The scoop on 'Rarexoticseeds'

Rarexoticseeds

Rarexoticseeds has 465 products listed in PlantScout.

465 rue Saint-Jean, Suite 300
Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2R6 (Canada)

» Like them on Facebook
This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive Peaches187
Lethbridge
Canada
August 21, 2014
I have ordered from rarexoticseeds several times, and although there have occasionally been delays, I have never been disappointed. They have always provided fresh seeds that have achieved excellent germination rates. Some stubborn seeds required "treatment" to facilitate the germination process, however, even those seeds grew quite well. Just have to be patient and don't over-water! And their selection is awesome! Best I've seen.
Positive hypocondro
houston
United States
June 7, 2014
So far I have not been disappointed by this company. I got my order on time, and the plants are growing nicely.
Their inventory is huge and it is all reasonably priced. I will order again from them in the future.
Positive AenRiv
Escondido, CA
June 14, 2013
Posted on June 4, 2013, updated June 14, 2013
Got my seeds. Looking good. Let's see what sprouts!
On June 14th, 2013, AenRiv added the following:

Arctium lappa hit the ground running - fast germination time and great seed vitality! I think Valeriana is sprouting too. Pampas grass is sort of slow, though. I'll read more instructions and try again.
Negative micropropagador
So Paulo
Brazil
November 11, 2012
Ive bought 17 species of Drsoera to germinate and only one species have germinated. I expended almost 100 dollars with that. Im experienced in Drosera germination. I waited a year to be sure that the seeds would note germinate and complaiened to the site that gave no responses...
Please, if You think I may be have done some mistake You can ask the Ontario Carnivorous Plant Society for the reputation of this disclamer. I would have better done that before.
Company representative comment on May 13, 2013:
On May 13, 2013 2:14 PM, Rarexoticseeds responded with:

micropropagador,

We apologize for the late reply.

Rarexoticseeds does business with clients from around the world and collected positive feedbacks over the years.

We are deeply sorry to hear that your seeds didn't germinate and would like to help you in appreciating our services.

Please contact us via the contact form of our website in order to solve the issue (see link below).

We hope to hear back from you soon.

Rarexoticseeds team

Negative azgarden
Chandler, AZ
August 15, 2012
Recently ordered 25 seeds of 4 varieties of ADENIUM. Disappointed with the results. Germination rate was zero percent. Expect that seeds were not fresh as they did not "plump" up when soaked in water the appropriate time prior to sowing.
Company representative comment on May 13, 2013:
On May 13, 2013 2:08 PM, Rarexoticseeds responded with:

Dear azgarden,

We are sorry you didn't get the results you expected.

We propose you to contact us via the contact form of our website (see link below) in order to find a solution to this issue.

Our policy is to satisfy our customers. We will do our best to meet your expectation.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rarexoticseeds team

Neutral Britt37
San Antonio, TX
July 28, 2010
I planted 3 yr old seeds(given to me in Nov 07) in a large pot for the first time in late April. The vines are over 6ft tall and lush and green but I have not had a sign of a bloom. I am in San Antonio, TX. Just discovered tonight they are Hyacinth Beans (courtesy Jerry Parsons, of PlantAnswers.com). I would appreciate any suggestions.
Positive DarkEarth
Hillsboro, OR
July 16, 2009
Placed an order for a number of seeds that are just plain hard to find. The seeds were shipped promptly, and arrived within two weeks, which is pretty good for a shipment from Canada to US.
Seeds were packed in small plastic ziplocks, with the plant species information clearly labeled on each.
This is probably not the source for the beginning gardener, since you are going to need to do some research on the correct germination procedures for most of these plants, but this company is a great source of rare seeds.

Positive neptunia2
Hayward, CA (Zone 10a)
May 18, 2009
I only ordered seeds.My order came very quick. All seeds were in little ziplocks and labeled and mailed in a Bubble Mailer. I hope they all germinate. I'm very happy with this company.
Positive vanillaman
Washago, ON (Zone 5b)
November 3, 2008
I just discovered them a couple of days ago and ordered 13 items last night. They have a very interesting selection of water lily seeds, which is how I found them thanks to Google. I received a copy of my order almost immediately, even before they had processed the Paypal transaction. Now I'm hoping everything goes ok and I get my seeds. Not too many companies will ship here to Costa Rica, but I have received seeds from seed companies in England, South Africa, another company in Canada, and one in the U.S. Everything arrived fine via regular mail, even without a Phytosanitary Certificate. Naturally, if you don't want to take the risk, then you should purchase it. Without doing that, I don't think anyone in the U.S. especially, should be surprised if their order is confiscated, and it is definitely NOT the falult of Rarexoticseeds!

vm
Positive evr
Toronto, ON (Zone 5b)
September 18, 2008
Excited to order seeds from this online source, but I've been waiting for them to re-open; I got an email saying that their store will be open in 5 days, but they're not open yet so....just waiting patiently =)
On October 14th, 2008, evr changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Just ordered and due to new management, this online store had backlogged. They emailed me regarding this issue and I appreciate this type of attribute very well from sellers.
Company representative comment on September 18, 2008:

On Sep 18, 2008 3:19 AM, Rarexoticseeds added:

The store will re-open september 18th in the afternoon. There is a new owner.

Negative yaoingho
Fremont, CA
August 21, 2008
Last year I purchased $36 worth of seeds (most of them were passionfruit seeds) and I never received them. The owner said that the package had been sent and was not willing to send the tracking information or resend the seeds. Since the purchase did not include the insurance and by the time I thought to call the credit company, three months had already passed. (I waited for three months because I thought the package would take a longer period of time to travel from Canada to California, and also because the agricultural sanitation would take two more weeks.)

Company representative comment on August 21, 2008:

On Aug 20, 2008 10:19 PM, Rarexoticseeds added:

If you want a tracking number, you need to buy the registered package option. If you want a phytosanitary certificate you can also buy it. At Rarexoticseeds clients are responsable to order what they need to import the seeds. Everything is offered. All information is on the website.

Positive lzyjo
Thompsons Station, TN (Zone 7a)
March 5, 2008
Great selection of seeds suitable for bonsai at very reasonable prices. I've had great germination rates with everything I've planted so far. Took about a month to receive the order due to customs, but well worth the wait. Impeccably packed. Also, the website includes very concise germination instructions which are super helpful.
Positive karyn1
Silver Spring, MD
January 11, 2008
They have a great selection of hard to find seeds at very reasonable prices. They responded to my emails within 24 hours and the seeds arrived in great condition. I haven't planted them yet but they look fresh and unbroken.
Positive grenouille
(Zone 5a)
January 3, 2008
Great web site made selecting seeds very easy. The seeds arrived promptly in good condition.

Merci
Positive spacegurrrl
Tucson, AZ
October 20, 2007
I really liked the large selection of seeds, and the prices are very reasonable. When the seeds arrived, they looked like healthy seeds. I am looking forward to ordering again in the spring!
Positive gowron
Athens, GA
October 18, 2007
Excellent selection, very reasonable prices and fast delivery of very well packaged seeds. Will definitely be ordering again.
Positive krissy_p
Pipe Creek, TX
September 21, 2007
This site had most of the seeds I had been looking for in one place and the prices were very reasonable. The seeds were packed well and no seeds were crushed.
Positive dixie_angel
Trenton, TN
June 5, 2006
I just got my seeds and they look GREAT!! I apologize for the email mixup! Thanks SO much for redeeming the mailorder exotic seed site reputation..after the fiascos Ive had with 75% of them I had almost given up hope :0)
Positive Moonglow
Corte Madera, CA
December 13, 2005
ordered b. sanguinea seeds, and they arrived promptly, in a small box (no crushed seeds). germinated QUICKLY. i think RES is not kidding about FRESHNESS - - - very important of course!

even for a newbie, this is SUPER, since i do not use heat mats or grow lights for my seeds. just natural light from a south-facing window.

will write updates.