The scoop on 'Evergreen Nursery'

Evergreen Nursery

Evergreen Nursery has 265 products listed in PlantScout.

15026 Rhea County Hwy
Evensville, Tennessee 37332 (United States)

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive saradus
Maple Park, IL
July 30, 2014
Earlier this summer I placed my first order with Evergreen. We lost a couple of older (20+) yews this past winter and I had a gap in our foundation plants . I ordered a Juniper, Chamaecyparis, and a couple types of arborvitae. The plants arrived in fantastic condition and were a generous size considering the prices. I see a lot of things in their catalog that I'm adding to my wishlist for next year.
Positive ehearn58
Houston, TX
July 5, 2014
Recently ordered from them. Shipping was fast with timely communication, price was reasonable, plant arrived in great shape and was securely packaged...no spilled soil inside box. Very pleased with service and plant. Have ordered from them in the past and will order from them again.
Positive trackinsand
mid central, FL (Zone 9a)
June 13, 2014
have always wanted a couple Ilex 'Nellie R. Stevens' for my property and finally decided to order online. if i remember correctly, there weren't many places to choose from and i decided on Evergreen Nursery.
they were shipped quickly. the website was easy to navigate and best of all, what i thought would be bareroot shrubs, were very large and just slipped out of their pots. the rootball was intact. they shipped fed ex and the packing was perfectly, not a leaf out of place. very green, healthy, berry laden plants.
i'm very pleased with this purchase!!!
Company representative comment on June 14, 2014:
On Jun 14, 2014 12:06 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Glad to hear you were pleased with your order, and overall shopping experience with us. I don't blame you at all for wanting to purchase a few Nellies.....they're one of my personal favs when it comes to Holly. Such dark green foliage, and the berry size is excellent!!

We have 3 or 4 9yr old specimens planted out by the road frontage on our property - prob close to 9ft tall now, and loaded with berries every year!!

Thanks for your business, and for taking the time to post here regarding your order. We really appreciate it.

Positive Gardeningman
Kingman, KS
May 10, 2014
Evergreen Nursery is an outstanding online nursery. Darren is very helpful and sells top quality plants. I ordered Rosy Glow Barberries, Froebelli Spireas, Gold Mound Spireas, a Diablo Ninebark, and a Shirobana Spirea. I received my order in two days after it shipped just like their shipping map said. Everything was very well packaged and packed. Evergreen Nursery ships each of their plants in in a plastic bag instead of a pot. They shake off much of the soil but there is still quite a bit of soil on the roots. The plants were healthy, and except for a few broken twigs, undamaged.
Darren went over and above on my order. Apparently, he ran out of the size of Rosy Glow Barberries that I ordered, so he gave me the next size larger at no additional charge. I know that he absorbed the cost of the difference in plant sizes as well as the additional $25-$30 in S&H. Darren does things the right way; the way that all nurseries should treat their customers. Darren, if you read this, from now on Evergreen Nursery will be my first stop for my purchasing of plants that you carry. Thanks again for your great quality plants and going out of your way to help your customers. I appreciate it.
Company representative comment on May 10, 2014:
On May 10, 2014 8:25 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Greetings Gardeningman!! Glad to hear that everything arrived in overall good shape. I hope everything works out great in your gardening plans. Keep an eye on the Diabolo Ninebark - they have a habit of wanting to shoot up a reversion branch every now & then, lol. Just prune any reversion off should you notice it trying to misbehave, ok??

I appreciate your order, and you taking the time to let everyone here know you were pleased with your shopping experience with our nursery. Don't hesitate to contact me at anytime if I can help you at all in the future.

Positive JetGal
Sugar Grove, IL
May 5, 2014
Posted on May 9, 2013, updated May 5, 2014
Received my first order from Evergreen Nursery last week & I couldn't have been happier with the plants they sent me. All were nicely packed & delivered undamaged. The evergreens I ordered were #2 size & #1 size for my Spiraea Dolchica, which turned out to be a nice sized plant. Will be placing another order with them very soon.

Thanks folks at Evergreen Nursery for my awesome plants :)

On May 5th, 2014, JetGal added the following:

The plants I purchased from Evergreen Nursery last year performed so well in my gardens that I pretty much duplicated that same order as my first order for 2014, which I received on 4/28/14. Once again, they did not disappoint with the plants they sent me.

I absolutely love the Arb. Wansdyke Silver & Cham. Squarrosa Sulphurea. Considering the absolutely brutal winter a lot of us experienced, the Squarrosa got a little beat up & the extreme sub-zero temps & strong winds didn't even phase the Wansdyke Silver. The Nandinas didn't fare so well, but I expected that to happen that's why I ordered them again this year.

Thanks again Evergreen Nursery folks & was wondering if any of the plants I've ordered from you are Black Walnut tolerant?

Company representative comment on May 10, 2014:
On May 11, 2013 8:03 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Very glad to hear that you were pleased with your order!! The Wansdyke Silver Arborvitae & Cham Squarrosa Sulphurea are a couple of my personal favorites that we grow. Enjoy watching them grow........and don't hesitate to let me know if there;s anything else I can do for you!!

On May 10, 2014 8:20 PM, Evergreen Nursery added:

Hey - thanks for the update on your plants - and thanks for the repeat order!! This past winter was a real challenge for many parts of the country for sure - Nandinas everywhere had a tough time dealing with such severe cold & wind.

I have an excellent link for you to check out that might help with your question concerning Black Walnut ( juglone ) tolerance. Check these out when you get a moment, ok??

Thanks again for your continued business - just let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Positive SetterX2
Little Silver, NJ
April 11, 2014
This was my first experience with Evergreen Nursery and I couldn't be more pleased. Perfect communication from start to finish. The plants were packaged well and all 18 have obviously been lovingly tended, with nice root systems and beautiful, solid growth. Highly recommended for outstanding plants and great customer service.
Company representative comment on April 15, 2014:
On Apr 15, 2014 7:51 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Hi there! Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to help you with some of your spring planting needs. I hope you enjoy your new arrivals for years to come.........and truly do thank you for taking the time to let us know that you were pleased with what I hope is the first of many orders with us, lol.

Don't hesitate to contact me at anytime if I can be of any help to you at all in the future.

Positive mech
Copperas Cove, TX
March 11, 2014
Posted on March 20, 2013, updated March 11, 2014
I had ordered 80 - arborvitae blue cone trees from Evergreen Nursery and they arrived very fast. They were packed superbly and had a really nice root ball on each plant-well moistened in the plastic bags. they are very healthy looking trees for the low price. So far they are in the ground and looking great. I will try and report back after a few months of grow time,but i expect them to take off and do very well.

I only wish you guys sold fruit trees!

thanks,
Mike

On March 11th, 2014, mech added the following:

it has been just over a year since i have planted the trees and they have taken off and are doing very well. No losses of any of the 80 trees.

Company representative comment on March 20, 2013:
On Mar 20, 2013 6:51 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Mike,
Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you are pleased with your new Blue Cone arrivals!! Glad to hear that everything made it to you in good shape - hope you enjoy them for years to come. Don't hesitate to let me know how they do for you, or contact me at anytime if you have any questions. Hopefully we can send you more nice plants in the future....

Positive zahradka1
Blakeslee, PA
January 22, 2014
Posted on June 5, 2012, updated January 22, 2014
When buying plants online I always turn to Dave's Garden for suggestions and reviews. I searched for vendors looking to purchase Serbian spruces. Found Evergreen nursery and placed an order.
And I felt in love. I placed many orders and received many plants past years trying to bring to life surroundings of newly built home and make all little creatures happy with my arrival to their territory. Always thinking of hummingbirds I added 5 Tango Weigela to my order of 5 Serbian Spruces.
Plants were picture perfect. They did not even looked real. Healthy, happy, unbelievable root systems... But they arrived damaged due to handling by UPS- ties that held plants in place were torn. So Weigela branches were broken, needles on Spruces shredded couple of leaders broken as well. I was so upset seeing such beauties so abused. I've contacted Darren at Evergreen nursery and he responded right away offering to replace the plants.
Not only that Darren replaced the plants but also after learning that Spruces will be planted in memory of someone dear he'd sent higher grade of trees. I was deeply touched by this act o compassion and kindness from Darren and his wife.
Replacement order arrived intact. Once again I was so taken by plants beauty and health, something that you don't see often if ever when you open the box.
Evergreen nursery will always be first place where I'll shop in the future. I absolutely love their plants and I love to support business with such a personable customer care as Darren provides. He truly takes customer satisfaction to another level.
Thank you.

On January 22nd, 2014, zahradka1 added the following:

UPDATE;
So I could not stay away from ordering from this wonderful source in 2013 after 2012 experience.
I placed 2 orders of total around 35 different trees and some shrubs. All arrived perfectly packaged with no damage at all and so beautiful. Healthy, large... I do not know how is Darren and his wife doing it but this is example of fantastic online business that you can trust.
I ordered all kind of different species, very impressed with their selection. I really liked Cryptomeria japonica Black Dragon, Chamaecyparis Squarrosa Sulphurea, Sawara False Cypress, Juniperus Robusta Green, Chamaecyparis Rachael and many more. Some Chamaecyparis were sold out last season so I may add it to my collection this year. Skyrocket Junipers arrived healthy but did not survived this wetland climate- PA-even in full sun- those are susceptible to blights and cankers- Juniperus Scopulorum. I will stick with Juniperus Chinensis from now on. That reminds me how wonderfully informative Evergreen Nursery website is.
This is the place where I go to shop for healthy, robust trees and shrubs with many hard to find species.
Thank you.
Company representative comment on June 5, 2012:
On Jun 5, 2012 7:39 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

I am so glad that I was able to help you get the very best possible trees to plant for this project - especially after UPS gave the initial shipment such a rough ride, lol. It's good to know that those spruces have a wonderful new home, and a meaningful purpose.

Don't hesitate to contact me at anytime if I can help you at all in the future.

Positive sambucka
Burlington, MA
November 15, 2013
Received order in time and plants were very carefully packaged. I also liked that they are packed in plastic to keep the soil from spilling out. Plants look healthy, good sized and I would order from them again.
Negative grgantt
West Columbia, TX (Zone 9a)
October 19, 2013
I ordered six daylilies from Evergreen. They indicated that their method of shipment with the rootball intact was superior to shipping bare root daylilies. The plants were received in a timely manner and as described, but the plants were very small with under developed root systems compared to daylilies I ordered from other suppliers. As a consequence, only 4 of the 6 survived.
Positive mjeanl
Abington, MA
May 23, 2013
When I first bought my house in Ma. I wanted to plant evergreen trees and shrubs for borders and sound barriers; my property was next to a commuter train and a main road. I spoke to them on the phone and they were very helpful choosing plants and sending me the biggests plants they could. Their prices per plant are one of THE MOST reasonable I have come across and they have a very good selection of evergreens. Also, their shipping prices are VERY reasonable AND they were willing to bargain down on cost since I spent alot of money. I always go to them FIRST when I need any plants I know they offer, sometimes I check them out to see if they've added anything new.
Positive gardenchik
Robbinsville, NJ (Zone 6b)
May 11, 2013
I just received my order today, and I am so pleased! I bought 22 plants and all arrived healthy. They were packaged very well, not one was damaged. I bought a small batch of plants last year, which was my first time. Obviously, I was happy with my purchase then, which is why I didn't hesitate to buy here again this year. I did start my plant shopping a little late so a lot of what I wanted were sold out. But there's always next time. Thanks, Evergreen Nursery!
Company representative comment on May 11, 2013:
On May 11, 2013 7:58 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Hi Gardenchik,
That's wonderful to hear!! Between the ridiculous order volume we have experienced this year, and the extra effort we try to put into packing & shipping our orders, you had to wait a little longer to receive your order than we would generally like. Thank you for your patience - I hope that the plants were worth the wait, lol.
The unexpected volume increase has also left us sold out of many items, which we will try to get back in stock as soon as we can.....and hopefully be able to keep them in stock for a longer period of time next season.
Thank you for your business, and for taking the time to let us know you were pleased with your order.

Positive awwwsweet
Allen, TX (Zone 8a)
April 24, 2013
On 4/8/13 I ordered a number of threadleaf arborvitae (size 2), and a couple types of dayliles. They arrived today, 4/24/13. I was excited about my order and anxious to get them, but Evergreen was very clear on their website about delays in shipping times due to how many orders they had and sent my order within the expected timeframe.

I was so pleased with the plants when they arrived! First, the packaging was superb. The delivery company didn't do such a hot job of delivering the box in the correct position, but Evergreen had individually tied every single plant in place and nothing was harmed. The arborvitae were just beautiful and completely healthy. The daylilies had a couple leaves with slight browning on the ends, but they were obviously strong and healthy. All items were very carefully wrapped and were a little larger than I had anticipated (which I think was simply due to the delay in shipping).

I had been very close to buying plants from several other places when I came across davesgarden.com and discovered that all of them had very bad reviews. I found terrific reviews on Evergreen Nursery and decided to see what they had, and I am very glad I did. I wish they had more of the other items I am looking for because I would buy from them again in a heartbeat. Very happy with my order!
Company representative comment on April 25, 2013:
On Apr 25, 2013 7:49 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Hi there - very glad you decided to give us a try!!

At the peak of the busy spring season, order shipping turn around time can get a little longer than we like. One big reason ( besides the insane number of orders flying in, lol ) is the extra bit of time we take to package our orders in the very safest manner possible. As you noticed, counting on the the parcel companies ( we've tried 'em all ) is a risky proposition......so we really do try & go the extra mile to package our orders so they can arrive on our customers' door steps in top condition.

I hope that all of your plants do exactly as you expect them to. Those Canadian Border Patrol Daylilies are one of my personal favorites!!

Once again....thanks for giving us a chance. Hope we can help you again in the future.

Positive againes_5
Copper Canyon, TX
April 18, 2013
Ordered 1 blue ice Arizona Cypress. The packaging was well done and the plant was undamaged. I was pleasantly suprised to see the graft/root flare of the young tree instead of inches deep in soil like so many other young trees. So far the tree has done well in the yard adapating to its environment. I would definitely order from this company again. Thanks so much!
Positive lytkinedennis
Staten Island, NY
March 23, 2013
I ordered a golden leyland cypress, blue ice arizona cypress, sky rocket juniper and a cryptomeria "elegans". All the plants came in perfect condition. Each plant was wrapped and tied down to the box so that it does move during shipping. I just have a recommendation to anyone who orders from this nursery: order size 2 plants. The plants that were size 2 were three times bigger or more than the size one plants and only a couple dollars extra. For example the size 2 cryptomeria was almost 4 feet tall while the size 1 leyland cypress was only 6 inches tall. The prices were great, beter than any local nursery or big box store I will definitely order again.
Positive melody
Benton, KY (Zone 7a)
January 22, 2013
What a great experience! I ordered a special shrub for a new baby in the family and I couldn't have been more pleased. Communication was prompt and friendly, letting me know that the January weather was delaying shipment for a few days, as they would prefer not to stress plants further in bad conditions. I was kept in the loop and updated when my plant was ready to ship. Fed-Ex just delivered a robust, healthy plant. Packaging was excellent and there wasn't so much as a broken needle in the box. I'm quite pleased with my whole experience and will be a repeat customer.
Company representative comment on January 22, 2013:
On Jan 22, 2013 6:22 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Hi Melody!! I am very, very glad to hear that the Gold Lace Juniper arrived in good shape - and especially glad that you're pleased with it. I looked 'em all over as best I could to try & find a super nice one to celebrate Baby's arrival. I hope it serves it's purpose beautifully, and for a long, long time lol.

Maybe one day you can send me us a picture of her standing in front of the plant after they both grow up some, lol. Take care - thanks for the business.

Positive tsabatini
Palisades, NY
October 5, 2012
I've now placed four orders with Evergreen in Tennessee -- be careful reading the reviews, as there are quite a few "Everygreens" around.
As this is Fall planting season, the plants arrived along with groups of plants from other, vastly more expensive and "high profile" nurseries.
I could not get over the quality of the product - beautiful, healthy sturdy shrubs and trees...and better-than-expected sizes....not a sickly one in the bunch. Superior packaging (at a very reasonable rate) and tremendous customer service. I immediately placed another two orders.

Unfortunately, I've become accustomed to having to nurse along new arrivals, but these were strong, well-cared-for superior plants, at a price that went as low as 20% of what the fancier nurseries were charging for smaller, weaker and badly packaged items.

'Just can't say enough good things about them - the website is informative, thorough and simple to both navigate and understand.

Buy something small just to try them out - you'll return again and again
Company representative comment on October 6, 2012:
On Oct 6, 2012 9:30 AM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Thank you so much for the kind remarks - glad you've been very pleased with your orders!! We really do try to give our customers top quality plants at very fair, reasonable prices.

Feel free to send us some pics of things as they grow - always neat to see just where our plants end up calling "home", lol.

Positive mirpeg
Lansdowne, PA
September 11, 2012
I was so happy to find inexpensive trees for my sizeable project by using Dave's Garden resources. My Evergreen Nursery order of 44 junipers, spartan, moonglow and skyrocket were delivered in a timely manner and were well packaged and beautiful.
All trees were slightly larger than I expected and look lush and healthy. I transplanted them immediately into roomy pots until they go into the ground which will be shortly. I would order from Evergreen Nursery again in a flash - great experience.
Company representative comment on September 11, 2012:
On Sep 11, 2012 5:37 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Thank you for your business - and for taking the time to let us know that you were pleased with your order from our nursery!! I hope that you enjoy them for years to come.

Don't hesitate to give me a yell if there's anything else I can help you with in the future.

Positive Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA (Zone 8b)
June 27, 2012
This has been a wonderful transaction. I ordered three mini crape myrtles and received an order confirmation immediately after placing the order online. The next day I received shipping notification. Today, two days after placing the order, the plants arrived. They were packed perfectly - no loss of soil, no broken branches, rootballs still moist. The plants are the size expected, well-branched, and appear to be very healthy. It's a happy day!
Company representative comment on June 27, 2012:
On Jun 27, 2012 7:42 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Hi Pinetucky! Very glad to hear that the Crape Myrtles made it to you with no problems. I'm sure that they were very happy to see you too!! Hope you enjoy them for years to come - feel free to send us some pics on down the road, ok?

Happy 4th ( early, lol )

Positive Cearbhaill
Russell, KY (Zone 6b)
June 4, 2012
Posted on June 19, 2011, updated June 4, 2012
Posted on August 4, 2008, updated June 19, 2011
I did everything wrong when I ordered 44 conifers from Evergreen Nursery.

I ordered for shipment during the hottest week of the entire year, I specified a different shipping date, and then had the nerve to email and ammend my order after having sent it. I really did not know what to expect for a $5-10 conifer, but as they had a few of the more hard to find varieties of some things I wanted in stock I took a chance.

I was extremely happy when I opened those boxes. Not one brown branch or broken stem in the lot of them. The sizes were about what I expected with a few being larger than I expected. Each and every plant of the 44 I purchased were exceedingly happy and clearly very well grown- they were just screaming with good health. I really have never seen such happy little plants- it made quite an impression on me as they are literally lush and have obviously never wanted for anything!

They were very well packaged- tied into place and easy to unpack. I do wish they had been individually labeled as it was a bit of a puzzle to match numbers of plants to names on the invoice, but I got them sorted out in short order and into the ground they went. I have no doubt that they will grace my property for years- the roots were healthy and they are all off to a fine start.

I will definitely be ordering again!
On June 19th, 2011, Cearbhaill added the following:

Two more orders received from Evergreen Nursery this spring and they were all as happy as the last time.
I absolutely love this place!
On June 4th, 2012, Cearbhaill added the following:

Another year and another couple of orders from Darren at Evergreen Nursery. This time I had one tiny broken plant which Darren cheerfully replaced with no questions asked.
They clearly understand how to make customers happy so that we continue to order from them.
Evergreen Nursery is and will continue to be my go to vendor for young conifers- I love them!
Order with confidence.
Company representative comment on June 19, 2011:
On Jun 19, 2011 4:05 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Thank you so much for your continued business - glad to hear that everything is doing well for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Positive sunshimmer
Shamokin, PA (Zone 6b)
May 15, 2012
I recently ordered 4 nandina firepower plants and 3 Nandina heavenly bamboo bushes from Evergreen Nursery. They were shipped very quickly and arrived in a few days after ordering. I opened the box to find some very beautiful, large, and healthy plants. Unfortunately, the UPS driver stood the box up on end and two of the Heavenly bamboo were severely damaged even though Evergreen Nursery had packed and tied the plants so carefully. I sent them an email and Darren offered to replace the 2 damaged plants. They sent them out very quickly and they arrived the following week. Again, I opened the box to find 2 very large beautiful healthy plants. They replaced the original plants with 2 of the same size and quality plants like I had ordered. I will definitely be ordering from Evergreen Nursery again and referring a few friends as well. Great healthy plants in good sizes and excellent customer service. Just the kind of company I was looking for.
Company representative comment on May 15, 2012:
On May 15, 2012 7:03 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Hi there - thank you so much for the kind remarks. I'm very glad that I was able to take care of you, and truly hope that you enjoy your Nandinas for years to come!!

Positive hanoverman
Hanover, MD (Zone 7a)
April 26, 2012
First time buyer who will definitely order again. Good price. Nice plants - larger than expected. Excellent packaging. Thanks!!
Company representative comment on April 26, 2012:
On Apr 26, 2012 5:07 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Hi there!! Glad to hear that everything arrived to you in good shape, and that you're pleased with your Nandinas.

I also really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments regarding your first shopping experience with our nursery. Hopefully we can help you again in the near future with your planting needs. Happy Planting!!

Positive sudzy
Athens, IL
April 4, 2012
Very satisfied first time customer! The three conifers that I ordered arrived picture perfect, and quite fast. They were well packaged. My only complaint would be the shipping rate, but that probably is not in the companys controll. I'm sure that I will order more from this company in the future. Thanks Evergreen Nursery.
Company representative comment on April 5, 2012:
On Apr 5, 2012 8:10 AM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Hi there!! Glad to hear that everything arrived to you in good shape, and especially glad to hear that you are pleased with your first order from our nursery. I do hope that we can help you with your planting needs again in the future.
I do wish that shipping costs would come down some too but, you are correct, that is more or less out of our control, lol. UPS ( or any other courier, for that matter ) keep inching up their rates.....with the fuel cost being their main "reason".
Thanks again for your business - it is truly appreciated.

Positive JonnyB
East Taunton, MA
March 1, 2012
This was a first time order and Darren emailed a few times to make sure that I wanted the order this early and got the plants I wanted. The plants arrived today in excellent condition and beautiful plants. I will be checking Evergreen first for any future orders.
Company representative comment on March 1, 2012:
On Mar 1, 2012 8:29 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Hey there - glad to hear that everything arrived to you in good shape!! Just let me know if there's anything else I can help you with on down the road. Feel free to send me some pics as they grow, ok??

Positive Citro
Eden, MD
February 18, 2012
I have been ordering from this company for 5 or 6 years now. My evergreens are always securely packed and in great condition upon arrival. The Carolina Sapphires I received from them this week were about a foot taller than expected, and the most beautiful silver-blue.
So far I have bought Green Giants, Crape myrtles, and 15 cypress. They are all thriving! Awesome company.
Company representative comment on February 18, 2012:
On Feb 18, 2012 9:15 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Glad everything made it to you in good shape again - told ya I would pick out some beauties for you, lol. Glad you were pleased with them. I'm sure everything will settle in to their new home just fine.....you've done a good job with everything so far. Happy planting!!!

Positive olyshed
Bell Hill, WA
December 23, 2011
Very professional and yet personal service. Requested that my order be received prior to Christmas so we could plant prior to departing on trip-I wasn't optimistic that this could happen- but they did! The order was shipped promptly and packaged beautifully! Love this company and will use them for future orders.
Company representative comment on December 23, 2011:
On Dec 23, 2011 7:24 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Thank you very much guys!! Glad we could get it done for you in time. Don't hesitate to contact me at anytime if I can be of any help to you in the future.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Positive LilyLover_UT
Ogden, UT (Zone 5b)
December 12, 2011
Evergreen Nursery has a wonderful selection of plants -- and not just evergreens, although they have plenty of those! They also carry roses and other deciduous shrubs, ornamental grasses, and daylilies.

The prices are very reasonable, and the website is easy to navigate and full of helpful information and interesting descriptions. This is a family-owned nursery. The owners care a lot about their business, paying particular attention to customer satisfaction. E-mails are answered quickly and politely. I highly recommend this company.
Company representative comment on December 23, 2011:
On Dec 23, 2011 7:27 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Thanks for the kind remarks LilyLover - hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season. Just let me know if I can be of any help to you at all in the future.

Negative evergreensucks
somerset
United States
November 19, 2011
The plants were 10% of the size that I had originally ordered.
They were turning yellow when I received them. Would NEVER buy from them again. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY.
Company representative comment on December 12, 2011:
On Nov 19, 2011 8:44 PM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

I am not exactly sure what "evergreensucks" is referring to in their posting here, as we have not shipped ANY product at all to a town called Somerset ( in any state ) since May of this year.......and that particular customer has ordered multiple times since ( Somerset, KY ).

Not sure if this is a case of mistaken identity, and meant to be directed towards a different Evergreen Nursery, but we have received absolutely no complaints or feedback via e-mail, phone, or otherwise from this claimed to be customer.....or any other customer in several months.

If a customer is ever unhappy with any product that we were to ship, we always do the absolute utmost to resolve the problem, and make sure that the customer is happy with their shopping experience with our nursery.

On Dec 12, 2011 10:58 AM, Evergreen Nursery added:

As of today 12/12/2011, we have received no reply from this member as to just what they claim to have ordered, or an invoice number, or quantity ordered.........despite our sending them a d-mail inquiry for additional information regarding this supposed transaction.

DG administrators have also attempted to contact the member attempt to validate any information regarding this customer, and any transaction with our nursery. No response to their inquiries either.

This particular member / post obviously is bogus & completely fabricated.

Positive sun1869
Virginia Beach
United States
July 31, 2011
Over the years, I have bought plants from nearly every online vendor out there---well a lot of them, and I can say that you will always be happy with these growers. I read the other statements from customers, and I must say that I have had the same wonderful experiences with Evergreen Nursery---the plants are healthy--and much bigger then I expect (because everyone else's are that much smaller!!)

Good Job guys---way to show and represent TN Pride and good quality buisness ethics!!
Company representative comment on July 31, 2011:
On Jul 31, 2011 8:33 AM, Evergreen Nursery responded with:

Thanks for your business - and for your kind remarks!! I do hope that you enjoy your new arrivals for years to come.

We really do try to treat our customers as WE would want to be treated if we were doing the shopping, lol. Just seems to make sense to us. Once again - THANKS - please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime if I can be of any further help to you in the future. Happy Planting!!!

Positive dave12122
East Haddam, CT
July 1, 2011
I've placed two orders with Evergreen Nursery this Spring, both for 2-3 Crape Myrtles. The orders were shipped immediately, and arrived in a timely fashion. The plants were healthy yet rootbound, and were smaller than the listed size on their website. However, the prices are so reasonable there is little reason to get Crape Myrtles anywhere else. The plants from the 1st order are just starting to grow (my area had a cool, wet Spring), and I am not sure if any of the specimens will bloom later in the Summer. Time will tell...
Positive skhamby
Lancing, TN
April 20, 2011
I recently ordered 6 dwarf boxwoods from this company. Not only did I receive my order in a very timely manner, but the well-devloped plants arrived healthy and happy. The customer service was excellent in all respects. I cannot say enough good things about my experience. Highly recommended!
Positive fulloffaith
Ogden, UT
March 30, 2011
Have ordered from Evergreen for several years now. I could not be happier with the quality of the plants (they are always larger than I expected and in perfect health), shipping (love how the plants are removed from pots, excess soil removed, and wrapped in plastic - they transplant beautifully and get going way fast and since they are lighter shipping prices are low), service, and prices. Web site is unequaled, easy to navigate, really great info (way more and better than is usually supplied), and any questions one may have are answered promptly by someone with plenty of experience, so you don't have to ask again.

Evergreen's exceptional quality of size 1 and 2 plants and prices gives me the ability to try many different plants that are not even available here where I live in the dry West (Utah) to see how they grow here. I have always been delighted!

I could not speak more highly of Evergreen or recommend them more highly!!!

Positive Hotsinpiller
Blacklick, OH
September 22, 2010
Received my plants today - Spartan Juniper, Sarah's Favorite Crape Myrtle, and Nandina Domestica. All great looking healthy plants. VERY well packaged. Will be ordering from this company again!
Positive VirginiaLee2009
Riner, VA
September 6, 2010
This company had something I hadn't found many other places, a "White Chocolate" crape myrtle. It was shipped almost immediately after I ordered it, and in excellent condition. It was the size I expected. The packaging method was exceptional. The only way I can think of that it could be destroyed would be to put it in front of a steamroller! This company is definitely one to remember for repeat business.
Positive plantmover
Hampton Roads, VA (Zone 7b)
August 21, 2010
This is the third time I've ordered from Evergreen and with each order, they've met and/or exceeded my expectations. A great company to do business with!
Positive grollcat
Virginia Beach, VA
August 7, 2010
Purchased a few crape myrtle varieties from them in July. Trees shipped quickly and arrived well packed and very healthy. Will definitely order from Evergreen in the future.
Positive homelate
New Oxford, PA
May 27, 2010
Probably the best mail order plant experience I've ever had. Great value for the money and the quality and vigor of the plants (boxwoods) is just remarkable. I am a very satisfied 1st-time customer!
Positive InsaniD
Columbia, MO
April 25, 2010
Wow. What to say? Darren, the owner of Evergreen, is awesome. Very quick to answer emails and very friendly and knowledgeable to boot. I ordered 7 shrubs a couple of months ago, with Mid April shipping. My order arrived the other day and I was really impressed with the packing method which had the shrubs attached to the box itself with wire ties so no matter which position the box was in, the shrubs couldn't shift. The plants seem to be healthy and ready to go, with one possible exception (too soon to tell), but with this companies 60 day guarantee, I feel confident that if this shrub fails (or any of them), Darren will take care of me. We will be ordering again and again and again...
I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for great shrubs at great prices.

Thanks Darren!
Positive sandpoms
Holmen, WI
April 10, 2010
Ordered 5 Junipers. I was asked when I wanted to get them. I received them quickly, as requested, and they arrived professionally packaged and in perfect condition. It was nice that I was sent a tracking number to know exactly when they would be here. Healthy and nicely sized plants.
Positive gowron
Athens, GA
March 31, 2010
Excellent quality and good size plants at very reasonable prices. Fast shipping and excellent website. I can only wish that they had a larger selection of conifers, but what they do offer is excellent. I will be returning for more.