The scoop on 'The Greenhouse Catalog'

The Greenhouse Catalog

3740 Brooklake Rd NE
Salem, Oregon 97303 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-825-1925
Fax: 503-393-3119

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Visit The Greenhouse Catalog at:

» Like them on Facebook

This company is affiliated with Solexx Greenhouses (formerly Farm Wholesale Greenhouses)

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Negative Heather_carlsen
Lakewood, CO
March 26, 2014
I bought a greenhouse from this company. It was delivered promptly. It was assembled exactly as stated in the assembly instructions in a sheltered spot on a poured concrete pad. Three days later, I arrived from work to find it completely collapsed. I wrote to the company, who told me to send an email with photographs to a different email address. I did, and got no response. When I wrote to the original email address again, they wrote back that it was not covered under the five-year warranty. There was absolutely no explanation, despite that in the warranty document it clearly states that up to the first year 100% is covered. In addition, the greenhouse fell on top of plants that are going to die under it, but the warranty says I must leave it in place for someone to come inspect it. The problem is that nobody is coming, and I don't want to give them a reason to void the warranty by my moving it. I have had the worst experience ever with them.
Company representative comment on April 25, 2014:
On Apr 25, 2014 1:41 PM, The Greenhouse Catalog responded with:

We were very sorry to hear about Heathers experience with her Snap and Grow Greenhouse. Initially Heather found it difficult to reach a representative at the offices of the manufacturer. The Greenhouse Catalog stepped in to help Heather get assistance from the manufacturers representative. Even though the Snap and Grow greenhouse is not covered against wind damage, the manufacturer is working with Heather to assess what her part needs will be to rebuild her greenhouse.

Positive suechesva
Chesapeake, VA
July 1, 2013
I purchased various items for my greenhouse. The company was great in communicating with me when one of my requested items was out of stock. The company gave me a choice of cancelling or waiting until the item was available. Overall, a very good experience, I would purchase from this company again.
Positive pdwren
Aurora, CO
July 6, 2011
I Love this company! I built a greenhouse this year and looked for a good company to start ordering supplies from. Reasonable prices and lots to choose from. I bought several items, all arrived when they said they would. One item I bought was a pricy heater with a theromstat. It was still April here in Colorado and the nights were chilly. It worked great and kept the greenhouse at a good temp thru the night. But the next day I noticed the heater would not turn off. In fact it got so hot, it burned up. I contacted these people and was asured that someone would call me back. To me, thats not a good sign when they tell you that. but next day, sure enough Brian called me and he replaced the heater free of charge!!!

I am a customer for life!!!!
Positive riley9988
Temecula, CA
March 23, 2010
I recently purchased some gardening supplies from The Greenhouse Catalog. I ordered some Smart Pots, trays, and seedling supplies from their website. The products arrived quickly and were packed very nicely. I started some seeds in coco plugs that I purchased and they are growing like crazy. I plan to grow a container vegetable garden with the Smart Pots. All the products were very durable and high quality. I am happy with the whole experience and will purchase from them again.
Positive BJames1
Elizabeth City, NC (Zone 8a)
July 31, 2007
About 2 years ago I purchased a greenhouse kit and starter kit from them around $1,500 and I have got a lot of use out it. I really enjoy being able to bring my houseplants in for the winter without compromising lighting needs. The solexx panels also create the right amount of light that doesn't burn my plants even during the summer months. Although it is a smaller greenhouse, 8' x 8' x 8', it is worth every cent.