The scoop on 'Garden Vision Epimediums'

Garden Vision Epimediums

PO Box 50
Templeton, Massachusetts 01468 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Comments:

Positive Patty57
Wake Forest, NC (Zone 7b)
October 18, 2013
Just rec'd my first shipment of epimediums from Karen and they are very healthy and packed well. I spent many hours on her site as it's beautiful with wonderful pictures of her plants/descriptions. Will order again from her. AAA+++
Positive Ginda
WELLESLEY HILLS, MA
May 27, 2013
Posted on May 27, 2013, updated May 27, 2013
I have purchased several epimediums from Garden visions over the years, from back when Darryl Probst was running it, through as recently as two years ago under new management. They have an enormous selection, and a beautifully illustrated catalog. All the plants are true to name, and all have been healthy and well packaged. Karen is also helpful via email with questions about how to best divide the plants, what cultivars would be best for particular purposes, etc. Really a top quality vendor, and the epimedium specialists.
On May 27th, 2013, Ginda added the following:

Oops, my most recent purchase was last spring, not two years ago. Got a beautiful variagated one, as well as some others.
Positive MmeW
May 11, 2010
I just visited GVE at their annual open house last weekend and I was really impressed by how well the plants were grown and how comprehesive the epimedium collection was. Pretty much everything at the tranquil and beautifully laid-out nursery was for sale, even some species new to science. Darrel and Karen were very friendly and patient in answering my questions. The plants for sale, even though were potted in small two-inch containers, were expertly raised and had roots protruding though the bottom of their pots. Besides epimediums, GVE also has rock garden irises, miniature astilbes, primulas, jeffersonias, sanguinarias and other companion plants to offer. I highly recommend visiting GVE--you will fall in love with epimediums.
Positive stormyla
Norristown, PA (Zone 6b)
November 24, 2009
I had heard about this company from DGers in the Shade Forum. While I have never mail ordered from this company, I did encounter them as a vendor in the local plant sale from The Hardy Plant Society. I purchased about a dozen of their lesser expensive varieties. They have all grown exceptionally well and are very beautiful. I am looking forward to purchasing some more lovelies from them in the future.
Positive juanwillis
Winchester, MA (Zone 6a)
June 25, 2008
This is *the* place to buy choice Epimediums, as well as unusual woodland Irises. I haven't ordered from them via mail, but I visited their open garden day in May and spent several hours wandering through their incredible selection. I wound up buying 20 plants, all of which had fabulous root systems, bloomed beautifully, and are flourishing. If you have even a passing interest in Epimediums, by all means request Garden Vision's beautiful catalog and give them a try!
Positive fangNJ
New Providence, NJ (Zone 6a)
July 12, 2005
I started to be crazy about epimedium this year. And found out that they are pretty pricy on local and mail order nursery. Then I found Darrell Probst is the one actual goes to china to collect epimedium. He is the one introduced most of epimedium to this country. So I requested a catalog. It was beautiful catalog, and the price is very reasonable. I ordered 15 epimedium. They came really big and healthy. Now they are very happy in my shady garden. He also has some iris too.

Anyone who loves epimedium shouldn't miss this website.