The scoop on 'Mason Hollow Nursery'

Mason Hollow Nursery

47 Scripps Lane
Mason, New Hampshire 03048 (United States)

Visit Mason Hollow Nursery at:

Comments:

Positive JetGal
Sugar Grove, IL
August 9, 2012
Found Mason Hollow thru google search for Hosta 'Dee's Golden Jewel' several weeks ago. They had several other hostas I had been in search of, too, which I also ordered.

I was so thrilled by how absolutely beautiful my hostas were. I really liked their website - hosta pages are really nice & not crowded like some other websites display their info - they have a nice hosta selection [not too much where it can get really overwhelming like some companies have] - excellent price structure considering the size plants I received [$$ I've paid from some other mail order companies don't even compare] - good customer service - fast delivery.

Thanks much Mason Hollow for my beautiful hostas. I'll hopefully be visiting you folks again soon - what would life be without google?
Positive steve_mass
Millbury, MA
January 24, 2012
I ordered Hostas from a dozen different sources last year, and Mason Hollow was one of my favorites. I first ordered from them from their website. Their selection was enormous and they had several plants that I couldn't get elsewhere. The plants arrived in great shape, were much larger than I expected (one plant had 8 eyes) and thrived in my garden. Prices and shipping costs were reasonable.

I went to visit them in June to buy more plants and then again in July with my sister to buy even more. Mason Hollow combines a huge selection of large plants at reasonable prices. I haven't used their customer service yet, because everything has been great. If you are in the area, visit them. The display garden is worth the trip. But either by mail order or in person you won't be disappointed.
Positive JiminRingoes
Ringoes, NJ
May 26, 2010
I just received my first order from Mason Hollow (3 ea. Streptopus roseus). This plant is very difficult to find, so I was pleased to receive strong, healthy plants at a fair price. Since there are many other "must have" plants in the catalog, I'll definitely be ordering again.
Positive LinkM
Williamsville, NY (Zone 5b)
April 28, 2010
First time ordering from Mason Hollow, and I am very pleased! Received big, beautiful, healthy plants well packed in a lot of moist soil, plastic and newspaper. Plants were not crowded in the box and arrived in great shape. I definitely will order from here again.
Positive zafo
Saint Louis, MO
May 11, 2008
I have ordered from Mason Hollow on two occasions. Both times I received hosta with large healthy roots and multiple eyes. Several of the hosta were minis and still were quite large. The latest order I place for Golden Woge had 8 eyes. Great communication and nice packing. A+++
Negative Cretaceous
El Sobrante, CA (Zone 9b)
June 22, 2007
I ordered three (hard to find) ferns online from Mason Hollow Nursery at the beginning of April this year, and then received an e-mail from them on 18th June stating that they cannot ship the order to California.

I don't understand how a nursery can accept an order from a customer and almost 12 weeks later tell them they cannot ship the plants.

Since placing the order with Mason Hollow Nursery I have also ordered (and received) ferns from a nursery in Canada who had these three species available. If I had been informed sooner, I would have added the plants to the Canadian order and would have the plants by now.

Not a good experience.

Positive ohwoisme
Townsend, MA
August 19, 2006
i have bought several times from mason hollow. friendly and helpful owners, nice plants, good selection. they are known for their hostas, but also have a good selection of other plants. ferns and natives were excellent.
Positive nomoregrass
Rockford, IL
July 9, 2006
Bought perennials via mail order this year. Big healthy plants with robust root systems. Recommended.
Positive plantaholic2
N Middlesex County, MA (Zone 5a)
June 13, 2006
I was there late 2004 and picked up some exceptional hosta's. I agree with previous comments, that the couple are delightful and so eager to discuss hostas and anything gardening related. They truly enjoy what they do and are so extremely helpful to find the perfect hosta.

Unfortunately, after I caught the hosta bug, I discovered voles were overruning my gardens and were very fond of hosta, so I haven't been back since. But I have my vole problem under control a bit and am anxious to go back and get some more. Mason Hollow is absolutely THE best place for hosta.

Positive 22tango
Adams, MA (Zone 5a)
June 1, 2006
Based on the strong, healthy heucheras I received from Mason Hollow last year, I recently placed another order. The dicentra exima are much larger than expected, and the heucheras didn't disappoint me this year either. Mason Hollow is high on my 'recommend' list.
Positive Charlena
Holden, MA
May 31, 2006
I was at Mason Hollow today and was very impressed. The wife of the team was exceptionally friendly and they had a very large selection of hostas. Most were very good sized and she assured us that it was the size of their mail order plants. I wouldn't hesitate to tecommend them to anyone.
Positive Hostadad
Melrose, MA
July 21, 2005
Went there this past weekend, purchased 5 plants. The nursery is run by a husband and wife team, both realy nice people. They were both extremely friendly and helpful. We spent close to an hour walking the nursery and talking about hosta sizes, colors, shade preferences. etc... They showed me the numerous specimen plants on the property, some sports they are growing and some of their breeder stock. They even took the time to show my kids pictures of some bears they had photographed. This is a realy exceptional nursery with well over 500 hosta varieties in stock at reasonable prices. I would highly recommend this nursery.