The scoop on 'Jenks Farmer (Lushlife Nurseries)'

Jenks Farmer (Lushlife Nurseries)

1521 Maple St.
Columbia, South Carolina 29205 (United States)

Comments:

Positive landerlily
Columbia, SC (Zone 8a)
August 5, 2013
I've bought crinums from Jenks both by mail and at his garden for several years now. They are always healthy, HUGE, and beautiful. Never has Jenks disappointed me; he will answer any question I have and responds to emails quickly. He is the best.
Positive jhprince
Norfolk, VA
October 16, 2012
Nothing but top notch quality and service. They are representative of the top-level products and customer relations I've found in all SouthCarolinian nurseries.
Positive ycn4chin
Dickson, TN
September 11, 2012
Posted on July 14, 2011, updated September 11, 2012
I ordered two Crinum, and when I opened the box they had sent nice sized bulbs, plus some free bulblets! What a nice surprise! They have a color coding system to identify the varieties clearly. The bulbs were firm with foliage and packed nicely. I adore Crinums, and am glad to add two new varieties to my collection. They will answer your emails, too, and ship quickly! Recommend highly!
On September 11th, 2012, ycn4chin added the following:

Ordered a Crinum scabrum x cruentum on Thursday. It was in my mailbox on Monday. Huge firm bulb with several bulblets attached. Very nice packaging, too. Highly recommend this company. If you don't grow Crinums you are missing out on a lovely easy-care flowering bulb!!
Positive themikesmom
Concord, NC
November 1, 2011
My son ordered 3 'MoPon' Crinum bulbs from Jenk and Tom and they sent all large bulbs and an 4th extra Huge one that must be 12 years or older that had 2 baby crinums still attached to it which was wonderful. All crinums were wonderfully packaged maticulosley within the perfect package box. Great selections, large bulbs, and amazing one of a kind Crinum cultivars not found anywhere else, what else could one ask for. Highly Recommended!
Positive RandyRick
Dahlonega, GA (Zone 7b)
July 8, 2011
Ordered 2 giant Cecil Houdyshel crinum bulbs. They arrived quickly. Personal email from Jenks is a nice touch. The bulbs really were giant size and had healthy roots systems intact. I will certainly order from them again.
Positive DALILY
Lexington, KY
June 21, 2011
Lushlife Nurseries is a great place to buy Crinum lilies. Bulbs are large and reasonably priced. Jenks is available to advise by e-mail. Questions are answered and any problems are resolved promptly and more than fairly.
Too bad there isn't a rating above positive--they would earn a lot of those.
Positive chucky
norman, OK (Zone 7a)
April 25, 2011
I ordered crinum pink flamingo a rarther hard to find variety.
It was by far the biggest crinum bulb I have ever recieved ,it
was huge and a gift bulb was included.Friendly and a
pleasure to do business with.Highly recomended.

Positive skaggs88
Spicewood, TX
January 3, 2011
Hugest bulb! I ordered one bulb on sale and can say this company did not skimp on the size. Very, very fast shipping, extremely reasonable shipping and very courteous. I would love to order more bulbs from this company...just waiting for them to offer more this spring. AKA Lushlife Nursery
Positive 7B_8A
Fayetteville, GA
December 17, 2010
Ordered 3 Cecil Houdy's when they were on sale. When they said "giant" they weren't kidding. I know crinums get big but I've never purchased bulbs this big from any nursery in my life. I ordered in the wee hours and thought I checked the "ship immediately" box and not the "ship by Dec 15 for X-mas delivery" box. Evidently my bad, I e-mailed them about the time I thought I should have received the bulbs. I got an immediate response and was told they'd ship the next day. They had to have because I had them two days later. Now that's service! Bulbs were packaged very nicely and ready to plant with tops still green.
Positive fl_jen57
Dunnellon, FL (Zone 8b)
July 12, 2010
I ordered 2 bulbs on Friday (7-9-10), one was Crinum 'Cecil Houdyshel' and the 2nd was a special priced bulbispermum.
They arrived by mail on Monday (7-12-10).
The packaging was excellent, the 2 bulbs identified by color code. And best of all was an extra "mystery" bulb!
All the bulbs look fresh with trimmed leaves and healthy roots.
Overall an excellent experience ordering from this company and I will definitely order again and recommend them to friends.

Jen
Positive rdwhiskey
Springtown, TX
September 9, 2009
I ordered several crinum bulbs earlier this year.The bulbs arrived promptly. They were in a box with the bulbs color coated for ease of identification. All of my questions were patiently answered even though I am a novice and probably asked stupid questions! I would and do recommend this company.
Positive jadestone29205
Columbia, SC (Zone 8a)
June 1, 2009
Specializing in enormous healthy crinum bulbs, beautifully packaged and labelled for shipping, fast service, prompt responses to any questons. Photos on website are representative of plants you will get. I have purchased from them numerous times and have been delighted every time. Count on them for wonderful gifts and be assured the quality will be outstanding.
Also see http://www.plantersplace.com; Perennials Forever with Jenks Farms for informative gardening blog
Great Gardeners, Great Plants!
Positive gottagarden
Arlington, TX (Zone 8a)
February 12, 2006
A friend and I combined an order for crinums from Jenks. They were shipped to her address and she called me when they arrived. The bulbs were large with good roots attached, well marked to distinguish the different varieties we ordered, with clear concise instructions on how to plant and care for our crinums. Jenks shipped quickly and the bulbs were well packed. I would definitely order from Jenks again. It was a 100% positive experience. Can't wait for my crinum to grow and bloom!
Positive loveshercowdog
Arlington, TX
February 10, 2006
I orded 3 large crinums. They are beautiful and even bigger than I had expected. These bulbs were marked so I knew who was whom. They all 3 had many roots. They came packaged in a long carboard box, with a corrugated liner.

If you've ever gotten bulbs in a bag with the roots in the bottom, you know how nice it is to open the box and see the bulbs so nicely and firmly packaged....it was attractive too!

I had questions about these bulbs, Jenks answered them for me by email and filled the order quickly.