The scoop on 'Marcelle's Crinums'

Marcelle's Crinums

440 Oak Lane
Vidor, Texas 77662 (United States)

Comments:

Neutral landerlily
Columbia, SC (Zone 8a)
July 31, 2013
I ordered from Marcelle's because she has a wonderful website (great for identification, etc) and a good selection. There was one crinum I was especially interested in that was not on her regular sale page, and she sold me a bulb.

The crinums I received from Marcelle's were very small bulbs (small onion sized, smaller than a lemon) and the shipping was, in my opinion, quite high. I asked about combining shipping for the three bulbs I ordered and also asked about going to her nursery to pick them up. I was refused on both counts. The bulbs arrived together, wrapped individually in newspaper, in a USPS box about 13x11x2 or so. The shipping and handling charge was $22 for the three bulbs.

To say I am disappointed would understate the case. Unless these bulbs grow a whole lot faster than I think they will, it will be several years before I get much bloom.

Admittedly, the size of the bulbs was never mentioned, so it was my fault for expecting the bulbs to be as large as I have purchased or been given from friends.
Positive RandyRick
Dahlonega, GA (Zone 7b)
May 12, 2012
Have purchased a half dozen crinum from Marcelle. They arrived as healthy, well packed plants. The web page is one of the best resources for researching crinum. Marcelle has many unique crinum hybrids that she has developed. Excellant lady to do business with.
Positive HPMUS30
Port Isabel, TX
March 18, 2011
Just the worlds most incredible expert on crinums. There is more variety here than anywhere else and they will spend as much time as needed on the phone to help you. Thank you so much for all my past orders.