The scoop on 'Guy Wrinkle Rare Exotic Plants'

Guy Wrinkle Rare Exotic Plants

11610 Addison Street
North Hollywood, California 91601 (United States)

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink

This company offers a variety of bulbs and plants.

Comments:

Positive lakesidecallas
Dandridge, TN (Zone 6a)
June 22, 2011
He invited me to call him with a special plant request, took my order and shipped it very quickly. It was expensive (to me), but I received an amazing, huge, healthy plant. I'm going to order some more!
Positive dmccarthy
Santa Monica, CA
November 7, 2007
Over the past 5 years I've purchased scores of mature plants from Guy. They have been, without exception, of the highest quality and always healthy.
Positive mitsukurina
Los Angeles, CA
November 6, 2007
I've purchased many hundreds of dollars of plants from Guy and recommend him unreservedly. Always great plants - usually established - and never dead or dying as others have apparently found. Packs his plants well and ships on time. He's one of my favorite sources for seriously rare plants.
Neutral gowron
Athens, GA
May 29, 2007
Check their website under "Articles", the "article" about collecting plants from the wild. These people obviosuly condone (and perhaps practice?) collection of wild specimens, by offering locals "significant amounts of money". If you care about ecosystem preservation, think hard before you buy from them - I never did and never will, for this reason.
Negative litchi
San Jose, CA
May 29, 2007
I mistakenly thought that I could get a chance to see his growing range and save on shipping at the same time if I went in person. Instead, I was treated rudely, not allowed to see his range (not because he was busy with other things), and not allowed to choose my own plants for purchase. Had I known ahead of time, I might have just opted to mail order. To add insult to injury, the owner picked out a plant that was rotting. I pointed this out to his "partner" who after showing signs of embarrassment, went out to get a replacement. Another strange practice of his was that he would run your credit card even before you arrived to pick up your plants. Unpleasant experience and not the nicest of people, either.
Positive SDCA
San Diego, CA
August 23, 2006
I recently got a quick jump on a sale item. An ~4" caudex Encephalartos at a ridiculously low price. Item was as advertised and arrived quickly. I am pleased with my experience.

Negative JUNGLEGAL
st pete, FL (Zone 10a)
May 23, 2006
Was not pleased with the condition of the plant I received.
Please see for yourself. Here is what $30 bucks gets you.
I emailed him about the condition of this plant and have yet to hear back from him. I cannot recommend this company
Negative greenemann
Pompano Beach, FL (Zone 10a)
August 22, 2005
Received plants (Adenium) with the worst infestation of spider mites I've ever seen, and I've been in the nursery business nearly 20 years!
In addition to the mites one of the plants had a moderate to severe infestation of mealybugs.
Neutral grhse147
Southampton, NY
October 3, 2004
Has plants that no one else offers - particularly rare South African bulbs. Higher priced items are great - but lower cost things, bulbs especially, often minuscule. Postage charged greatly in excess of actual rates!