

But have tried to contact this company this year by phone and by email and I get no response. I am missing their receipt which I believe was never received.

Their website seems to be defunct as well. Are they then out of business?

Positive Nansea27
Statesville, NC
July 24, 2010
Posted on April 16, 2010, updated July 24, 2010
I recently ordered 6 Blue Heavy Metal Switchgrass, which arrived promptly. My problem is in the puny size of the plants. Each pot had about two blades of the grass - for $5.99. So far they are alive, but I was disappointed in the plants. I'll try to report later, how they are doing.
On July 24th, 2010, Nansea27 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Mid July and all the Heavy Metal are doing great. They are about 2-3' tall and in bloom. Yes, I would use the Dove Creek Gardens for more hard to find native grasses.
Company representative comment on April 28, 2010:
On Apr 28, 2010 5:42 PM, Dove Creek Gardens responded with:

I'm sorry that you were disappointed, but please consider that they were coming out of dormancy and they die back to the ground when they go dormant. We will warranty them for a full year so there should be no worries about whether or not they will grow.

Positive trackinsand
mid central, FL (Zone 9a)
June 17, 2010
i like the fact that you don't have to have a minimum order because i needed one dwarf pampas grass. i ordered it last week and was pleased with the communication regarding sale and shipment. it arrived today and i'm very happy with the plant.
i'll be looking to this company when i expand the garden and add more grasses.
thanks so much, dove creek!
Positive glasstoad
Omaha, NE
April 30, 2008
I received 5 giant sacaton all in great shape. They are about a foot tall and 8-10 blades per plant. The pots were moist and packaged very well for their trip from TN to NE. This was my first experience with them and will be doing more business with them in the future. Nice job.
Positive stickfigure
Wallingford, PA
July 20, 2007
Large selection of grasses at great prices. Plants were healthy and as described. One grass had dried out during shipping (probably due to a delay at UPS). When I contacted them they responded immediately and when it did not recover they sent a replacement. They were very friendly and quick to get back to me through the whole process. I would definately recomend them.
Positive wooffi
Arlington, TN (Zone 7a)
April 26, 2007
The folks from dove creek have set up in our nursery the last couple of Saturdays.

I have to say the raise an impressive variety of grasses, sedges and carex.

Wonderful looking plants. They will be our source of grasses and to us they are local.

Michael & Jennifer
Positive snapple45
Holland, OH (Zone 5b)
August 12, 2006
Very happy with the ornamental grasses I received today. Shipped quickly, packed with care and healthy, vigorous plants. Won't hesitate to order from them again. Good value as well.
Positive mailtome
Alpharetta, GA
June 10, 2006
Email questions promptly & thoroughly answered. Ornamental Grass arrived promptly. Well packaged; looked fabulous! Planted ~2 months ago; they are thriving! EXCELLENT experience!!
Positive cheyjohn
Hammond, IN (Zone 6a)
July 8, 2005
My son ordered 2 types of ornamental grasses from this company through their Ebay store. They arrived quickly and were very healthy plants. They included planting instructions and also a pamphlet with a listing of their other plants. He is very happy with the plants that he received. They were in small plastic pots and wrapped for protection. We will buy from them again.