The scoop on 'Metzer Farms Duck and Goose Hatchery'

Metzer Farms Duck and Goose Hatchery

26000 Old Stage Road
Gonzales, California 93926 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-424-7755

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive kmneal
Eleanor, WV
July 19, 2014
I live on a small farm, in West Virginia, and I'm very pleased with the quality of waterfowl Metzer Farms provides. I've purchased several geese from Metzer and they are all very healthy. I had a small issue with one shipment, and I received replacement goslings quickly. The customer service is exceptional, I even spoke to Mr. Metzer about dealing with a difficult postmaster and he helped me find another way get my geese. I highly recommend Metzer Farms to anyone who wants quality waterfowl at a reasonable price. I may order some Embden geese from Holderread next year because I'd like to see for myself if they are over 40" tall, but, for all intents and purposes, Metzer Farms waterfowl is superior to all the other large hatcheries in the U.S.A.

Positive Blueladyraine
Winchester, KY (Zone 6a)
March 24, 2014
I've ordered several batches of ducklings from Metzer Farms, and the birds have always been packed very well, and have arrived in good health. I really like that they'll do the GroGel in transit, as I think it helps with survival rate. Whenever I've spoken with a service representative, I've been greeted in a kind, knowledgeable manner. They truly have a "community" feel to them, and are EXCELLENT with providing just about anything you need to know about raising your birds.
Positive gldrgrl
Vinalhaven, ME
March 25, 2013
Customer service is amazing, and so is the quality of the birds! My Welsh Harlequin ducks from them get nothing but compliments. They were shipped in the dead of winter (which was very foolish of me) but arrived fine. They were shipped with Gro-Gel and a heat pack.

MF were also very helpful when I had a personal emergency and had to last-minute cancel a shipment of birds. When you call and talk to them, you get a person that you can tell really cares.
Positive ducksncows
Westbrook, ME
January 29, 2013
A +++++!
I have ordered several times from this company and will continue to do so. They raise excellent quality waterfowl and they are always healthy upon arrival.
I had one sexing mishap where I had ordered 12 female harlequins. Out of the 12 I ended up with 9 drakes. I didn't realize it until they were about 3 months old. I sent them an email along with pictures and they immediately apologized and sent me 12 replacement females. (I know that doesn't sound good but that only ever happened once. After that they have been dead on with all the sexed birds I ordered). And that goes to show how great their customer service is! Great people to do business with and an excellent selection of birds.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to anyone :)
Positive grgarden
Freeman, SD
January 24, 2012
I have bought ducklings from these people for nearly twenty years. I buy them several hundred at a time. They are top quality and arrive in great condition. The people are helpful on the phone and I highly recommend them.
Positive gecko11
Seattle, WA
February 22, 2011
A wonderful hatchery! I took a picture of myself with their catalogue at the Seattle Space Needle, and they sent me a $40 gift certificate! The Welsh Harlequin and Cayuga ducks are calm, healthy, incredible layers. They reply personally and promptly to e-mails. Their website is also a great resource for everything waterfowl.
Positive stchmp06
Heath Springs, SC
May 13, 2009
this is an excellent place to buy ducks from. they are very polite, and the customer service is exceptional. they are very easy to get in touch with whether it is through phone or email. i received my ducks this morning, on the day i was told. they sent an extra duckling that died, but the others are very hyper and energetic. they also seem to be very healthy, not to mention they are super cute! my family and i are going to enjoy watching the ducklings grow. thanks metzer farms! you will be hearing from me again soon!
Positive kctschida
Statesboro, GA
March 12, 2009
I got four of my ducks from Metzer Farms, and it has been the best investment I made. Their customer service is superb and they take time to answer any of your questions.
Positive akflowers
Palmer, AK
December 4, 2008
I ordered the brown hybrid ducks as we love using duck eggs for baking. We requested them in Oct. and received them all live and healthy. This is in Alaska, where October is fairly cold, so needless to say, we are very happy. They even put in a couple of extra! They are still laying and are a couple of years old. I plan to buy more from here if I need too. The customer service is wonderful as well. Easy to get a hold of (by phone or email).
Positive gmo123
Brighton, CO
June 12, 2007
They are wonderful. I ordered ducks and geese. They sexed them for a small fee, threw in a free female duckling. Plus they do not have a breed change fee or 1/4 box or 1/2 box fees.
They all arrived alive and are doing well. I am very happy with the waterfowl and their healt and quality.
Their staff is very nice and friendly. I will order from them again.
Positive saanansandy
Sue, RI (Zone 6a)
January 30, 2007
I have ordered twice through this company. The staff is well-informed and pleasant. My ducklings arrived on the date stated and there were extras included. Unfortunetly we lost three the first day and after contacting the company they said to wait another day to make sure everyone else stayed healthy(which they did!). I was refunded for those who didn't make it. The second time everyone made it through with flying(pardon the pun!) colors! Their catalog is very informative with color pictures. I will order with them again.