The scoop on 'Rogue Valley Roses'

Rogue Valley Roses

Phoenix, Oregon 97535 (United States)

Phone: 541-535-1307
Fax: 541-535-1307

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Negative jackiengibson
Indianapolis, IN
February 26, 2014
The two plants I received last spring looked healthy and grew well. One which was supposed to be the single pink rose Dainty Bess bloomed yellow and double. I contacted the company in June, sent a photo of the bloom, and was assured that they would send me the correct rose. I never heard from them again. When I emailed again in October to ask whether they would be sending me a Dainty Bess for spring 2014, they did not respond.
Positive Patty57
Wake Forest, NC (Zone 7b)
January 24, 2014
Rec'd my shipment of roses from Janet and was pleased with the health of the plants and the packing. Communication was also very satisfactory as I had made multiple calls to her and she was kind and patient during our phone conversations. Look forward to introducing these new roses in my garden.
Neutral musaboru
Ontario, CA
June 26, 2013
I ordered, last year, three bands which was quite pricey for the size I got. All these fees add up to a lot. But I had a strong lust for Paul Barden hybrids.

The Siren's Keep I received croaked after a few months because it was just too puny and couldn't keep up with the harsh heat here in So Cal. I feel if the plant was more grown-out with a better root system before it was sent then I'm sure I would still have a Siren's Keep today.

The other two I got are doing good, but I won't be ordering from Rogue Valley again because I don't feel the value is worth the price. I got mediocre bands! It's a shame because they are the only mail-order source for Paul Barden roses.
Positive Leenechan
Cheshire, CT
June 25, 2013
Posted on June 24, 2013, updated June 25, 2013
I have been ordering from RVR for two years and probably have about fifteen roses from them. Some of the bands I've received have been small, but many of them have been large and they've all done well in my garden. I've been especially impressed with some of the roses I received from them this spring. Belle de Crecy, Alchymist and Marianne are all once-bloomers, and I was overjoyed that they arrived with buds.

Unfortunately, last year I ordered Duchesse de Montebello (a pale pink Gallica rose) from them and it did not have buds. I received it as a small band with very healthy roots and it took off like crazy in my garden. Within a month it had outpaced a lot of my gallon roses.

I had wanted DdM for a long time, and was overjoyed that it was doing so well. However, this spring when it bloomed for the first time I was dismayed to discover that it was a deep pink/red Gallica with a prominent green vegetal center--it was not DdM. I'm not sure what it is, but it looks like either Duc de Guiche or Belle Herminie. I emailed RVR and used their contact form to report the error. I received one response on 6/12 stating that they were very busy and would be back to me on the following Friday (6/14). I never got another message--that was the last I heard from them. I tried contacting them with more photos a week after that response (6/19) and when I still didn't get a response I sent them another mail on the 23rd. I still haven't received a response regarding this order. I'm getting very concerned because Duchesse de Montebello is a rare rose and I have no other way to purchase it. Also, it's tough when you spend a year patiently tending to a rose that only blooms once only to discover it wasn't what you ordered. I probably wouldn't be so concerned if it were a repeat bloomer.

I'm not very happy to have to resort to posting to a public forum about this issue, but I'm not getting any response from them all. I could call them, but it's a toll number and considering that I would need photo evidence to prove my case, and you can't send that over the phone, there doesn't seem to be much point.

I don't know if they aren't contacting me because they're busy, or because they're losing my messages. I've been happy with RVR for two years, but if this issue isn't resolved in the next couple of weeks I'm going to lose faith with them. I don't think I can order from a rose nursery I can't trust.
On June 25th, 2013, Leenechan changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Shortly after posting my review I received a very kind response from RVR,. There was a mix-up, but the issue has now been resolved--I'll be receiving my replacement Duchesse de Montebello free of charge. Other than my difficulty in contacting them, I have been very happy with my experience with this company. I do plan on continuing doing business with them in the future.
Positive danyayers
Escondido, CA
June 6, 2013
Posted on June 3, 2013, updated June 6, 2013
I ordered some from Rogue Valley. When they arrived, I was dismayed to see that they had sent us barely alive short stems. They weren't healthy from the start, but as we are in California and the weather has been mild I planted them and did everything they advised and hoped they would "rally". They never did anything except get worse and worse and "deader and deader". I finally had to admit defeat after trying for several months. I filled out the form they supply, asking them to honor their guarantee and replace them. It took nearly a month to get a response from them. When we finally did hear from them, they said "We can replace dead roses if you agree to pay the shipping and handling on these roses. Just let us know what you would like to do and I can put together an order for you". We agreed to pay the shipping, and paid it that day. Five days later we got an email saying, "Hello Jerry, I am writing to let you know that we will not have Brass Band available at this time. I hope to have more ready in the fall at which time we can send them out to you. I am sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience." I went out on the website, and it says that they still have one left. I emailed them and asked if they would send me the one that they apparently have left (despite what the email they sent me said), and give me a refund on the second one. Based on how long it took to get a response, I anticipate that I will hear from hear in another 3 weeks, and that they will tell me they no longer have any, oops, sorry...
I am saddened by this. They seem to have good feedback and a good reputation. I ordered one of these for my mother for Mother's Day. Looks like she won't be getting one this year, at least
On June 6th, 2013, danyayers changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I was WRONG when I gave this company negative feedback and would like to apologize and set the record straight. Janet, the owner of this company, called me personally and we spent a lot of time discussing what happened. Things happen, mistakes are made, but to me the mark of a great company is when they are willing to talk to you, find out what happened, do what they can to fix error, and "make things right". You do not find that kind of integrity in very many companies any more. She did everything she could to right the mistakes, somehow managed to find a Brass Band rose (EVERYONE is out of them right now) and is sending it. She really cared. Amazing, in this day and age of bad customer service and impersonal companies. RVR definitely will have me as a repeat customer.
Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
April 13, 2013
I got four old roses and one free rose. I could have gotten a mystery rose as well, but I don't have room for that many roses. I ordered all bands, and got all bands. All of the roses have good root systems, but are not rootbound. They all have appropriate top growth. They all look healthy. The packaging was excellent.
Positive Rosa_Alba
Olympia, WA
April 1, 2013
I was surprised to find that I hadn't left feedback on my experience with RVR. I purchased a band Rosa Maxima 3 years ago. As expected, I received a small plant, but it was well-rooted and I appreciated the very careful packaging. I planted it directly into the ground and it has done very well, producing 2 roses last year. This was my first experience with purchasing bands and while I'd be more inclined to pot up a more tender variety in future, I was very, very happy with the health of the plant I received and would be happy to order from Rogue again.
Positive Old_Gardener
Calabasas, CA
October 4, 2012
Posted on July 13, 2012, updated October 4, 2012
Posted on July 11, 2012, updated July 13, 2012
Posted on July 10, 2012, updated July 11, 2012
Posted on April 28, 2012, updated July 10, 2012
Posted on April 24, 2012, updated April 28, 2012
Placed an order on 4/8 and received 2 e-mails the same day with a shipping day of 4/23. Late afternoon on 4/23, I checked my account hoping for a tracking number as I had not received a shipment notice from Rogue. I noticed then that my status showed "completed" as of 4/10. I immediately emailed Rogue for clarification - why was the order "completed" as of 4/10 (13 days prior to the intended shipping date that they sent me), had the order been shipped, and, if so, when did it ship? I have not received a response but as it has only been 1+ full days so far, I am hoping that they'll get around to responding soon....
On April 28th, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

I contacted RVR on Tuesday via their website and received no reply so I phoned Rogue Valley on Wednesday (toll call). I spoke with the shipping department and was informed that the roses had shipped that morning (the 25th). I did not receive any type of shipping notice/tracking number but did receive my order on Friday (27th). The roses are 8-12" tall, well-packed, and have perked up. A couple of hours after receiving them, I received a response to Tuesdays' contact letting me know that my roses had been sent and to please contact them if I did not receive them by Monday the 30th (again, no tracking number but as I already had received them, this was no longer an issue). Also, RVR explained that the order is marked "completed" when it is printed out and filed for shipping. All in all, I have mixed feelings - the roses are fine but communication is poor although the gentleman in shipping was helpful and courteous.
On July 10th, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

My "Double Delight" bloomed yesterday - as a small, red (2.5-3"), lightly fragrant rose. I contacted RVR immediately and sent pictures and, for now, they are "investigating". It is a shame that this was my first (trial) order with RVR as I am now hesitant to purchase any additional roses from them even though all 3 rose bushes are growing well. Hopefully, there will be a quick resolution to this mis-labeled rose.
On July 11th, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

I received a ship notice today (Wednesday) for a new Double Delight to be delivered on Friday.
On July 13th, 2012, Old_Gardener changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I have to upgrade to a positive rating even though this has been a rough order. I received the "Double Delight" replacement today and RVR absolutely exceeded my expectations. Not only did they send me 2 plants, but the roots on both roses absolutely fill their bands - very extensive and very healthy. Thank you, Rogue Valley, for making this a positive experience after all - I truly appreciate it!
On October 4th, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

I placed a new order last week for Mme Curie and a "mystery" rose. I received them today and am very pleased with both bands. Definitely a *positive* experience.
Positive roseblood13
Austin, TX
May 20, 2012
I have been ordering roses for years from this company. Most of my experiences have been good. Recently though I have been informed that my rose choices were in stock, but could not be sent because there was some question as to their identity. This has happened on 2 separate rose orders. It has shaken my confidence somewhat as to their methods. James has been courteous and intelligent both times I have called to try and get answers. I have spoken with a lady a few times who has sounded indifferent to my concerns. In any event I would like to know if other people are running into the same problem with misidentified roses they are waiting on. Overall my experience has been good and the people are helpful, but at some point people will expect more from a business
Negative Scooty
Peterborough
United States
May 20, 2012
Posted on May 17, 2012, updated May 20, 2012
I just received 5 different roses and 1 gift rose. Two roses was fine and of decent size, albeit still small for the price they charge. The third rose had one of the two main stems broken.The fourth rose was 7 inches tall, so below par for me. The gift rose was 6 inches tall.
I e-mailed the company but have not received an answer yet. Will update this comment next week with the final results.
At this moment I would not order from them again based on the very small size of half of the shipment.
On May 20th, 2012, Scooty changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

I just received an email from the owner Janet. She suggested trimming the broken cane to the first bud below. This will leave me with a rose with 1 cane of about 5-6 inches and one of 8 inches.
The reason two of the roses are so small was the cold spring they had in Oregon. Paying over $100,- for 4 bands inclusive shipping is not worth the price in this case.
Positive Pegash
Whitehall NY
United States
May 17, 2012
I am restoring the garden at Skene Manor in Whitehall. I have to use heirloom everything because of the historical designation of the property. I spoke with Janet, the owner for over an hour one evening and explained my situation and she made some recommendations from the list of roses I was interested in. So, I ordered 18 roses. Because of the budget I was allocated I had to purchase mostly bands but did get 2 of the roses in gallon size.

They arrived today and I excitedly opened both boxes (which took awhile to remove the roses because of the very careful packing):)
Two of the bushes were blooming as I unwrapped them with an exquisite rose fragrance, and every other rose had multiple buds almost ready to open. They were larger plants then I expected, because in the past I have ordered from other heirloom rose places and have paid close to $80 per rose for plants smaller than these! I am more than pleased with these roses. I planted half today and I will finish planting the rest tomorrow. The root systems were perfect and the packaging was done with such care I did not lose one single leaf! I don't understand why some people expect bands to be huge and roots coming out the bottom. This company is not Walmart's or Kmart where the roses have sat in a plastic sack, waxed and dried out for a year on different root stock. Geesh....I am a historical landscaper and this is the best company for heirloom roses I have come across, ever!

Their website makes my jobs that much easier as I can look by year the rose was introduced or found. This is their busy season so you might want to cut them a break regarding communication. Just call them again.

I also, got a call to clarify my address before they shipped Tuesday.
Neutral bluebuster77
Belmont, CA
March 30, 2012
Posted on February 6, 2012, updated March 30, 2012
According to top 5 list, I ordered 6 bands from Rogue Valley. One still waiting due to not meeting their standard. I tend to choose neutral, two thing I'm not happy about rose packing and size of rose. I think packaging need to improved by different way, too much tape and I almost cut my roses. Two of the roses are like a stick and short. But this is not necessary to be negative feedback. I realized that they try to keep my roses secured and safe, rose roots in band pot not very strong and easy to fall apart. Also I learned about nature of own root roses, it's seems stick but lots of leaves came from stem's joint when weather is warmer and of couse I grow with EB stone rose mix. I'm Happy. Be patiant! Don't be MAD MAN like me :)
On March 30th, 2012, bluebuster77 changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

I think I'm not overjudging on size of the roses. Roses are exactly like barely alive short stem. I have to put more effort to raise them and make sure my roses were not die. I expected well rooted plants with few leaves but Rogue valley roses are not like that. Packaging was terrible, I lost few sprouts from their short stem rose :( I rather like to thanks EB stone to saving those roses.
Positive LRandolph
Combee Settlement, FL
October 21, 2011
I can't say enough good things about my experiences with Rogue Valley Roses. I made three orders this past growing season, all gifts for my mother's garden in KY. The first was for 12 bands, second was for 12 bands and third was for 14 bands. With their specials this year, that meant I also got to choose 12 free roses and they threw in an additional 12 unlabelled/lost tag roses. Their band prices were already competetive with other heirloom rose vendors, but the freebies made them impossible to beat.

The bands all arrived in great shape. 30-40% of them were in bloom or bud upon arrival. Most were 8"-12", but some were closer to 18", and yes, a few were smaller - but very healthy. Since planting, all have bloomed and most have bloomed several times, all have grown considerably (and the Darlow's Enigma is at least 5X its original size). We didn't lose any, in spite of many days of 100+ degree heat.

The website was easy to navigate, the selection was incredible, and all communication was excellent. I even got a phone call about the mailing address (the USPS website wants to default my mom's farm adress to East instead of West) - they just wanted to make sure the roses made to me quickly.
Positive MajiA
Kenner, LA
September 28, 2011
Ordered two own root bands and they arrived on the promised date well packed and hydrated. Very good planting instructions included and hope the bands take off.
Positive phdler
Homer, NY
July 25, 2011
Posted on July 25, 2011, updated July 25, 2011
Posted on May 27, 2010, updated July 25, 2011
My first time ordering from this company and was very pleased. Roses arrived sooner than I hoped but were carefully packed, seem to be VERY healthy and the one gallon plant was loaded with buds - which I appreciate a lot since it only blooms once a year! Very strong root systems on all three heirloom roses. Pricey, but for HTF old garden roses, check them out.
On July 25th, 2011, phdler added the following:

2011: Still positive but not as great as last time I ordered from them. Most of the roses were in very good condition. However, I ordered two of the same variety and one plant was extraordinary but the other was less than a quarter of the size, almost leafless, and only in fair condition. We planted it and it has picked up but still not up to snuff with their other roses. Also found out this year that one of the own-root Grus un Aachens I ordered from them in the past was mislabeled as it bloomed this year and was a bright rose color.
On July 25th, 2011, phdler added the following:

2011: Still positive but not as great as last time I ordered from them. Most of the roses were in very good condition. Some were outstanding.

However, I ordered two of the same variety and one plant was extraordinary but the other was puny, almost leafless, and only in fair condition. We planted it and it has picked up but still not up to snuff with their other roses. Also found out this year that one of the own-root Grus un Aachens I ordered from them in the past was mislabeled as it bloomed this year and was a bright rose color. A pretty rose, but a bit out of place in my color scheme for that part of the garden.
Positive Logophile
Charleston, IL (Zone 6a)
July 16, 2011
I ordered two rose bands from Rogue Valley Roses in late April of this year. The packaging was excellent: Although the outer carton was quite the worse for wear when it arrived, the inner packaging kept the plants well-protected (if a struggle to open!). Both plants were still well-hydrated and larger (one much larger) than I expected. They are doing well by midsummer.

Though the price was a little higher than I could otherwise have found, the healthy plants I received were well worth it, and the money I saved by not ordering gallons made these roses a particularly good value. I would not hesitate to order from Rogue Valley again.
Positive bungalow1056
Winston-Salem, NC (Zone 7b)
July 4, 2011
I've ordered 10 or so bands from RVR in the last several months. All have been healthy. All have established themselves quickly after planting. Shipping is reasonable and the staff is friendly. Their inventory of OGR's is one of the better that I've found.
Positive grownsk
Star City, AR
June 3, 2011
Posted on April 14, 2011, updated June 3, 2011
I'd like to say that I had a pleasant experience with RVR....I would say that their communication on order status updates could be better but I am happy with the company and would order from them again. I ordered a band of Cardinal de Richelieu which arrived in good condition and was a nice size plant....It did have a few broken branches and few leaves but I think with a little TLC it will really take off...I would suggest anyone buy from this good company!
On June 3rd, 2011, grownsk added the following:

Just received another order in from RVR....The band was not much more than a rooted cutting...It was one stem maybe 6 inches tall that was extremely new growth although it did have a bud in place....I was in shock after seeing the difference between this band and the one I received previously. I will still order from this company again although I won't get my hopes up in expecting a nice size plant...So long as the plant lives this rating is still positive. BTW the first band I ordered is really starting to take off and has really leafed out well.
Positive dfischer
Eugene, OR
March 31, 2011
I recently placed an order with Rogue Valley Nursery. Not all the plants were shipped as should have been. I contacted them and explained about the missing plants. The person that I talked to was very polite. She told me that they would check into the problem. About a week later I was notified by e-mail that the problem had been identified and they were sending out the roses the next week. While mistakes are regretable, their courtious and responsive handling of this situation have earned them a loyal customer. Oh, the roses that I received were well developed, healthy and hardy. They are in the ground now and appear to be doing well.
Positive plantingoaks
Marysville, OH (Zone 5b)
March 15, 2011
I ordered four band size roses from rogue valley in the spring of 2010, I also received a free 'split stem' rose, as per a promotion they were running at the time.

I was very concerned when the package arrived, as I knew it had traveled cross country, and it arrived bent in the middle, on a warm day, and my husband had set it on end, unopened, in the garage (!?!) while I was at work, so things were not off to a good start.

However, the plants inside were still in excellent condition with no broken stems. Some of the soil was a bit dry, and made a mess as I tried to unwrap things, but the plants themselves were not wilted. Getting everything unpackaged was a bit of an ordeal, but given the condition of the box, and the fact that some of the plants had been literally hanging upside down, I think that is a good tradeoff. These people know how to pack their plants to survive whatever the shipping service dishes out.

On planting, the plants were quite small, with one or two spindly stems (to be expected from bands) but they all appeared to have well developed roots and survived with no additional coddling. By fall they were comparable in size to a gallon plant you might buy at a local nursery. The split stem 'freebie' plant grew as well as the others, and seemed to suffer no ill-effects from the visible split.

I am very impressed by their selection, and am pleased to have a source for small, shippable, reasonably priced specimens of some of the more obscure old garden roses. The quality of the plants received is everything that I would expect.
Positive anelson77
Seattle, WA
February 9, 2011
My order arrived promptly. The roses were extremely carefully packed and in good condition.
Neutral gennyga
Decatur, GA
August 19, 2010
Yesterday I received six bands from this nursery. Let me just say that the packing of these plants was ridiculously excessive. I nearly killed them trying to get the tape off of their pots. I spent a good half hour trying to free them from this overkill of taping them to the box, each other, and the plants themselves. Invest in some reasonable form of packing, especially when you charge an inordinately high cost for shipping. (Take a clue from Santa Rosa Gardens - they have simple, quality packing and don't charge for extra for it).
The bands were reasonably healthy - especially the New Dawns - and Blossomtime had a bloom on it. However, the others are a little wilted, but I will reserve judgment as it is late in the summer. We shall see . . .
Positive mizar5
Merritt Island, FL (Zone 9b)
August 4, 2010
Wow.

Very fast shipping and my roses (7 bands) were VERY well packed. Arrived in great shape. I could not be happier with my experience with this company so far.

I sent one email -- just an additional question I had -- and it was answered promptly.

They also sent a tracking email so I knew when to expect the roses.

I love that they ship all year long.

I will definitely buy from Rogue Valley Roses again.
Positive AquaEyes11010
Franklin Square, NY
June 18, 2010
I've become a new fan of old roses, but I didn't get to grow any of my own yet. My first chance came when I got to put together a garden for the end of my street with money from my city (Buffalo, NY). I planted four large beds of perennials, and incorporated 8 different gallica and 8 different alba roses I ordered from RVR as bands. One was sold out in that size, so I upgraded to the 1 gallon. I also received four unlabeled "mystery" bands and four labeled "split-stem" bands.

All came looking good, and were immediately potted on into 5 gallon nursery pots with a mix of 3 parts topsoil, 3 parts peat moss, 2 part composted cow manure, 1 part cedar mulch and 2 tablespoons each of organic rose food and bonemeal. All but one of the bands ordered (Great Maiden's Blush - Alba) and one of the split-stems (Souv. du Pres. Lincoln - Bourbon) quickly started showing new growth, and after two months of TLC they were planted out. The two which didn't show much new growth finally wilted and died. The others had all at least doubled in size by the time they were planted.

Before that, I was already hooked, and decided to order another 15 bands for myself, this time choosing reblooming antiques from among the bourbon, portland and hybrid perpetual classes. After the order was placed but before it arrived I called RVR to mention that one of the bands I ordered previously didn't make it (the split stem was a freebie, so I'm not concerned about replacing that) and if there was still time to include a replacement in with my new order. I found out I had just missed it, but that they'd just send another box with the replacement.

I haven't received it yet, but even still, I am amazed at the selection, quality and customer service with RVR. Even though I'm on the east coast, I believe in rewarding good behavior with business, so RVR will be my first-choice rose source from here on in. There are very few on my long "wish list" that aren't available from them. If you're looking to try growing roses from bands, and want a huge inventory from which to choose, I'd highly recommend RVR.
Neutral stone_garden
Burtonsville, MD
May 6, 2010
This was my first time ordering from Rogue Valley Roses so I will leave the rating neutral for now. For me, they were a pricey splurge on two favorite oldies that I once purchased at a third of the cost (sigh) - but they were the only place I could find the old miniature "Strawberry Swirl" and I ordered an old favorite "Medallion" as well. Did appreciate the VERY careful packing - these are bands and the miniature seems like what I typically receive, a healthy cutting with buds and new growth that (hope) will fill a pot by summer's end. The hybrid tea was smaller than I would have expected (10" or so) but seems healthy enough. Will carefully grow these on in pots as per enclosed detailed instructions. The price (for me) was high but at least there are nurseries preserving old varieties in a world swamped with "Knockout" shrub roses. Will change rating when I have more information as to the amount of roots, for now these are resting after a long trip - but yes, for now I would say feel confident if purchasing from these growers.
Positive EffieH
Amston, CT (Zone 6b)
May 5, 2010
I had a GREAT experience with this company -- so glad to be able to give them a good review here! They confirmed my order quickly via email -- received my rose (rosa hugonis) within a week and it was large and very healthy! I am very impressed and will definitely order from them again!
Positive princesskatja
Puyallup, WA
April 4, 2010
I have ordered dozens of roses from Rogue Valley Roses over the past 5 years. Gallons and bands both. At this point, they are definitely the first on my list for roses.

In terms of winter survival, I've had more success with their bands than I've had with grafted roses from local nurseries or bands from other mail-order providers. Bands seem to vary a lot in terms of vigor in their first few years and definitely take some patience! Roses are individuals - your mileage will vary! If you want more instant results, then bands are not for you.

I've always had excellent customer service and outstandingly healthy roses from Rogue Valley. I'm surprised to hear someone report small roots - mine have always had reasonably robust roots for their size. Mislabeling is very rare, which is more than I can say from others I've patronized.
Negative salt1light
Puyallup, WA
March 11, 2010
Website stated "$2 off gallons". I ordered 2 - 1 gal roses, online 2/17/10. The website did not allow for the $2 reduction. I telephoned before completing my order and was told that their online system does not allow for the $2 reduction, but that upon receiving my order, they would manually make the 2 x $2 ($4) adjustment.
The adjustment never came. I emailed them 3/3/10 regarding my $4 adjustment. I did not receive a response. I will not follow-up another time. Will not order from them again.
Neutral Lucy11
Encino, CA
September 24, 2009
First time buyer. I ordered 4 bands. Packaging-great, shipping-fast, customer service-superb, merchandise-not so much...Cuttings is a better phrase than bands to describe them. I could overlook the size but the invisible "presence" of root system is a more serious issue. I'm crossing my fingers...I'm hoping that their class strength (Alba, Gallica and Damask) will pull them thru.
Positive sunnynparadise
Tacoma, WA (Zone 8b)
July 9, 2009
I ordered my first order from Rogue Valley Roses in June and the order was received promptly. Unfortunately everything was sold out so I was only able to order bands instead of gallons. The prices were very reasonable. I am creating a thornless rose area because I have a little boy and I want him to enjoy them without the danger of getting scratched as much. The roses were packed nicely and one was too small to ship but they gave me the option to substitute so I am just waiting to place another order. I will definitely order from them again. I would love to visit this nursery. I thought their customer service was excellent.
Positive floria
Athens, GA (Zone 8a)
June 4, 2009
This is the first time I ordered from Rogue Valley Roses. The order was somewhat large- more than 20 roses. Generally, I agree with the posting by vossner: I received small plants, but they were very healthy and grew fast (I re-potted all of them). They do carry a lot of special roses. Upon receipt, most roses had the soil strewn around in the box, but this did not prevent them from recovering quickly. Two roses dried out during the first week and one was mislabeled. While it took some time (over a month of messages), they were in the end replaced at no cost to me. Janet Inada (the owner) responded promptly and graciously to my concerns - she had to go away for personal reasons, which explained the delay. I will most order again from this company.
Positive wrenhill
Decorah, IA
May 23, 2009
This was my first order with Roque Valley Roses and I am very happy with the well packaged, healthy roses I received. I am pushing the hardiness zone with a few of my selections, but that is between me and mother nature--I am always willing to give it a try if it is something I really want. I will surely do business with this company again and will think of them when the scent of roses fills the air in my yard.
Positive garyt
Presque Isle, MI (Zone 5a)
May 15, 2009
I received 5 band roses, all were excellent quality, two of the roses had buds on them. Excellent packing.

Garyt
Positive MaryAnn_VA
Charlottesville, VA
April 28, 2009
I recently ordered 3 bands; they were sent quickly and were very well packaged and very healthy. One of the bands was incorrect; I emailed the company and they immediately sent me the correct plant and told me to keep the incorrect one. I was very pleased with the quality of the roses I received and with the excellent customer service. I can definitely recommend them.
Positive loveblossoms
CA
United States (Zone 8b)
March 12, 2009
Wonderful! Beautiful! Excellent! This was my first rose purchase from Rogue Valley Roses and I could not be more delighted. I ordered four rose plats from them with great expectations and they delivered. Their customer service is spectacular. Personable, helpful and prompt communication. Exceptionally packaged plants--very secure! Healthy plants and great selection of roses. Teena and Heidi, thanks so much ladies! I'll be sure to check back with you for more lovely roses in the future! God bless!
On March 12th, 2009, loveblossoms added the following:

that's "plants," not "plats." i don't believe their in the business of "plat" sales!
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
February 16, 2009
I bought some bands because the prices are very reasonable but was a little concerned because I received sticks. They were healthy and in less than 1 month I have full healthy plants. Their website is very user friendly and they carry a lot of special roses.
Positive Marisa_K
Lincoln, CA (Zone 8b)
January 8, 2009
I had an all-around great experience ordering from Rogue Valley Roses. They grow all the old garden roses I was looking for. Janet was very nice, very helpful, and when I had questions she responded right away. My nine roses arrived today, two days after they were shipped, fresh and perky and covered in buds, not a thorn out of place. I will absolutely order from RVR again.
Positive chicochi3
Fayetteville, AR (Zone 6b)
December 11, 2008
My first time doing business with this company, and so far I am quite pleased. Everything excellent!
Positive timbers
Vallejo, CA
October 29, 2008
My plants arrived in record time, and were so securely packed that I had trouble getting them unpacked. As an added bonus, Perfume Delight had a beautiful very fragrant bloom.
Positive rosesnpots
Virginia Beach, VA
October 24, 2008
Living on the east coast, I usually do not purchase roses from the other side of the country because of length of shipping and costs. However, since Rogue Valley Roses was the only vendor where I could purchase the 2 Paul Barden roses I have been wanting for a long time I took the chance and was very pleased. The 2 roses arrived on time as promised in wonderfull condition. They responded all my emails quickly and answered all questions truthfully. I will do business with them again.