The scoop on 'Brennan's Orchids, LLC'

Brennan's Orchids, LLC

Mount Jackson, Virginia 22842 (United States)

Comments:

Positive wiggiej
Ann Arbor, MI
May 17, 2011
Posted on February 27, 2010, updated May 17, 2011
Received beautiful orchids - 2/4 were in spike and all were much larger than I expected and wonderfully healthy. I will be ordering from them again.
On May 17th, 2011, wiggiej added the following:

Ordered several orchids again in Feb 2011. Same experience - beautiful, healthy plants at a reasonable price. One of the best (IMHO)
Positive privett
Clarksville, TN
September 11, 2009
I was extremely amazed when my streptocarpus order arrived from Brennan's Orchids, LLC. Every plant was carefully packed to prevent damage. Additionally, every plant was in bloom with several large blooms. The plants were of the highest quality and in excellent health. The size of the plants were astounding! I have ordered from many companies but Brennan's will be my number one choice for ordering plants in the future. In fact, I just placed another order with them. I highly recommend this company to others who enjoy plants as much as I do. You can tell that they take pride in customer service and care about the plants they grow and sell. You will not be disappointed!!! I feel that this company definitely should be listed as one of the top 30 companies posted here at Dave's Garden!
Positive divvajacko
Hinckley, OH (Zone 6a)
September 26, 2008
I am delighted with my order from Brennan's Orchids. My Charlotte Streptocarpus is a large plant a very healthy. My Rebel's Night Breezes african violet is also very healthy and will grow well.

I will be buying more. Very high quality.
On October 18th, 2008, divvajacko added the following:

I had another great order from Brennan's. The quality is top notch.
On October 23rd, 2008, divvajacko added the following:

My final order of the year from Brennan's, again, outstanding. The size of the Streptocarpus is amazing.

I'll be back next year when spring arrives.

On April 15th, 2009, divvajacko added the following:

Well, next year is here and Brennan's is still the best.

I purchased my first orchid from them. It is wonderful. I'm looking forward to blooming time.

The Streptocarpus was the usual wonderful quality I've come to expect from brennan's.

On May 14th, 2009, divvajacko added the following:

I received Strep Maasen's White and two new orchids. Lovely as always.
Positive SharonW
Boise, ID
August 16, 2008
I have placed several orders for streptocarpus from Brennan's in the past months.

To see what kind of plants and service Brennan's offered, I place a small order. The plants that I received were exceptional, well packed, and arrived safely. Of course, I was eager to place a second, larger order.

The post office smashed the box during shipment of the second order and squished several streps, beyond recovery. Brennan's offered to replace the plants; I paid postage.

I took this opportunity to order a few additional plants. (Yes, I am addicted to streps.) When they arrived, I noticed that one of the streps was seriously under-rooted. When I talked to Brennan's, they offered to replace this plant with a stronger healthier plant at no cost.

I believe that Brennan's is an honest company with high standards. I have received excellent service and wonderful strong plants. I highly recommend that you give Brennan's a try. You won't be disappointed!

Positive ericabelle
West Plains, MO (Zone 6b)
July 14, 2008
I won six Streps on Ebay from Brennan's last month, and I found their plants to be VERY healthy and large. All were in bloom, and still blooming strong now. I even received a free plant - a large one! I emailed a question about repotting and received a very fast and helpful response. Brennan's streps are hands-down the best 'bang for your buck'. I definitely plan to order from their online store soon.
Positive Toni05
Brookfield, IL
June 13, 2008
This is my first order from Brennan's Orchids. Received 4 today. And not my last.
All four violets are huge, very healthy specimens. Three are in bud, one has flowers.
Plants were well-packaged, and shipping fast considering this is their busy season.
Ordering was simple, and the person I spoke with, (sorry can't recall name) was quite helpful and patient.
Brennan's is one nursery I recommend ordering violets from. Toni
Positive hotmama
Willow Springs, IL
June 6, 2008
This was my first experience with Brennan's orchids. I won a strep from their ebay auction. I received the plant today, big, healthy, and loaded with blooms/buds. My only disappointment was the blossoms didn't look as nice as the photo. But, that happens sometimes when I photograph my streps too.Some are just more photogenic than others.

I would be happy to buy from them again if I am lucky enough to have the winning bid. I do a great deal of hybridizing so its a real pleasure to receive plants that don't require months of intensive care before I can use them.
Positive gessiegail
Taft, TX (Zone 9a)
June 1, 2008
I have ordered streptocarpus twice now from Brennan's and find them to be exceptionally large and healthy plants. Will order many times over on the streps and orchids. The orchids are so healthy and a nice size and selection. I was disappointed in the violets only in that they had never been groomed and were big plants.After removing all the suckers I now have 3 crowns, but I am not complaining as the crowns are nice and healthy.
Positive kimskreations
Kennebunk, ME (Zone 5a)
October 19, 2007
I ordered from Brennan's for the first time recently (for my birthday). Once I submitted my order I called the nursery directly and spoke to a VERY nice lady. I explained that these were my Birthday Gift from my husband and that I didn't want substitutions. She verified for me over the phone that she had both the plants I wanted. She wished me a Happy Birthday before we hung up which I thought was very nice.

I received a follow up e-mail from Brennan's thanking me for my business and for supporting their family run nursery and informing me of the ship date of my plants with the tracking number included.

I received my box one week after placing my order and was amazed when I opened the packaging. They were in FULL BLOOM with TONS of buds and not one leaf, flower or bud had been disturbed or broken. The flowers were a little tired from their travels but I at least got to see what the MANY buds were going to look like. They were BEAUTIFUL. I transplanted them right away which is something I do with everything that comes through my door *lol* and they both showed absolutely NO transplant shock or wilt which amazed me. VERY healthy, sturdy plants!

I ordered 2 streptocarpus and for 2 plants WITH shipping my invoice was for $30.10. In all consideration, Lowe's charges over $16 for a COMMON hanging plant. The plants I ordered from Brennan's are not common plants. I just can't walk into Lowe's and purchase them so I definitely appreciate a vendor who offers such beautiful large plants at a very fair price :)

I pulled the invoice out of the box and saw that someone had taken the time to hand write Thank You and Happy Birthday on my invoice. It was all the "little touches" that made me a customer for life.

Their prices may be a $1 or so more than their competitors but I'd rather pay the extra and get a nice sized blooming plant than to pay $1 less and get cuttings or barely rooted starts!

My experience with Brennan's was a pleasure from beginning to end.

Kim
Positive bmedel
Mid, ID (Zone 3b)
June 18, 2007
I had the good fortune to have met up with Brennan's Orchids through eBay. My first purchases from them brought me large, healthy streptocarpus plants and bonus gifts. Since then I have purchased from them directly for both myself and to send a gift. Each time I have ordered I have once again received large and healthy streptocarpus plants usually in bud or blooming. All of these plants have thrived for me and bloom almost continuously! I can not say enough good and positive things about this company! Treat yourself to some lovely plants from them, you won't be disappointed!
~Brenda
On October 18th, 2007, bmedel added the following:

Since I left my first review I have ordered from Brennan's Orchids four more times. Three times I had gifts sent to others and then today I received more streptocarpus plants for myself. Each and every time the service was impeccable and fast! The plants are large and healthy and the recipients thrilled with their gorgeous plants! This is a super company!!
Positive bseward
Kilmarnock, VA (Zone 7a)
May 13, 2007
At least once a year, I am fortunate enough to go to Brennan's Orchids and, of course, purchase violets and streptocarplus plants. It's a highlight of the trip and a terrific experience seeing all the beautiful plants there. While I haven't purchased by mail, I believe it would still be a positive experience. Betty
Positive StonesRiver
La Vergne, TN
May 12, 2007
Large, clean, healthy plants at remarkably affordable prices. Just received the Strep, 'Happy Snappy.' It had 10 leaves; some of which were 12" long and it is loaded with blooms ~ and for about the same price you pay for little two-leaf, two-inch Streps you get from others.

Very happy with my purchases. I have bought orchids, streps and chiritas. Highly recommend you try Brennan's Orchids.
Positive jll
Pendleton, OR
June 26, 2006
I recived a african violet It was abig plant in bloom shipping and packing was great easy person to deal with well order again.