The scoop on 'Sprainbrook Nursery's Gardening Things'

Sprainbrook Nursery's Gardening Things

448 Underhill Road
Scarsdale, New York 10583 (United States)

Visit Sprainbrook Nursery's Gardening Things at:

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Positive jeannette_w
Scarsdale
United States
September 15, 2011
Sprainbrook is my go to nursery for high quality plants and gardening advice. We've used their landscaping department for foundation planting design and execution. I buy perennials and shrubs, annuals for container gardening and herbs for my kitchen garden. On Mother's Day, it's Mama's treat to go to Sprainbrook. For the holidays, they have a wonderful Christmas greenery selection, especially the wreaths. I've only had one disappointment with an understory tree which was planted and did not thrive. I think it is just too shady for it there. Al's weekly garden email is informative, and educational. No, it's not the cheapest, but experience, guidance, and service are worth the money. Unfortunately, that is not available at discount places such as Home Depot and Stew Leonard's.
Negative pondgaly
delano, PA (Zone 5b)
June 6, 2007
Never ever order from, placed an order in Feb. now it is June still no delivery. E-mail after E-mail no reply.Finally contact they passed the buck on a spam blocker and then blamed Fed-ex. They stated they never saw an address such as mine. Amazing the utilitiy bills have always found me.UPS and Fed-EX found me for the last 20 years .Sprainbrook SHAME ON YOU.
Company representative comment on February 24, 2010:
On Feb 24, 2010 3:26 PM, Sprainbrook Nursery's Gardening Things responded with:

Bummer to find this comment here. We completely dropped the ball. In this case, FedEx returned her package as undeliverable, but we neglected to refund her credit card. After two months went by, she sent email but it was filtered. It does not appear that she ever called the nursery phone number. Once contact was finally made the issue was resolved promptly. We've never had another problem quite like this one.

Positive tsimbler
Yonkers, NY
August 8, 2006
Sprainbrook is one of our local high-end nurseries. It's not the place I go for bargains, but the people who work there are knowledgable and are there year after year, it is not primarily staffed by seasonal day workers. When I need quality and advice and am willing to pay for it this is one of my places to go. Since there were no reviews yet, I thought it worth noting.