The scoop on 'Foxfire Gardens'

Foxfire Gardens

Sugarbush Lane
Marshfield, Wisconsin 54449 (United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Editor's Comment:
Closed June, 2010

As per a note from a reader, Foxfire Gardens is closed.

Comments:

Positive tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI (Zone 5a)
April 13, 2009
I have ordered from them 2 yrs in a row. Fantastic Hostas. I am hoping to make a trip up there this summer to see the grounds.
Positive ic_conifers
Iowa City, IA (Zone 5a)
March 19, 2009
Very good communications with vendor, I cannot wait for my plants to arrive!
On July 15th, 2009, ic_conifers added the following:

All the plants arrived in good shape and are thriving in my garden. I'm very happy with the purchase and plan to order again from Foxfire in the future!
Positive bseward
Kilmarnock, VA (Zone 7a)
May 10, 2007
Wow, Wow, Wow! That's all I could say when I unpacked my order from Foxfire. I too participated in the DG co-op and I'm sure glad I did. All of the hostas I ordered were beautifully packaged and just as healthy as could be, especially the Krossa Regal. It was spectacular. I don't think you can go wrong ordering from this vendor. Betty
Positive dmac085
Greensboro, NC (Zone 7a)
May 9, 2007
I participated in the Spring 2007 Foxfire Co-op and made my first purchase with this company. I'm a novice to hostas but even I recognized that these are very fine specimens. They came very securely packaged and wrapped with huge healthy root systems and green and healthy topgrowth. I'm already thinking of buying some more plants without the benefit of a co-op:) Gorgeous plants and from what I understand this is a small operation but you couldn't tell that from the experience that I've had. I'll definitely be a repeat hosta customer.
On May 21st, 2008, dmac085 added the following:

Spring 2008 Foxfire Hosta Co-op was another success! I received 3 gorgeous healthy clean plants. Well packaged and still damp when I received them. I did not receive one or two eye divisions...there were no less than 4-5 eyes per plant. I couldn't be happier with my new plants and my plants from last year are ridiculously healthy and are very strong growers.
You will not regret making a hosta purchase at Foxfire!
Positive grannymarsh
Marquette, MI (Zone 5a)
May 2, 2007
The Hostas that I ordered thru a co-op were outstanding. Large vigorous root systems, multiple eyes, very healthy. They came well packaged using the corn starch peanuts instead of the styro type. Communication from them regarding the order & shipping times is prompt and courteous. Thank you so much for the excellent product and service.
Positive bbrookrd
Nantucket, MA (Zone 7a)
May 9, 2006
I recieved on May 5 2006 a delightfully heathy order of hosta. I had ordered 11 plants and all came more eyes than I expected. I am very pleased. I'll order again. The shipping charges are very fair. Patti
Positive pehanlon
Memphis, TN
May 8, 2006
Ordered five hostas through DG co-op. All five received in perfect shape and much much nicer than I expected. First rate shipping and plant care when shipping. Root system of each hosta was huge.
Positive sassygranng
Milwaukee, WI (Zone 5a)
May 4, 2006
Hi, I ordered through coop and everything was very healthy and had huge roots, excellent plants, very well packeged .I will order again .........Sharon
Positive LazyJean
Omaha, NE
May 3, 2006
I bought a couple of their hosta introductions by mail order and I am happy to report that the plants I received were huge. I was very surprised to get hostas that big from an internet order. The communication was terrific, the packaging was perfect and I can't wait to order from them again!
Positive GardenGeek_WI
Central, WI (Zone 4a)
August 11, 2005
Huge selection of Excellent Hostas. Lovely place to take a stroll. 7 acres of gardens with waterfalls, ponds including Koi, Meditation areas & Very nice Retail area. Awesome owners. They are so knowledgable and helpful. If anyone is ever in their area, (Marshfield, WI) make it a point to visit. Plan on spending plenty of time though! This was bear land when they started and has been transformed into an extremely beautiful and interesting garden oasis. They are just super people and have done this all by themselves. Definitely a First Class operation!
On August 12th, 2005, GardenGeek_WI added the following:

Spelling error, meant bare land. May have been bear land also, don't know LOL