The scoop on 'Peonies.net (Bannister Garden Center)'

Peonies.net (Bannister Garden Center)

Raymore, Missouri 64083 (United States)

Visit Peonies.net (Bannister Garden Center) at:

Company Comment, posted on February 4, 2013:
Thanks so much for your vote of confidence! We are still in business and aren't planning on retiring any time soon. There will be some great specials this fall as well!

Comments:

Neutral DonnaMack
Elgin, IL (Zone 5a)
September 7, 2014
Posted on January 1, 2013, updated September 7, 2014
Posted on September 23, 2012, updated January 1, 2013
Posted on September 20, 2012, updated September 23, 2012
I just received two Burma Midnight peony roots from this fine company. They are the biggest roots I have ever seen. A bit of root with one eye was broken off of one of them, but even with that each peony had nine eyes.

Just sensational. I am thrilled. I will be back.
On September 23rd, 2012, DonnaMack added the following:

Correction - one of the roots had 14 eyes, and the other one 9.
On January 1st, 2013, DonnaMack added the following:

Please note - they are not closing!
On September 7th, 2014, DonnaMack changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

Unfortunately, one of the two peonies I ordered turned out to be pink, rather than the red one I ordered. It was replaced, but neither one of the originals (now in the ground 2 years), nor the replacement (in one year) bloomed. Peonies I ordered from other companies bloomed.
Positive tomindenver
Denver, CO
October 9, 2012
I saw a recent favorable review of peonies.net on the Garden Watchdog which led me to the website. Unfortunately, the store is in the process of closing, but the silver lining is that all the peonies are half-off. I ordered a total of ten peonies; the roots that were sent arrived very quickly, in great condition and they were HUGE. The value is incredible. Don't hesitate to take advantage of this great sale before its too late.
Positive LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS (Zone 5b)
September 23, 2012
I've bought peonies and other plants from this nursery for several years, since they are close enough to visit in person. This summer they posted a sale on their webside (www.peonies.net) so I purchased three peony varieties that were a little more expensive than I usually buy and had them shipped.

They arrived in excellent condition (bare roots for fall planting) and each had many eyes ('Garden Treasure' had 9 eyes!). I could not be more pleased with the quality of the plants or the service I received.
Negative Magialuna
April 15, 2009
Not only do they not warranty their plants...if you contact them to ask for help you learn the true meaning of the word rude.

Customer service MIA.
Company representative comment on April 16, 2009:
On Apr 16, 2009 7:05 AM, Peonies.net (Bannister Garden Center) responded with:

I am sorry that you feel you were treated rudely. My manager replied to your request for replacement and I will state the company policy for you. We guarantee the plants to be in good condition when you receive them. From my other customers I have gotten only rave reviews about the condition and quality of our roots. We strive to send only 3-5 (usually more eyes) eye roots. We do not assure the plants will live and grow well for you because that depends too much upon things beyond our control. We will work with you to try to find out what caused the problem. If you check througout the industry, you will find this to be the common thread. Please accept our apology for any misunderstanding. Neva

Positive klem_a_tis
near des moines, IA (Zone 5a)
October 18, 2008
I ordered Douglas Brand and Pink Formal on a Monday. On Friday I had the large root stock in the ground! Fast service and a quailty product. As Arnold says... I;ll be baaack!

Based on my experience the company is highly recommended.